Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An interesting experience with Molly last night.

+2
c.bolduan
Thumper2001
6 posters

Go down

An interesting experience with Molly last night. Empty An interesting experience with Molly last night.

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:36 pm

She was driving me nuts going at the carpet. So much so that I kicked the pair of them through into the kitchen.

They were pottering about through there for a few hours, with myself and OH coming and going to see if they were ok.

I let them back through near 11 and lay down on the floor with them, Molly about 5 feet away from me. I started talking to her, telling her what a pain she is and how the long term plans were for them to free range in the house but I can't because she's a ****.

As I was talking to her she moved towards me and stopped only a foot or so away from me. She has always been a bunny to look you in the eye when you're talking to her but this was weird!!!! She was poking her head towards me and when I stopped talking she was thumping gently back, all the while not breaking eye contact!

This went on for a little while. I'd talk and she'd sit and listen and when I stopped talking she'd thump gently back.

Not once did she break eye contact with me! I know thumps are usually a warning sign, a sign of fear etc etc but this wasn't like that at all. It felt like we were properly communicating!!

I'm well aware I probably sound stark raving mad but it made me smile Smile
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

An interesting experience with Molly last night. Empty Re: An interesting experience with Molly last night.

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:38 pm

I've just read that back and I do indeed sound mental Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

An interesting experience with Molly last night. Empty Re: An interesting experience with Molly last night.

Post by c.bolduan Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:41 pm

That's interesting. I think she is a heck of a clever bun and "talking" to you. Bubbles thumps each time after I engaged with her. Cuddles, grooming , feeding always one thump after I finished. Just like a statement really.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:34 pm

She KNEW you were remonstrating with her ... but as for real communication? You aren't bright enough to tell us what her answer was. Maybe she was contrite, maybe she was laughing at you ... either way, Molly still wins! Laughing Laughing
Seriously: I used to have similar "talks" with Clawed. I would tell her all manner of things and during the lulls she would make these lovely soft grunts and mumbles and she would often maintain eye contact. I'm sure rabbits are much more inteligent than even we bunny lovers give them credit for. I know Loll, on his last trip to the vets told me that everything was okay, it was time and he was ready to go; he turned to me, made eye contact and sat up with his paws on my chest as the vet and I agreed on the final solution. Something he had never done before.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:05 pm

I think that sounds absoltely amazing.... I have no doubt at all that she was having a chat with you.

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:37 pm

You are not bonkers at all love and I think it is interesting.  She was talking to you in her own bunny way and I am wondering if she will do it again.  I agree Woodwench love, I think bunnies know more than they let on.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:58 am

Hope I can put this link on
http://language.rabbitspeak.com/
I found this quite intriguing and it works!Thumbs UpWave

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by FluffSlave Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:12 am

You're not bonkers - I bet she was talking to you!

Willow and I have had many a 'chat' together, where it absolutely feels like they are listening to what you're saying to them.
FluffSlave
FluffSlave
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7019
Registration date : 2012-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:25 pm

I have bookmarked that for a later read love, I bet it is interesting.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down