Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes for Vernon please update after vet visit 29.9

+6
woodwench
Thumper2001
freecycle_rabbit
jolovesbunnies
KatieB
c.bolduan
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Vibes for Vernon please update  after vet visit 29.9 Empty Vibes for Vernon please update after vet visit 29.9

Post by c.bolduan Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:18 pm

I reckon it is pesky teeth. 
My boy has changed eating habits ie eating soft things first, slowly and less then usual.
When checked I found a terrible crunching noise when moving his jaws.
Hence we are booked to see the vet tomorrow evening. If he needs a dental he will go on Tuesday as it is my day off and I would have time to recover him at home. Will  ask to have Bubbles checked too.
He is such a sweetheart just sitting quietly and subdued. I have given him metacam for the last 3 nights to help him a little.
Vibes would be welcome and I will keep you all updated.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Vernon please update  after vet visit 29.9 Empty Re: Vibes for Vernon please update after vet visit 29.9

Post by KatieB Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:28 pm

Oh bless him - blimmin teeth!!

Sending him cuddles and loves and vibes for you both x

Please let us know how he goes x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Vernon please update  after vet visit 29.9 Empty Re: Vibes for Vernon please update after vet visit 29.9

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:28 pm

I am sorry to hear this hun, bunny teeth are a blessed bind.  Lots of healing vibes are on their way.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by freecycle_rabbit Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:11 pm

Oh bless him. Hope all works out well and he feels better soon.

xx
freecycle_rabbit
freecycle_rabbit
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2012-11-16

https://folksy.com/shops/CustomHandmade

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:16 pm

Loads of vibes Hugs

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:28 pm

Any news?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:14 pm

Just back from the vet.
Poor boy they are so big that his jaws can't slide over and needed to be lifted on top of another.
Bubbles got some small ones too. Both bunnies to return there in the morning for dental work.
Tonight's menu all soft veg and fruit and a weetabix each after that Metacam for all.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:27 pm

Good luck for tomorrow hun and lots of love to the bunnies.  Please keep us informed.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:49 pm

Good luck for tomorrow xxx
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:44 pm

All the best for tomorrow.

Keep us posted!
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:58 am

Hope things are okay?! Hugs
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnybuddah Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:44 pm

Sending loving vibes for Vernon and bubbles, hope all goes well at the vets.
bunnybuddah
bunnybuddah
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2014-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:50 pm

Any news ?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:31 pm

How are things honey?

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:11 pm

They are both back and I took the opportunity to Hoover the warren whilst they had their treatment. Bubbles spurs weren't too bad and Vernons haven't caused any tissue issues or injuries.
Vet is happy and said they don't need to come back unless I feel unhappy or concerned. 
They shared a pouch of Ella's baby kitchen(Carrot, Apple, Parsnip) between each other and I have seen Bubbles nibbleing hay. Vernon is hiding I guess it is a sulk.
D'Layla seemed a little subdue today can't find any obvious reason for it and wondered whether she realises mthe Norty pair were out?
Thanks for all vibes and well wishes!

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by BugsBunny Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:47 pm

I am so glad they are okay, I not when I was there on Friday that you where very worried, I loved meeting you and the bunnies and cats. I can tell how much you love them and quite jealous that you get to cuddle them like you do. I wish I could cuddle Arabella properly. She lets me on the floor but not to be picked up and do it.
BugsBunny
BugsBunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2293
Registration date : 2013-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:07 pm

It I took about 9 month after adopting Bubbles to allow me to pick her up. They deffo prefer to be cuddled on the ground.
Only delightful D'Layla liked to be picked up straight away and I guess it is only because she feels supported.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:05 pm

I am so pleased that all is OK sweetie, I love news like this.  I hope Vernon doesn't sulk for long.

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:51 pm

How are they all this evening?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:52 am

Bubbles is fine! Vernon I'm not sure, he is eating but needs lots of encouragement. Strange enough he wants pellets and leaves greens and fruit most unusual for him. Gave some metacam this morning and will see how he is tommorow . If no change I might contact the vet.

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:22 pm

Daisy has this sometimes after a dental - I think that they expect it is going to hurt as they are used to it hurting. I wonder too if sometimes the dental itself can leave them a little sore
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:50 pm

That's right! He had breakfast and lunch and will start off normally then walk away from it goes back a little later . I will give a small dose of metacam over the weekend and see. Also need to protect his food as Bubbles would happily pinch it.NoLaughing

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:40 pm

Oh bless, they do love to pinch each other's food don't they?  More loving and healing vibes are on their way hun.

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:19 pm

Thank you. Hugs
Just tried something that I have seen on FB. Someone used a muffin baking tray put a few treats or pellets in then covered each mule with a plastic ball(cat toy). Gave it to the bunnies and let them fish.
I thought that's brilliant but haven't got a baking tray-yes it's on the shopping list now, so I used egg boxes. With the result.....
Bubbles took the egg box threw it up in the air, all toys and trats scattered around and Vernon must have thought its early Christmas.
D'Layla a little more lady like took the egg box figured out what's what eventually and started digging until all treats where scattered freely to enjoy.albinoROFLalbino
My Bunnies hornestly!

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:17 pm

They sound wonderful love. Laughing

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next