Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr Mo is scaring me :( U/D He's home

+5
Amelia66
KatieB
c.bolduan
Thumper2001
FluffSlave
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mr Mo is scaring me :( U/D He's home - Page 2 Empty Re: Mr Mo is scaring me :( U/D He's home

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat May 09, 2015 6:49 pm

That is great news hs having come around and eating normally again, I bet he s a hungry little chap too. I wish I could help you with the finances love, if I had got it I would gladly help out.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Mr Mo is scaring me :( U/D He's home - Page 2 Empty Re: Mr Mo is scaring me :( U/D He's home

Post by FluffSlave Sun May 10, 2015 7:16 pm

Thank you guys Hugs

I think I am just going to have to do what Vanessa suggested - put some money aside each month. I am considering asking my vet if I can schedule him for 'routine' dentals? The thing that makes them so costly is that pretty much as soon as his teeth bother him - even the tiniest bit - he stops eating, then goes into stasis, then needs all the treatment for that etc. If it was actually only the dental I was paying for, then it would be much less costly. Anyone have any experience of vets doing this?

I will definitely try the grass as well - going to plant up a few big trays for them Thumbs Up
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun May 10, 2015 7:21 pm

Oh sweetie, I don't know what t suggest. Are there any charities which may help you out? I think you should have a word with your vet and explain the situation, which he or she must be very aware of, and see if something can be arranged where you are not worrying all the time. Please keep us informed. Hugs

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Mon May 11, 2015 9:35 pm

Thanks Jo Hugs

I wouldn't feel right asking a charity - at the end of the day, I am making some money and I know there are people out there who, for whatever reason, can't pay for their much-loved pet's veterinary care. I'd much rather the money went to them and they were able to keep their pet.

I've worked it out and I should be able to make it happen. There is always student loan to dip into (although I'm sure that's not what they intended me to use it for!) Laughing My boyfriend is amazing and has offered to lend me any money I need and I can pay him back in installments.

As long as my boy gets the care he needs that's all that matters Very Happy

I will definitely talk to my vet though and see if we can schedule routine dentals for him. It will avoid a lot of stress, money and pain on my end!
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by GreenBean Tue May 12, 2015 9:59 am

Sorry it looks like Mr Mo may have long term dental problems, but I'm glad he's got through this bout so well and that you have a game plan for meeting the costs of further treatments needed. Routine dentals sound like a much better plan as treatment is always so much more straight forward if other problems haven't developed as a result.

I had a guinea pig with dental problems and remember it wasn't cheap!
GreenBean
GreenBean
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2014-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue May 12, 2015 7:37 pm

I can see what you mean Fluffslave love, you are earning money, I sele your point. What a great boyfriend you have, at least you have a couple of options and the little love will get the care he needs. As you say, that is the most important thing.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue May 12, 2015 9:19 pm

Charlie and Daisy have kind of semi routine dentals. I don't pay for an initial consultation or anything like that.... I watch out for the signs - I know its going to be every 8 weeks, and I phone up and book the dental. none the messing about or stasis in between, and I literally only pay for the dental.

With charlie and daisy, they both get slightly wet under the chin (not visibly wet but the fur looks thicker if you know what i mean) Charlie starts to chew like a camel and Daisy takes longer over his nuggies.

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed May 13, 2015 7:38 pm

It is good that you know the signs and what to look for love so you can take the necessary steps. I have Holly's and the Guinea Pigs' teeth and claws checked every 2 months and luckily the nurses do it so it isn't so expensive.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2