Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do I need to start hecs on the mature food?

5 posters

Go down

Do I need to start hecs on the mature food? Empty Do I need to start hecs on the mature food?

Post by Zo Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:17 pm

He's 4 today, I'm just wondering if I should be buying him the mature food now?
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

Do I need to start hecs on the mature food? Empty Re: Do I need to start hecs on the mature food?

Post by Thumper2001 Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:41 pm

I would say no. My two are also 4 and I'm not planning on switching over any time soon. They're still like a pair of spring chickens Laughing

I didn't start Thumper on it until she was much older than 4.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

Do I need to start hecs on the mature food? Empty Re: Do I need to start hecs on the mature food?

Post by Zo Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:40 pm

That's what i was thinking, he's still really active and i don't want him to lose weight!!
Zo
Zo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1329
Registration date : 2012-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by iiisecondcreep Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:42 pm

MJ and Philip are on mature food, but thats because I'd started T (and therefore also MJ) on it. She was 9. Philip and MJ are 5-6.

iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:02 am

I've had Henry on SS4+ since he turned four but I did so because I thought about the longevity and size thing (bigger buns don't live as long as small). Henners is medium to large and as he was a rescue with previous diet unknown I weaned him onto SS4+.
Now, with his appetite not what it was because of his heart condition, he rarely eats a quarter of his old daily nugget allowance but he does eat about 1 and 1/2 scoops of Protexin-Profibre and plenty of wild forage (I dread what he will do when the forage is gone and it's getting poorer everyday).
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:10 pm

I havent moved Daisy onto mature food (he's 8 now) as I feel like hes doing well as he is. Hes not a kit by any stretch but he is happy and still binks like a loon!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down