Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh No- Neighbour About to Release Pet Bunny in Local Park !!

+2
buddabun
Catsknickers
6 posters

Go down

Oh No- Neighbour About to Release Pet Bunny in Local Park !! Empty Oh No- Neighbour About to Release Pet Bunny in Local Park !!

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:50 am

A neighbour just told me that an elderly chap who lives around the corner from me 'found' a stray Bun a few weeks ago. This chap lives with his daughter and severely autistic grandson. The story goes that this Bun was 'set free' by someone local after a relationship break-up. The old boy caught the Bun and thought he'd be a nice Pet for his grandson. A few weeks later grandon is bored and they appear to have 'aquired' a dog................ Rolling Eyes
So Bunny was to be released into the wild this afternoon Crying or Very sad I have said I will take him but there is no way I can keep him. Thankfully my local Rescue, ARC, have agreed to take him in. Poor Bun, he would never survive in the park Crying or Very sad

Now I just have to do the handing Bun over to ARC bit................. confused

Janex

Back to top Go down

Oh No- Neighbour About to Release Pet Bunny in Local Park !! Empty Re: Oh No- Neighbour About to Release Pet Bunny in Local Park !!

Post by Catsknickers Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:55 am

OMG that is disgusting? Why do people do this? Why do they think domestic bunnies would survive in the wild. They are so different from wild buns. ARgh!!!!! confused confused confused confused
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Oh No- Neighbour About to Release Pet Bunny in Local Park !! Empty Re: Oh No- Neighbour About to Release Pet Bunny in Local Park !!

Post by buddabun Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:57 am

:( poor bunny and good on you jane. bunnies can always count on you to help them out. lucky the ARC could help though eh?
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:01 pm

Yep, I'd be in a spot of bovver if ARC were unable to help !!

I have no idea what this Bun will be like. Told he is a 'he' and I hope thats the case as at least a 'he' cant be pregnant !!

I honestly think some people believe that any Rabbit can survive in the wild Rolling Eyes It never ceases to amaze me how stupid some people can be !!

Janex

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:11 pm

Sad I know. we can't save 'em all but you do a damn good job all the same Very Happy
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Karina Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:17 pm

I'm so glad you could help this bun Jane, it would have been awful if they let the bun out into the wild. Some people have no common sense or compassion.

confused Evil or Very Mad
Karina
Karina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1377
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:15 pm

Well Bunny is indeed a Buck !! A little brown and white lop. He's in good condition and he's been neutered !! He's everso friendly and easy to handle. I dropped him off to ARC at lunchtime. I am sure he will be easy to rehome, he's a real sweetie Very Happy

Janex

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:17 pm

Jack's-Jane wrote:Well Bunny is indeed a Buck !! A little brown and white lop. He's in good condition and he's been neutered !! He's everso friendly and easy to handle. I dropped him off to ARC at lunchtime. I am sure he will be easy to rehome, he's a real sweetie Very Happy

Janex

a brown and white lop? does he look like peanut ❤ ❤ ❤
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018

Back to top Go down

Post by Karina Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:17 pm

Thats great news, he must have been well cared for before he was found.
Karina
Karina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:20 pm

He does look like a mini version of Peanut!!

I think the old chap who found him has taken care of him well. I do feel sorry for him as he is often left to care for his Grandson who, being Autistic, has severe behavioural problems. Its a lot to cope with for a chap of 83.

Janex

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:23 pm

Jack's-Jane wrote:He does look like a mini version of Peanut!!

I think the old chap who found him has taken care of him well. I do feel sorry for him as he is often left to care for his Grandson who, being Autistic, has severe behavioural problems. Its a lot to cope with for a chap of 83.

Janex

Shocked ......... one day im going to have a heard of peanuts!

March Hare will have her dutchies, you will have your Rexs...and i will have a tribe of brown and white lops...just not yet Sad

do ARC do bunny runs/let a bunny run happen? just i know my Uncles wife have had Jellys daughter spayed and are looking for a husbun, and i would be quite cute if she had a peanut look alike to go with her jelly lookalike lol!!

obviously a homecheck would be needed i know, but if its possible...?

she said to me she would like a lop that looks a bit like peanut
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:54 pm

He sounds like a lovely little bunny, and it's always a relief for a rescue to receive a rabbit that's already been neutered....takes some of the strain off the funds.

Do we get a picture albino
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:55 pm

if hes already been neutured do you think hes lost as opposed to have been released? i mean i know its still possible but sometimes i think if people are prepapred to get their pets neutured etc...then maybe theyve lost him?
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by sally1974 Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:46 pm

well done Jane, I hate to think what would of happened to him if you were not there to help him.
Sallyx

sally1974
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1419

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:48 pm

The old boy that took him in has had him for 2 months. He put up loads of posters but eventually heard 'through the grapevine' that another local person had released the Bun after this persons relationship broke up .............

ARC will rehome out of their geographical area. So if you were interested in Biscuit ( thats what the old boy called him ) then you can contact Donna

http://www.animalrescueandcare.org.uk/adopt.asp

Janex Very Happy

ETA Sorry, I didn't take any piccies as he was only here for about half an hour and I didn't want to stress him out

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:51 pm

Oh wonderful news ! Very Happy
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down