Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You know how sometimes you don't

+4
c.bolduan
BugsBunny
jolovesbunnies
woodwench
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

You know how sometimes you don't - Page 2 Empty Re: You know how sometimes you don't

Post by c.bolduan Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:39 am

Energy follows the thought. And if connected or bonded to someone strongly enough it can be picked up.
Som poeple call it gut instinct, ie the mum that suddenly worries about her child whilst she is at work the child in nursery to come and pick it up by the end of the day and Hera from nursery staff that the child was not well earlier on.
I once had a little Tom that was badly injured in an rTA and I nursed him back to life. He did the waiting game. My neighbour commented on it and said. Do you know this cat s waiting each day on the wall opposit the garage. And he gets it right each day no matter what shift you are on. He will sit there ten minutes before you arrive. No fail. Now that's commitment.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

You know how sometimes you don't - Page 2 Empty Re: You know how sometimes you don't

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:24 pm

I think animals can read things to a certainly extent, far more than we can. It has been known for doggies to bark when they have been in the proximity of a reputed ghost, I think they also see things that we don't. They often know when someone is bad too. The little cat sounds adorable CB love.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:43 pm

Jo, you're right about the ghost thing.
That same dog I mentioned, Sollee, he seemed to be what some would call, if he had been human, "Gifted".
There's a small Private cemetery on this Estate where all the estate owners and some important Locals are buried. It's located in what was once the Hall's parkland and one day I was walking Sol in the park when one of the estate workers happened to be cutting the cemetery grass so I popped in to have a look at the ruins of the old medieval church that stands there.
Sollee was running free and was quite happy nosing around the ruins until he came to the grave of a little girl. This child had been abandoned as an infant on the doorstep of a local couple who had adopted her. She died in the influenza outbreak after WW1. When Sol came upon her grave he bolted and ran to me where he stood growling at the grave.
I thought maybe he had seen a hedgehog or a snake and went to investigate, there was nothing and Sol wouldn't come near the spot. I tell you, it spooked both me and the chap who was cutting the grass.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:29 pm

Thank you for sharing that love, that is just what I mean. Cats will sometimes stare at nothing, Holly my bunny stamps for no good reason and whilst I tell myself it is something they have heard and quite normal. sometimes it doesn't seem that way. I think they can see and hear things that we cannot. Is there any history of the little girl being a ghost?

Hugs
Jo xx

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:14 pm

No history. And the rest of the cemetery has no present day history (within the last two hundred years anyway). The medieval ruins were said to have been connected to a monastery about four miles away that was sacked by Cromwell; there is said to be a connecting tunnel between the two and that the monks fled the monastery via that tunnel. I know the church is quite well known as being the only one with the alter sited in the wrong place.
Personally I have never been affected by the cemetery or the church and have walked past it at midnight(ish). My own home however I know as a resident ghost and most of my dogs reacted to it. Not sure of my rabbits though. Will have to put Henners on Ghost-watch.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:32 pm

That is so interesting love, I didn't know you had your own ghosty, what is he like? I could live quite happily with one as long as he wasn't naughty, I would see it as his home too as it once was. On the other hand though, I am not really good with cemeteries, I know nothing can hurt me and I am being irrational.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:40 pm

Jo, it goes back to my Mum in the 1960's when she kept telling us about the man walking up the back path on Friday lunch times. She swore she heard footsteps coming up the path, a man wearing hob nailed boots. Every time the steps would halt just short of the door.
We all teased her about it but she was deadly serious and called her Friday visitor George!
When I was grown up and alone in the house after mum's death I heard George myself. I never saw anything, just heard the hob nailed boots coming up the path. I was never scared and once or twice I called out, "Hello George, Okay?"
Funny thing was, one day in the spring of 1993 I saw a car pull up at our gate and an old couple got out and stood staring at the house. I went out to ask if I could help and the old lady said she had been born in this house and that her father had been gardener at the Hall until his death. She said he had died of an heart attack one Friday morning when he was coming home for his lunch. He had died on the back path.
I had a job not to say I thought he was still coming home for his Friday lunch. It was spooky.
I let the couple have a look around the house and it was nice to hear her stories of how happy they all been living here. Just before she left I asked what her dad was called and she said,
"Mason. He was called George Mason."
Spooky!
But she was a lovely lady and had such happy memories of living here ... George is a happy ghost, though I haven't heard him for a very long time now, maybe seeing his daughter and knowing she was happy gave him peace.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:58 pm

That is fantastic love, thank you so much for sharing it with me. To find out that his name really was George, I wonder what put George into your head when you first named him. Perhaps he as with you when you showed the old lady around, has it been quieter or is he still walking up the path? Peaceful vibes for George.

Hugs
Jo xx

I love tales like this.

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:19 pm

I like to think he was the woman's dad and that he was there that day and saw she was happy. I haven't heard him in ages. Just after the couple visited father and I had to move out of the cottage to allow for renovation work and it was a year before I returned and during that time my father died. I had been his carer for ten years whilst also looking after his sister and one of mum's sisters as well (mum's sister died also in that year), so when I came home I was in a pretty bad place, an emotional and physical wreck and I wasn't really concerned with very much at all except putting my home together and caring for my dog and rabbit. I don't think I gave George a second thought.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2