Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Artemis-Athena

+3
KatieB
c.bolduan
freecycle_rabbit
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Artemis-Athena - Page 2 Empty Re: Artemis-Athena

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:19 pm

Holly is a digger too love, she can keep it up for hours, usually on my bed linen LOL!!

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by freecycle_rabbit Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:31 pm

haha! Jo i now have visions of you falling through rabbit holes when you go to bed..just like Alice Smile

Yes, they are quite insistent once they get going. Luckily once i had disturbed her, she didn't go back to it, just sat in a corner of the run flicking her feet as she had nasty dirty mud on them! Typical girly girl lol.

i have stuck a brick in the bit she had dug, it only goes in a few inches, but she had real dig going where she was not only pulling the mud out by digging but turning round to push it away. The soil is very heavy and clay like here and i think it was when she stopped she realised how sticky her paws had got!

Hopefully she wont go too far tomorrow, The last thing i want is her disappearing down a hole and refusing to come out when its bedtime!

freecycle_rabbit
freecycle_rabbit
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2012-11-16

https://folksy.com/shops/CustomHandmade

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:21 pm

Does were born to dig!
I had a mother-daughter pair who loved digging, they took it in turns and I had to admire their technique. Toffee always leant to the right with her digging and daughter toffee to left. I just left them to it, the hole ... nay, burrow ... was in the middle of an eighteen foot square pen so it was unlikely they would dig themselves out, and they were digging downwards as well.
I found out the size of that burrow when the buck of the trio, Mr Toast O'Riley went down it and wouldn't come out..... I gently lowered my clothes prop down and it eventually touched him, just over twelve feet down.
At another dig Riley ventured in and got stuck (he was a portly cross bred French lop). I had to dig him out.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:53 pm

Oh Woodwench love, that doesn't sound like fun, twelve feet?  My goodness!  I know that does are better diggers than the bucks. Someone once told me that the does will survive in the wild for longer because they will dig a decent sized burrow whilst the bucks are lazy and don't.  I do not know how true it is and it was a long time ago.  Your mother bun was probably teaching her daughter. Ha ha I love that, admiring each others handiwork LOL!!

Hugs
JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by c.bolduan Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:22 pm

Give her a distraction. Bubbles got a gigging tray with soil, brakes, and all,sorts in it she has never vntiomd out of the warren though the door is opened. Happy girl

c.bolduan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3124
Registration date : 2013-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by freecycle_rabbit Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:41 pm

I have had buns working together on a dig before, taking it in turns to dig out or push the earth away or one rests while the other digs, then they swap over.

Yes, our run is pretty big, im hopeless at sizes but its big - im a bit like a bird when it comes to maths and figures, one or more than one... . not particularly worried about her digging out as long as she stays in the middle it is more the getting 'lost' down there and not coming back in at night i worry about.

So far, i have stopped her by a stern voice saying Athena what are you doing? she then looks round and goes off to do something else... Dillon just sits there doing nothing, completely oblivious to it all. I've told him he should look after her more and watch what she is up to!
freecycle_rabbit
freecycle_rabbit
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 396
Registration date : 2012-11-16

https://folksy.com/shops/CustomHandmade

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Mon Dec 07, 2015 8:05 pm

I bet that is so cute to watch love, the way they take it in turns. Yes, I can imagine your being afraid of them digging and getting lost. I am hopeless with sizes and figures too, I can barely add up. You are right to tell him love, he should warn her of the dangers LOL!!

Hugs
Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down