Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris in training.

5 posters

Go down

Chris in training. Empty Chris in training.

Post by Sixer Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:22 pm

I have been instructing Chris in rabbit care for when I am at the conference in October. This means showing him how to give Gabriel his metacam without him devouring the syringe Rolling Eyes and how to give all four their breakfast pellets in the correct order so that they all get the same amount. In the case of Gabe who grunts and boxes if he doesn't get them quick enough there is a also a tried and tested procedure to stop him from sending them flying everywhere Rolling Eyes

The most amusing training however is watching Chris try to get Rosie and BJ off the garden back up on the decking and into their shed. A firmly spoken 'BJ, back up' sends him up straight away for me  Love Although Rosie tries it on a bit before going up the steps she knows full well what 'Rosie, back up' means. She still has a thing about the steps and refuses to use the middle step Hmmm before stamping at the top to let me know how displeased she is at having her grass time curtailed.

It tickled me greatly that when Chris tried, both BJ and Rosie took absolutely no notice of him - his voice held no authority whatsoever and they didn't even flick an ear. They then gave him the run around when he tried to herd them in the direction of the steps Laughing

Yesterday however, Chris stepped up the authority in his voice and the bunnies recognised this and responded Thumbs Up They also know 'Back in' means going back into the shed.

So next on Chris's training schedule is changing the litter trays and poo inspection Laughing Laughing Laughing
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Chris in training. Empty Re: Chris in training.

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:51 pm

Ha ha, thank you so much for sharing this with us love, the little monkeys were thinking they had got off easily LOL!! Holly is like that, she will listen to Paul but not to me and if she doesn't get her own way she runs around grunting. Laughing

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:45 pm

This has really made me chuckle...... Mine take no notice of me and I'm their owner/slave!

Sounds like he is going to have loads of fun with them!!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:46 pm

This sounds rather amusing!! Laughing

Good luck, Chris Wink
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:17 pm

Yes good luck to all OH that take on the care for 24-36 hours.
I have been asked to cut all fresh stuffa nd prepare it in portion bags labeled with name in the fridge. I have done this in the past when my neighbour looked after them so I guess I will have to stick with it. Laughing Suspect

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:22 pm

I did that love when we had trtioses and a neighbour came into feed them. It is a good idea.

I am convinced they woud have us courtesy if they could LOL!!

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down