Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fairly Beloved Rabbit Care Need Help with Vaccinations

+4
Thumper2001
jolovesbunnies
Tuckerbunnies
marleyNfriends
8 posters

Go down

Fairly Beloved Rabbit Care Need Help with Vaccinations Empty Fairly Beloved Rabbit Care Need Help with Vaccinations

Post by marleyNfriends Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:10 pm

marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

Fairly Beloved Rabbit Care Need Help with Vaccinations Empty Re: Fairly Beloved Rabbit Care Need Help with Vaccinations

Post by Tuckerbunnies Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:20 pm

I would love to help but we have 31 to vaccinate ourselves.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Fairly Beloved Rabbit Care Need Help with Vaccinations Empty Re: Fairly Beloved Rabbit Care Need Help with Vaccinations

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:44 pm

I really wish I could help love, if I had it they would be more than welcome.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:05 pm

Same here, but I thought I would share it here anyway. At least then ive helped by getting word out, should there be anyone that is in a position to be able to help financially.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:10 pm

Definitely keep sharing this sort of thing, it can't do any harm Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:53 pm

We'd love to help but finances won't allow. One thing I would say though is that they state they are paying £32 per bun on a reduced rate? At Myerscough the standard rate is £36 but our hu-parents pay only £20 for ours. I'm sure Fairly Beloved could broker a better deal.
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:01 pm

I'm not criticising them, because they have to do what they have to do, but I'm wondering if it has just been worded cleverly. It says "the average price for this vaccine is £32 per rabbit" and then goes on to thank someone for the reduced rate they are paying.  It doesn't actually say that that is what they are paying.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, and I'm really not having a dig at them. I'm sure they need funds whether they're for vaccinations or food or whatever.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:41 pm

I wish them oodles of luck - it's a big challenge and I hope they have managed to get a better deal xx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:01 pm

I thought the same too, but whatever they are paying, if its less im sure the money will go to good use.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:03 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:I thought the same too, but whatever they are paying, if its less im sure the money will go to good use.
Exactly Smile

Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Father Jack Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:I thought the same too, but whatever they are paying, if its less im sure the money will go to good use.
Exactly Smile

I do agree. But the point is they are asking for money to cover the cost of vaccinations. Therefore legally speaking, as they are a charity, they cannot use it for anything else unless the donor specifically states that the individual donation is for general use and not specifically for vaccinations. So, they ought to be saying exactly how much they pay for each vaccination so that donations can be made accordingly.
Father Jack
Father Jack
Forum Ambassador

Number of posts : 1639
Registration date : 2011-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:31 pm

They should get a charity discount at their vet's for things like that scratch 

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:44 pm

Quite agree Tuckerbunnies love.

Hugs

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:44 am

If the conspiracy theories I've read on myxi are true, the governments should give it at cost and vets should give the vaccine as a gesture of love of animals. In a perfect world.......sigh. I am so thankful we don't have it here....yet.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:52 pm

Hi, able to help a little and happy to donate £32. Let's to it 1 by 1. All shelters and rescues need support currently.
Claudia, Bert and Bubbles

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down