Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training

4 posters

Go down

Training Empty Training

Post by Sparky Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:23 pm

I have trained my Humum that when I periscope, she is to say 'Hup' and give me a pellet.

However, she's not progressing as well as I would like and only gets it right about one time in three. I can be periscoping like mad and she is not consistent in saying 'Hup' and giving me a pellet every time. I have noticed that the two are linked - she either does both actions or ignores me completely.

I try to keep the training sessions short and make sure I reward her at the end by giving her five minutes peace, but we seem to have reached a certain level of performance and are no longer moving on.

I am desperate to get her to give me a pellet every time I periscope. I don't even care if she says 'Hup' every time.

Any tips on training humans please, people? Help me out, my legs and tummy muscles are starting to ache!
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Training Empty Re: Training

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:53 pm

Flo says 'treat em mean Sparky. If you refuse to come over and say hello the hoomins will soon wave pellets at you.'

Bruce says ' a quick tug to the bottom of their trousers always encourages them to pay attention and don't forget to pull your best cute face. Works every time.'

Back to top Go down

Post by bobtek85 Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:02 am

Radar says: "Spend the entire afternoon hiding from them, refusing company. Now we watch, and wait till 10.30 pm (when they're ready go go to bed for the early morning wakeup). Now we come out for cuddles and bunny-loves. This will, without fail, guaranteed an entire cabbage leaf! See, I've successfully quilted them into feeding me because they can't stay up all night."

Splash says: "Be born... this seems to suffice. Apparently its because I'm a 'pretty little nommy-kins', or something"
bobtek85
bobtek85
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:04 pm

Having no buns just now, I will have to give you the advice that mine would have furnished.

Wolfgang - just refuse to do ANYTHING until they give you pellets.

Gloria - try falling over backwards as then they feel guilty and give you pellets as they feel sorry for you. However, you do have to put up with them laughing at you and maybe even trying to take video for You Tube!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:48 pm

daisy and flopsy say mope around like your sad and reep the pellet rewards
bluebel says rattle and shake everything you can then thump your foot humins feel guilty and pay up..
Smile

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down