Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not good news for Charlie, UD HOME HOMe HOME!!!!!

+21
Sue_pawz
jolovesbunnies
NickieM
Rachel&Nibbler
Happy Hoppers
Sixer
marleyNfriends
gentl
Velvet.Tears
Tuckerbunnies
Big Ears
LilyGrace
fiver
fall3n-ang3l
icedancer
Thumper2001
JoeyBunsMum
SarahJane
Dotdot
Sparky
KatieB
25 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Not good news for Charlie, UD HOME HOMe HOME!!!!! Empty Not good news for Charlie, UD HOME HOMe HOME!!!!!

Post by KatieB Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:01 pm

We are back from seeing Mr C.

Charlies roots have started to break through his jaw on the bottom.

Charlie is on borrowed time.

We have abx, pain killers and he has had some nasty spurs removed so that he can eat.

We have to take him back up to Andover next Saturday.

Im devastated - he is the most wonderful gentle, fun loving, beautiful boy, and he doesnt deserve this.

Im going to look more into the FHB treatment mentioned in an earlier thread.

Im determined to give him the best of everything, the most love a bun could hope for and the best treatment money can buy.

Will post more later but i am in bits right now.

Last edited by Katieb on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:44 pm; edited 6 times in total
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Not good news for Charlie, UD HOME HOMe HOME!!!!! Empty Re: Not good news for Charlie, UD HOME HOMe HOME!!!!!

Post by Sparky Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Oh no, Katie Sad

Poor little fella. I really, really hope they can do an extraction or something for him.

Thanks heavens he ended up with such a lovely Humum like you, and not somebody who might never have noticed.

You must be devastated, I can't do anything other than send you lots of positive thoughts and hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs and Charlie a very gentle little nose-rub.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Not good news for Charlie, UD HOME HOMe HOME!!!!! Empty Re: Not good news for Charlie, UD HOME HOMe HOME!!!!!

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:19 pm

That is bad news indeed. But hopefully the FHB treatment could extend his life hugely. Is Mr C going to contact her about it as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:31 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:That is bad news indeed. But hopefully the FHB treatment could extend his life hugely. Is Mr C going to contact her about it as well?

I havent mentioned it to him as I was just so in shock and in bits when we left, Im going to email him tomorrow with any information I can find.

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dotdot Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:44 pm

Is there nothing they can do Katie?!
I vaguely remember a mention of the FHB treatment but I can't remember why it is.
Hugs for you all Hugs
Dotdot
Dotdot
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahJane Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:48 pm

Oh my god Sad I cant believe it. Poor Charlie.

I am glad he has you Katie because you will give him everything, so he is in the best place I am just sorry this is happening to you.
SarahJane
SarahJane
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6018
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:58 pm

Oh no, Katie Sad Poor little Charlie, I really this treatment will help him. Sending you both hugs Hugs

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:59 pm

Oh Katie, I'm so sorry to read this. Poor Charlie Sad

Fingers crossed that the FHB treatment that has been mentioned will give some hope.

Sending you huge Hugs Hugs Hugs x
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:29 pm

Oh no. Poor Charlie. I am so so sorry

Hugs Hugs
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:38 pm

iam so sorry Katie,hes so lucky to have you,to go to the lengths you are gonna go to,not many people would do that,i really hope they find a way to help him
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:52 pm

im having problems finding any reference docs on the FHB procedure - can anyone help?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:54 pm

Katieb wrote:im having problems finding any reference docs on the FHB procedure - can anyone help?

Id like to see if John thinks this would be an option for him. Clutching at straws Im sure but Im not ready to give up on him.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:08 pm

I think the paper has gone for peer review at present. I am sure Mr C will know of the procedure seeing as it seems to be common knowledge now.

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:14 pm

Yea Im sure he does and to be honest I am happy in his hands as I have every confidence that if there was something that could be done, or should be done he would, I just need to feel like im doing something I guess.

Its in my nature to fight for things and Im not ready to stop fighting for my boy.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:18 pm

Wasn't there a brief thread about it on here somewhere? I'm sure there was but I can't think of a way to go about searching for it! HBWS
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:39 pm

That's what I was thinking of! Thanks Cheryl Very Happy That was bugging my ass!! Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:42 pm

Thumper2001 wrote:That's what I was thinking of! Thanks Cheryl Very Happy That was bugging my ass!! Laughing

If I had know that I'd have worn gloves! Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:46 pm

Thank you ladies x x x x x x x

gonna see if I can persuade Daisy to snuggle with a cuddle with his mummy....dont like my chances though!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:47 pm

maybe you should wear gloves as well! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:50 pm

cheryl'n'bruce'flo wrote:
Thumper2001 wrote:That's what I was thinking of! Thanks Cheryl Very Happy That was bugging my ass!! Laughing

If I had know that I'd have worn gloves! Shocked
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:09 pm

oh god that is terrible Crying or Very sad
i know that all that can be done will be done as you will fight untill it's found
Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:36 pm

Oh Katie, I'm so sorry to hear this, I've only just caught up on it. Fingers crossed for a treatment to be sorted and lots of vibes to you and all your bunsters xxxx
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:38 pm

So sorry to read your latest news. It is devastating when a sweet, gentle soul has something like this to deal with. I really hope the combined forces of JC and FHB can come up with something to make him more comfortable and vastly improve his prognosis.

It breaks my heart sometimes if I watch Shadow fiddling about for ages with his food because of his poor teeth, he's a happy little soul though and knows no different, he is a prime candidate for tooth root trouble too - most likely because his original owners fed muesli only and as he didn't get enough calcium his teeth are loose and crumbly.

At least Charlie has you fighting his corner now, that vastly improves his outlook already.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Oh this has shot me down in flames I'm so upset for you Katie Crying or Very sad

Our vet Honor knows all about this new treatment that Francis H Brown does as she was telling Mike all about it and she was very impressed with it, we had the same problem with Bodkin he had tooth root problems and abscesses and then Osteomyelitis in his jaw, I wished we had the choice of that op then .

Oh I'm sending loads of mega Vibes for Charlie Bless him xxxxxxxxxxxx

Sending you big hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs

I'm afraid I'm going to have to log off as this has really upset me
I just wasn't expecting to hear this .

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next