Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oakey and Otto continued....

3 posters

Go down

Oakey and Otto continued.... Empty Oakey and Otto continued....

Post by cats444444 Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:13 pm

Hey guys another update and im after some advice on Otto and Oakey Smile Theyve been together 5 days in a small neutral pen in a neutral room and on the whole its going really well, a little chasing and hair pulling but as of yesterday theyve settled into grooming each other and being a lot closer *kisses and everything*.....my problem is that neither seems to be top dog and both keep trying to be. Oakey will lovingly groom otto, then try and hump him which results in him chasing her and hair pulling. Same happen s the other way around to. They cuddle up for 5mins then in the same breath are chasing each other... So i know theyve not had a lot of time yet but my other problem is that with otto being quite young and big hes getting really frustrated with the lack of space (hes a giant conti) hes running in circles, biting the bars, trying to throw the pen) so on one hand im worried they arent bonded enough to move to the next stage and make the pen bigger as they are still squabbling at times but in the other i can feel the mounting frustration of space becoming an issue. ive tried the car ride in a box twice which helped get us to this point im just wondering if its just a case of time or if i should do more. Thanks for any help or advice x

cats444444
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Oakey and Otto continued.... Empty Re: Oakey and Otto continued....

Post by KatieB Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:04 pm

I wish I could help hun, I think if it were me I'd try a bigger space, maybe increasing little by little and see how it goes.

Bunnies !! If only they knew what was best for them!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:17 pm

Me too  love, I wish I knew what to suggest for you.  Yes they are little silly-heads when it comes to knowing what is best for them.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by cats444444 Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:38 pm

Thanks guys Smile im very lucky to be in touch with a bunny bonding expert but i thought id ask here too as i hate to pester her with constant questions lol. Im currently giving them both some out excercise time now then back to bonding pen. Its the first time hes been out really as before he was too nervy and wouldn't ventire out his pen. Being in the lounge amongst us all is seriously doing him the power of good as a side bonus. I've never seen a bunny enjoy being out so much brings a tear to my eye, the binkies are immense and hes not even fully grown yet! oakeys relieved to be out too. ill do this tonight as suggested by the bunny lady and tomorrow maybe add another panel in their cage and see how we go with bonding and excercise on a night. I just really hope this doesn't knock their bonding but he so needs the excercise, thanks all ill try and get some snuggly photos Smile xx

cats444444
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:04 pm

I am so glad he is enjoying himself hun, binkying is always a brilliant testament to that and yes, it is wonderful to behold.  Top up good luck vibes on the way and photos would be great.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down