Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy new year ((very long thread!!))

+2
Tuckerbunnies
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
6 posters

Go down

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) Empty Happy new year ((very long thread!!))

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:20 am

Hi Happy Hoppers,

I am sorry for my recent absence. I've not been feeling too great recently. Unfortunately on the 1st
of December; I found that Ruby had passed away suddenly and unexpectedly that morning. Ruby was one of my
gorgeous piggies. It was such a shock and i was emotionless for the first day - I had never had a pet loss
hit me in the way that it did with Ruby.

Ruby wasn't poorly, she had a hernia which she had for the past year and half but it was regularly monitored
and checked and all was well. She was a healthy weight - a whopping 1.3kg. She was a big girl  Love
She had no symptoms or anything that I was able to pick up on. I phoned John as soon as
they opened and he very kindly said to me to bring Ruby in and that he would do a post mortem for me.
He did this out of his own kindness without charge - I am so grateful for him for doing this.

John phoned us up and hour and half later, around 11:30 am. The post mortem revealed that Ruby had
a enlarged heart with fluid on it resulting in her dying from heart failure. I was completely shocked
by this but also in a way relieved that we knew what she had passed away from. I just can't believe that
my girl has gone  Crying or Very sad I have recently found out through the guinea pig forum that sudden acute heart
failure in piggies is something quite common. It can take a healthy piggy at any time or age with little
or no warning.

She had only just turned 3, It was actually her third birthday that she died on. Whether a coincidence or not
it was almost as if somebody had put a ticking time bomb on her.

Sleep tight Ruby - 1/12/2011 - 1/12/2014

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 14429126832_b0289c65c8

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 14243847988_fef2366b2f

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 14430412945_ba0eda85e8

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 14034560042_b2691d74c1_z
Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 14038202444_51e404f90a_z
Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 14014615646_8d21209bff_z

As a result of losing Ruby, Poor Daisy was obviously left all on her lonesome and grieving for her
half sister  Sad that sunday, 6 days after we took Daisy along to Cottontails Rescue where she
chose her new friend. Her new friend is a little girl who is 2 years old (so a year younger than
Daisy) she is gorgeous. She has red eyes; she was originally called Lily but I renamed her Delilah-rose.

Here she is  Love

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 16017547836_37e489ba5d

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 15856046930_4fd58f0944

With Daisy Love

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 15855998020_192c821251

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 16041326381_883686dea3

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 15423623713_1d0acf0035[/url][/QUOTE]

Anyway.......

Happy new year to everybody and bun - we hope that 2015 will be a positive and successful year for all.

You will have to excuse the quality of the photos, i took them on my old camera. I am a bit of a photo perfectionist EmbarassedLaughing
As you can see; Pickle was happy to pose as he always does, Pixie was not so keen and pulled some disapproving poses.

Also this will be the second time you all would of seen Livio our latest addition - he is the little black lop. He is Lily's new husbun
for those who didn't see the introduction thread I did on him. We adopted him in October from Cottontails Rescue after Flopsy
passed away. Lily absolutely loves him and it has brought out the youthfulness in her. Livio is about 11 months old and Lily is about 3 and half,
so not too much of an age gap.

Anyhow, enjoy the photos, Best wishes;

Jack - Pickle, Pixie, Lily, Livio, Daisy, Delilah-rose, Jasper, Edmondo, Gino and Little-pig/Giuseppe. xx

Pickle -

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 15979813080_13935868c0

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 16166712462_f057502934

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 15547672663_d9f8228475

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 15980069020_be6c140c1d

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 16165661041_30a430cd5b

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 16141782756_66232b8303

Pixie -

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 15980187610_66eafe3844

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 16141725756_aba16f4f8c

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 16167476395_9bf4a5486a

Livio -

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 16166615342_8d7de7a96e

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 15981559357_a9431e50ef

Lily -

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 15981265349_7268a43c44

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 16167299835_7ddb5af04a

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 16141488266_985aca4116

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 16166422252_b55119ddc0

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 15544907444_512031e3ff

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 15544907444_512031e3ff

Livio!

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 16167193575_c7872a1ecd

Here is the canvas I got for Christmas to remember Ruby Love

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) 16167460081_da7c82f7fc
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 686
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Back to top Go down

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) Empty Re: Happy new year ((very long thread!!))

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:31 am

I was sorry to hear about Ruby Jack Sad it's always so sad when you lose a pet it be a rabbit or a guinea pig their lost is always felt. Hugs Hugs

I love the new piggy Delilah-rose and she seems to suit that name she is very pretty you do seem to have such gorgeous pigs and bunnies Love Love
and it's so nice to see Lily with Livio they look so content with each other.
I love Pickle he reminds me of our Pebbles a bit and Pixie what a beautiful colour she has gone seems a lot darker or is it me Smile whatever she is beautiful.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Happy new year ((very long thread!!)) Empty Re: Happy new year ((very long thread!!))

Post by BellaPickleFlopsyLily Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:15 am

Tuckerbunnies wrote:I was sorry to hear about Ruby Jack Sad  it's always so sad when you lose a pet it be a rabbit or a guinea pig their lost is always felt. Hugs Hugs

I love the new piggy Delilah-rose and she seems to suit that name she is very pretty you do seem to have such gorgeous pigs and bunnies Love Love
I love Pickle he reminds me of our Pebbles a bit and Pixie what a beautiful colour she has gone seems a lot darker or is it me Smile  whatever she is beautiful.

Thank you Maysie, it's really hard losing animals. It's something you never get used to although it doesn't put me off having them. I've adopted 5 times now from rescues, 4 from Cottontails (Pickle, Pixie, Livio and Delilah-rose) and then Little-pig from Animal Lifeline. I love adopting, it feels so good Love

Lily is so in love with Livio, it's worked out so well between them. They are definitely very well suited - not just colourwise Laughing Although they do go well together Love

Yeah Pixie has got darker - she's always changing colour. She's currently going through a moult right now; I think she's going lighter. It's amazing how often she changes colour, it's funny as she looks like a different rabbit each time Laughing
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
BellaPickleFlopsyLily
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 686
Registration date : 2012-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:42 am

I'm sorry to hear about Ruby Jack. I hope you are ok.

Lovely to hear from you though and for updated snaps of your warren. Your new addition is absolutely beautiful and she is a very lucky girl x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:17 pm

Happy New Year! Very Happy

I am really sorry to hear about Ruby Sad - she was a stunning girl and had a very happy life with you.

I'm loving Delilah Love

All of your clan look very happy Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:26 pm

BellaPickleFlopsyLily wrote:
Tuckerbunnies wrote:I was sorry to hear about Ruby Jack Sad  it's always so sad when you lose a pet it be a rabbit or a guinea pig their lost is always felt. Hugs Hugs

I love Pickle he reminds me of our Pebbles a bit and Pixie what a beautiful colour she has gone seems a lot darker or is it me Smile  whatever she is beautiful.

Thank you Maysie, it's really hard losing animals. It's something you never get used to although it doesn't put me off having them. I've adopted 5 times now from rescues, 4 from Cottontails (Pickle, Pixie, Livio and Delilah-rose) and then Little-pig from Animal Lifeline. I love adopting, it feels so good Love

Lily is so in love with Livio, it's worked out so well between them. They are definitely very well suited - not just colourwise Laughing Although they do go well together Love

Yeah Pixie has got darker - she's always changing colour. She's currently going through a moult right now; I think she's going lighter. It's amazing how often she changes colour, it's funny as she looks like a different rabbit each time Laughing

It is hard losing an animal Jack you are so right I still miss and cry over Baby Saint , such a little bunny but Oh such a big loss and Helen is not in great health she falls over a lot more with having the twisted spine and she suffers terribly with a chest infection, mike has made a nebulising unit like Sparky's spaceship and we are going to start nebulising her but I don't know if she will like it and get stressed, this is it when they have e.cuniculi anything stressful sets them off. I know if anything happened to her I'd be more than devastated Sad

I'm so glad that Lily and Livio are happy with each other it's so good to see them enjoy the company of another rabbit when they have lost a long term companion and it is a good feeling to adopt isn't it, and Cottontails is one of my favourite rescues Love Love

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:41 pm

I am so very sorry for your loss love, we never really get over it do we? Thank you for sharing the lovely photos, they are all so beautiful.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:13 pm

I am so sorry to hear of Ruby Sad Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

As always, I have loved seeing the pictures of your very beautiful brood and am glad Livio has settled in so wonderfully xx
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down