Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The latest fun with Joey: Scab advice U/D: Pics

5 posters

Go down

The latest fun with Joey: Scab advice U/D: Pics Empty The latest fun with Joey: Scab advice U/D: Pics

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:25 pm

Hello again! I will update my other thread but started a new one because I need (yet more  Embarassed ) advice...

Today I've noticed a red patch with a scab on Joey's neck (just on the area where neck meets jaw if that makes sense). It's obviously been there for a day or two as it's scabbed over and not raw. All I've seen him do is clean his dewlap and the scabbed area  No 

So firstly any ideas on how to keep him from damaging it?

Secondly, should I be worried? He is are usual moulting, and I guess there's a possibilty he's caught it. Bun stress strikes again...

Last edited by JoeyBunsMum on Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

The latest fun with Joey: Scab advice U/D: Pics Empty Re: The latest fun with Joey: Scab advice U/D: Pics

Post by KatieB Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:24 pm

I think just leave it hunni - maybe check it once a day to make sure it's healing nicely.

I found something similar on Daisy's back a few weeks back ... No idea how it got there at all !
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

The latest fun with Joey: Scab advice U/D: Pics Empty Re: The latest fun with Joey: Scab advice U/D: Pics

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:21 pm

KatieB wrote:I think just leave it hunni - maybe check it once a day to make sure it's healing nicely.  

I found something similar on Daisy's back a few weeks back ... No idea how it got there at all !

Thanks hun. They do like to stress up don't they?!

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:22 pm

Oh god yes! It's important to them that they always have us at the edge of our nerves!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:30 am

Has Joey had any injections lately in that area? he could have been stung and had a reaction ( it does happen), is he scratching there at all?

If he can reach the area he may have scratched it himself and it's scabbed over. I'd keep an eye on it.

Hope he is ok xxx

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:51 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:Has Joey had any injections lately in that area?  he could have been stung and had a reaction ( it does happen), is he scratching there at all?

If he can reach the area he may have scratched it himself and it's scabbed over. I'd keep an eye on it.

Hope he is ok xxx

No Maysie, he's not had any vaccinations or jabs recently. He is cleaning and scratching at it quite a lot, which is frustrating as I don't want him to damage the area!

I've had a look at it today and it looks pretty much the same as yesterday.

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:20 pm

JoeyBunsMum wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:Has Joey had any injections lately in that area?  he could have been stung and had a reaction ( it does happen), is he scratching there at all?

Hope he is ok xxx

No Maysie, he's not had any vaccinations or jabs recently. He is cleaning and scratching at it quite a lot, which is frustrating as I don't want him to damage the area!

I've had a look at it today and it looks pretty much the same as yesterday.

Can you take a photo and post it on here so I can have a look ( if you have time )  Thumbs Up 

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by gentl Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:51 pm

Guinness was covered with scabs when we got him. Gentle brushing took care of the areas. They came loose when they were ready.
gentl
gentl
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6686
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:02 pm

Here you go Maysie. Hope they are ok, it's the best I could do! He's been booked in at the vets tomorrow so she can check it out, I thought it was the best thing to do.

The latest fun with Joey: Scab advice U/D: Pics <a href=The latest fun with Joey: Scab advice U/D: Pics Scab10" />

The latest fun with Joey: Scab advice U/D: Pics <a href=The latest fun with Joey: Scab advice U/D: Pics Scab210" />

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:13 pm

That looks sore love, I hope he is better soon.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down