Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rear Guard... who uses it??.. how best to use it??

+3
Sixer
woodwench
The Snowman
7 posters

Go down

Rear Guard...  who uses it??.. how best to use it??  Empty Rear Guard... who uses it??.. how best to use it??

Post by The Snowman Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:39 pm

With the warmer weather in recent days, I am already worrying about increased fly population!

Do you all use Rear Guard.... and how best to use it??  I have some, but I am not really sure how to go about it? Or do you use other products???

Also... how on earth do you carry out daily fly strike checks on big nervous, jumpy buns??   Seb isn't too bad at being picked up and inspected. Dotty is a nightmare and its difficult to avoid her hiding in the tunnel.   I am more worried about the new buns. Obviously they are settling in at the moment, and don't know us or trust us yet, and I cannot chase them and frighten them...  so how do you do it??   Any advice much appreciated.

Oh and also... do the vets (nurse)  apply Rearguard for you as a normal routine service...like clipping claws....HELP!

Last edited by The Snowman on Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Snowman
The Snowman
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 307
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Rear Guard...  who uses it??.. how best to use it??  Empty Re: Rear Guard... who uses it??.. how best to use it??

Post by woodwench Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:03 pm

I bought Henry's RG yesterday. I plan to catch him when he is in his travel box and whip him into the bath. There I shall take the top off the box and hope administering the RG will be as easy as it was when treating him for mites!
Treating Loll was like painting the bum of a kangaroo.
The best bun where this kind of thing was concerned that I ever had was Clawed. Using fuss and treats I managed to get her to do a very cheeky bottom presentation at the command of, "Scut inspection!". It was so cute the way she thrust her little tush in the air and it was so easy to check out the nether regions.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Rear Guard...  who uses it??.. how best to use it??  Empty Re: Rear Guard... who uses it??.. how best to use it??

Post by Sixer Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:12 pm

I have never used rearguard on any of mine, just inflict regular bottom checks on them.

It may be possible in time to train Dotty and the newbies to get into a carrier for you? If you leave the carrier in the runs for them to get used to it is less traumatic for them when they do need to go in one.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:16 pm

Yes ... everyday access to a carrier is my way. And leaving the odd item/s of food in it, right at the back, encourages them to visit regularly and spend time in side. Nothing like a tasty treat to relax and nurture confidence.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:07 am

We use rearguard although it is a pAin to apply!!

I have to grab all of mine each day for meds anyway do they get a quick check then and so am the least popular bunny bum that ever there was as you can imagine.

Last edited by KatieB on Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:25 pm

I don't use Rearguard but if it's any help then I know my vet does apply it as a routine service if you want them to Thumbs Up
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:46 pm

Even though Holly is a house bun, I still check her every day. So far we have been lucky.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:34 am

I check my folks daily. RG only gets applied when needed. I wear an old onsee. Dark blue with pink stars that looks ridicules but it helps to some extend. I had not to apply to Vernon or D'Layla so watch the space.Laughing

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down