Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What has Marley and Co. been up to? LONG THREAD

+2
FluffSlave
marleyNfriends
6 posters

Go down

What has Marley and Co. been up to? LONG THREAD Empty What has Marley and Co. been up to? LONG THREAD

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:03 pm

That is now our name at the vets; 'Marley and Co.' Because aparently i always come in with more rabbits than i booked in! Laughing

Anyway, i dont think ive posted any updates for a while. Marley and Dolly are loving it in my room, initially i had planned on letting them out from 5pm-ish until i go to bed, but Mum wont let them free range unless im in here, and when im in here i dont get any college work done because they distract me with their bunny antics! Laughing SO, they are now free range from 9.30pm until 7.30am Very Happy I was so worried about them getting into trouble and keeping me awake on a night, but its fab, i love it! Dolly has taken some chunks out of the laptop charger though, so im going to tape it all up and get a cable tidy for it - trust her to get to the only wire in my room! Rolling Eyes

So my bedroom has become their bedroom, i just take refuge on the bed. Rolling Eyes
What has Marley and Co. been up to? LONG THREAD Thisissupposedtobemybedroom_zps7b7d0df2

The second morning of them being free range, i woke up to hear bunnies digging/chewing and couldnt see them as it was still dark. I was filled with dread at what i might find when i put the lights on. Flicked the lamp on, to find Dolly peeking at me...
What has Marley and Co. been up to? LONG THREAD Castle_zpsf39505f7

The little brat bunnies have now had a castle from the RWAF, which Hughie now has because Marley didnt like the slippy floor in it Rolling Eyes So i got them the one from P@H which they LOVE! Although i had to rescue Mr Fanny Pants off the top level because he was panicing over getting down when Dolly left him up there Laughing

Marley: "Dis is MY castle, i didz not invite no hoomins...go away!"
What has Marley and Co. been up to? LONG THREAD Marleyinhiscastle_zps223e41a6

The last couple of nights ive been woken up by somebunny (its hard to tell the difference between 2 black bunnies when its dark and your half asleep!) using me as a springboard. I think its Dolly, she likes to jump on the bed, then leap off my chest and bunny 500 at 2am in the morning! This morning was lovely though, i was woken up by the pair of them giving me bunny kisses Love Even Dolly spent ages giving kisses, which made me cry Laughing I dont know what id do without those two.

As for Hughie, he has now moved into Marley and Dollys playhouse and is a little terror! I have had to put C&C grids around the inside to stop him chewing the wood. He LOVES making a mess, the contents of his litter tray are always spilled everywhere on a morning with the litter tray on its side at the other side of the playhouse No He STILL cant use the catflap though, so its propped open with a plantpot - I was using sticks, but he kept pulling them out and locking himself outside Laughing Im getting concerned about him though, everyone that enquires about him arent able to give him enough space, and arent willing to extend their accommodation either. Its also getting cold outside and he has nobun to snuggle with and rather than gaining confidence he is loosing it again, because im not able to spend as much time with him due to the darker nights and working weekends Sad

Anyway, heres a few pictures of him, i love the hayrack one Laughing
Hughie: "Marleh iz right, these racks iz comfy for me fluffeh bum, but i az bigga eerz than e duz an they iz bit squished!"
What has Marley and Co. been up to? LONG THREAD HughiemovesintoMarleysNook7thOctober3_zps39c7cda3

What has Marley and Co. been up to? LONG THREAD HughiemovesintoMarleysNook7thOctober1_zps8111a3ee
What has Marley and Co. been up to? LONG THREAD HughiemovesintoMarleysNook7thOctober2_zpsabe529f2
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

What has Marley and Co. been up to? LONG THREAD Empty Re: What has Marley and Co. been up to? LONG THREAD

Post by FluffSlave Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:27 pm

Oh the terrible twosome. Love the one of Dolly peering out of the castle at you. And Marley's grumpy face in his castle Laughing

Hughie looks really happy Sophia. Honestly, he does. Try not to worry too much about him. Maybe a big straw bed at night and a snugglesafe? I'm sure the right home will come along for him eventually Thumbs Up
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

What has Marley and Co. been up to? LONG THREAD Empty Re: What has Marley and Co. been up to? LONG THREAD

Post by Sparky Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:14 pm

What a fab update - we were just starting to wonder how things were at Chez Marley Very Happy

I'm loving the pics and the fact that you're so enjoying have the terrible twosome indoors (apart from at 2am possibly Wink ).

Hughie does look like such a different guy from the one who spent so long cowering in the carrier after you first rescued him. He looks sleek, healthy and inquisitive. I really wish someone would offer him a wonderful home, although I am really glad he is with you in the meantime as I know you would only let him go to a wonderful home Hugs Hugs Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:20 pm

FluffSlave wrote:
Hughie looks really happy Sophia. Honestly, he does. Try not to worry too much about him. Maybe a big straw bed at night and a snugglesafe? I'm sure the right home will come along for him eventually Thumbs Up
He has a hidey box with lots of straw in it, so im sure he is warm enough, but i see Marley and Dolly who groom eachother and snuggle together, then they chase eachother for the last bit of crunchie, it must be boring for him out there on his own.
Sparky wrote:What a fab update - we were just starting to wonder how things were at Chez Marley Very Happy

I'm loving the pics and the fact that you're so enjoying have the terrible twosome indoors (apart from at 2am possibly Wink ).

Hughie does look like such a different guy from the one who spent so long cowering in the carrier after you first rescued him. He looks sleek, healthy and inquisitive. I really wish someone would offer him a wonderful home, although I am really glad he is with you in the meantime as I know you would only let him go to a wonderful home Hugs Hugs Hugs

I dont mind me waking me up, its odd, because theres usually a reason. I was having a bad dream the first time, then last night, she woke me up and i had kidney pain so took some tramadol which meant i was ok this morning. Perhaps they knew and thats why i got the rare privilage of having bunny kisses this morning Laughing

He will find a home hopefully, but i had so hoped he would find a wifey bun before it started to get cold. I will try and get some more pictures of him, these were taken a couple of weeks ago. I havent had any days off on a weekend for a while, but when i do ill get some more pictures of him when the light is good Smile
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:36 pm

Oh I do hope he finds a new home soon. If you were closer when we were looking for a husbun for Willow I would have snapped the little guy up, but Mojo was only 15 minutes away and we fell in love.

Hopefully Hughie is going to be someone else's Mojo before long! Fingers crossed! Hugs
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:40 pm

FluffSlave wrote:Oh I do hope he finds a new home soon. If you were closer when we were looking for a husbun for Willow I would have snapped the little guy up, but Mojo was only 15 minutes away and we fell in love.

Hopefully Hughie is going to be someone else's Mojo before long! Fingers crossed! Hugs
Laughing I had thought about Hughie being a friend for Willow (i think about Hughie being a friend for any doe looking for a husbun! Laughing) But i know willow cant be spayed, which might make her a bit too dominant for him. I have a feeling he would be quite territorial and pushy when bonding...but i could be completely wrong! I just get the impression from the way he can be when getting in his space. I hope Willow and Mojo get on well eventually Smile
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:07 pm

it's nice to see the marley crew Love Love Love Love Love Love
bet you screamed when somebun jumped on you and woke you Laughing Laughing Laughing

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:35 pm

Don't let bunny moll Faith see that castle else she be wanting to know where they all live Laughing Laughing

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:40 pm

marleyNfriends wrote:
FluffSlave wrote:Oh I do hope he finds a new home soon. If you were closer when we were looking for a husbun for Willow I would have snapped the little guy up, but Mojo was only 15 minutes away and we fell in love.

Laughing I had thought about Hughie being a friend for Willow (i think about Hughie being a friend for any doe looking for a husbun! Laughing) But i know willow cant be spayed, which might make her a bit too dominant for him. I have a feeling he would be quite territorial and pushy when bonding...but i could be completely wrong! I just get the impression from the way he can be when getting in his space. I hope Willow and Mojo get on well eventually Smile

I really thought Willow would be dominant too Sophia, but the bit of dominance shown this morning came from Mr Mo and she backed down very quickly! She's actually a very shy and submissive type from what we can gather at the moment. Although, with hormones intact she might be completely different tomorrow. It's a good job Mojo is a patient and laid back type! Laughing
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:47 pm

Tuckerbunnies wrote:Don't let bunny moll Faith see that castle else she be wanting to know where they all live Laughing Laughing
Shes very welcome to come join in the fun, as long as she promises not to dive bomb me in the middle of the night!! Evil or Very Mad
FluffSlave wrote:
marleyNfriends wrote:

I really thought Willow would be dominant too Sophia, but the bit of dominance shown this morning came from Mr Mo and she backed down very quickly! She's actually a very shy and submissive type from what we can gather at the moment. Although, with hormones intact she might be completely different tomorrow. It's a good job Mojo is a patient and laid back type! Laughing
Awwwwww Love We have all our fingers and paws crossed that it works out for the two of them though Very Happy
I know when i bonded Dolly with Marley before her spay she had phantom pregnancies, do you know if they can become a problem?
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:05 pm

I'm not sure Sophia. She's never suffered with them in the past, so I hope they don't start now.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel&Nibbler Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:37 pm

Aww they definitely sound as though they are giving you some night time entertainment! Love the photos, keeping all fingers and paws crossed the right wifebun comes along for Hughie soon..
Rachel&Nibbler
Rachel&Nibbler
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2379
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down