Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marley has been a bit off. UD Sun 13.45 Pg 4/uneaten cecals

+9
Zo
Rachel&Nibbler
Sixer
KatieB
gentl
Tuckerbunnies
fiver
FluffSlave
marleyNfriends
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Marley has been a bit off. UD Sun 13.45 Pg 4/uneaten cecals - Page 2 Empty Re: Marley has been a bit off. UD Sun 13.45 Pg 4/uneaten cecals

Post by FluffSlave Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:50 pm

I hope Marley's feeling better Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Marley has been a bit off. UD Sun 13.45 Pg 4/uneaten cecals - Page 2 Empty Re: Marley has been a bit off. UD Sun 13.45 Pg 4/uneaten cecals

Post by gentl Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:05 pm

Vibe top up for Marley. Get well little guy! Hugs for Mommy!

Sparky wrote:.........when we are never more than six inches apart Laughing

This is so sweet to hear. Sounds like you have finally found your special somebun , Sparky!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:38 pm

Well he seems to have been fine all day today, so thats great Very Happy Still going to just stick to herbs for a few more days though, just incase.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:42 pm

yay good boy marley moo Love Love Love

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:49 pm

What good news, please tell him that auntie Jo thinks he is a very good boy ajnd she loves him.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:44 pm

Hes back to not being himself again this morning. Mum went out to feed him (and im glad, because now i know im not just being silly!) and she came in and said Marley doesnt seem to be himself.

Once again he was sat in the run, not bothered about his pellets. Sad Im not sure what to do. Is it worth the stress of a vet trip yet or not. Their poo is lovely and golden, and hes eating his hay and stuff but...i dont know...this strange intermittent behaviour...i cant work it out. scratch

Im thinking about taking him to the vets at some point this week, getting his teeth checked and things. I tried to check him over twice this morning, the first time he ran away and hid in his bunny warren, and then when i came back from the stables, he flipped out when i got him on my knee and leapt back into the playhouse. Rolling Eyes
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:32 pm

Does he get horribly stressed by a vet trip? Even those of us who hate the experience settle back down in no time once we are home again.

I'd be inclined to get him checked over for peace of mind, you *know* when something is not quite right....
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:54 pm

I think Sophia if he is nibbling on hay and not eating pellets he is probably starting with a molar spur as this is just what Fudge and Chudleigh and Pepsi and Faith ( all nethies as you know) were like even with the tiniest of spur's starting. I think a vet trip is needed.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:55 pm

Sparky wrote:Does he get horribly stressed by a vet trip? Even those of us who hate the experience settle back down in no time once we are home again.

I'd be inclined to get him checked over for peace of mind, you *know* when something is not quite right....

I think im going to give them a couple of days with hay only and see how he is. I found some uneaten cecals in teh litter tray today....and they managed to break into a clip n lock tub for yet more treats HBWS I need to be able to rule that out before i rush him off to the vets I think. :/

Tuckerbunnies wrote:I think Sophia if he is nibbling on hay and not eating pellets he is probably starting with a molar spur as this is just what Fudge and Chudleigh and Pepsi and Faith ( all nethies as you know) were like even with the tiniest of spur's starting. I think a vet trip is needed.

He is eating pellets though, and hes eating his herbs, just not much of any of it. Im going to see how he goes between now and Tuesday, if he seems to get any worse though, ill take him in straight away.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:47 pm

Oh dear. I'm sorry to hear Marley's still not right Sad

I'm sending him lots of vibes, and you lots of hugs Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:57 pm

Sorry to hear he's still not right hunni.

I'm very big on following your gut instinct and if you feel something is wrong then get it checked out hunni.

Sending him some vibes and cuddles too xxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:00 pm

If you are finding uneaten cecals I would certainly make an appointment at the vet's and let them check him to be on the safe side Sophia.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:45 pm

awwww sending marley some moe vibes Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:49 pm

Sending Marley some feel-better vibes Hugs Hugs Hugs

and both of them some stop-breaking-into-the-treat-tubs vibes too No
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:19 pm

Katieb wrote:Sorry to hear he's still not right hunni.

I'm very big on following your gut instinct and if you feel something is wrong then get it checked out hunni.

I'm very much with Katie on the BIB. You know your bun. It's obviously playing on your mind so if I was you I would take him.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:44 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:
Katieb wrote:Sorry to hear he's still not right hunni.

I'm very much with Katie on the BIB. You know your bun. It's obviously playing on your mind so if I was you I would take him.

Its playing on my mind, because I feel like its my fault as they have gotten hold of the treats far too many times. Im keeping a very close eye on them both because of this. I also know that I have a habbit of worrying, and know that they are ok for now, but any more changes (more cecals, odd poos or more subdued) then they will be going straight to the vets. I think the pair of them just need "flushing out" for a while, a bunny detox. That is my gut feeling anyway. He had picked up until he got hold of them last night Embarassed No I think I might start them on some fibreplex actually. It certainly cant harm them after the amount of sugar and rubbish they have had though their little tums. I honestly dont think its his teeth.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:22 pm

Sending top up vibes for Mr. Marley Moo and Hugs for you!
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:48 am

sending more vibes to marley and hugs for you Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
it's not your fault hun we all overdo treats occasionaly xx

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:01 pm

Am hoping Marley is a lot more his normal self today. Because of the potential stasis factor bunnies are so much more a worry when they are off compared to cats and dogs Sad

Sending some vibes for Marley and hugs for you xxx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:37 pm

I'm topping up the vibes for Marley and sending you big hugs Hugs

Don't blame yourself! We all know that you would never have left them in the bun's reach knowingly xxx
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by paullp Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:50 pm

lots of top up vibes for Marley Hugs
paullp
paullp
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 789
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:44 am

I think a bunny detox would be a good idea! I read an article last week that said that over sugared treats(carrots and fruit were included) is more of a cause of stasis and hairball problems than the hair itself is.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed May 01, 2013 3:09 pm

Binky has found a few treats love that I didnt want him to have and he is fine. One was melted chocolate on my bed and when I got up to go to the loo upon returning I found that he was licking with all his might. I got the rest up as best I could but there was a fair amount of choc there and he was fine.

Lots of loving vibes are on their way and please let us know what happens.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed May 01, 2013 3:32 pm

Any news on Marley?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2