Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It’s Molly and Junior’s gotcha day today.

3 posters

Go down

It’s Molly and Junior’s gotcha day today. Empty It’s Molly and Junior’s gotcha day today.

Post by Thumper2001 Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:13 pm

9 years!!!

My timehop is flooded with pics and videos of their arrival Crying or Very sad I miss my boy so much.

Molly isn’t doing so good either. Had her at the vet on Monday. Her back left leg is giving up on her. She is barely using it and due to this, muscle wastage is becoming an issue. She’s got loxicom and on one hand I don’t think it’s doing much because she’s still dragging it but on the other she actually horsed through to the living room with us last night and binkied around, the best she could.

I can up it to twice a day. I’ll give it a few more days before I decide on that. Junior was so vacant at times on it. But I do wonder if that was just him because she seems ok so far.

The vet said if we can’t get her back on her feet with the double doze it likely isn’t fair to keep her going. The sensible side of me can see that. If she’s dragging her hind around she’s going to start getting sore skin. The other side of me can’t think about it.

So happy gotcha day Molly and Junior Sad
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

It’s Molly and Junior’s gotcha day today. Empty Re: It’s Molly and Junior’s gotcha day today.

Post by iiisecondcreep Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:19 pm

Hugs

Philip is on loxicom twice a day and he's been fine on it (MJ was too), hopefully if you decide to go for it you'll see an improvement in Molly x
iiisecondcreep
iiisecondcreep
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1595
Registration date : 2011-07-20

Back to top Go down

It’s Molly and Junior’s gotcha day today. Empty Re: It’s Molly and Junior’s gotcha day today.

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:43 pm

It dawned on me after I posted Junior was on metacam, not loxicom.
Wonder why they’ve given them different ones scratch scratch
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:35 pm

I always thought Loxicom and Metacam were the same thing produced by different companies.
I do hope Molly responds and recovers. The binkies sound positive and points to a reduction in the pain; so maybe it's muscle wastage that's holding her back. Trailing the leg may have become a habit. Have you tried any physio type exercises to build it up?
Is she toileting OK and feeding OK?

Come on Molly.... we need you!
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:49 pm

Oh maybe you’re right!
She’s been through again tonight. She must be feeling better before she’s started wandering through?! Habit wouldn’t surprise me! I don’t think the kitchen floor helps either so I’m getting a bit of carpet for her at the weekend. She does have blankets down but I don’t think they’re much good.
I was thinking about physio but haven’t looked into it yet. I will tho Thumbs Up
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:10 pm

I’ve just stumbled on a post on fb saying there’s a national shortage of metacam. Vets can’t get it.
Debate ongoing whether it’s brexit or Covids fault Laughing
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by woodwench Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:32 pm

Metacam could be in short supply due to folk being home with their animals more and so becoming more aware of what's going on with them and seeking Vet advice.... then, not able to do all they would have done under normal conditions the vet prescribes metacam pain relief more readily. More prescribed so supplies dwindle.  
Only a thought.

I'd say use double sided tape to secure carpet if she is showing desire to binky. It will hold the carpet firm so she doesn't skid around and it will help her confidence when running on it. I found that with Clawed and with Lil Loll.
woodwench
woodwench
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4219
Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down