Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appetite changes

3 posters

Go down

Appetite changes Empty Appetite changes

Post by Jay Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:21 pm

Wave
Since about June time, Bertie's appetite has gone through the roof, and he seems to need more food, more regularly. At first I put this down to a heavy and sustained Moult, which has only just finished, but since my concerns a while ago about him getting a bit bigger, we've cut down on his dried food, increased veggies and he always like plenty of hay.
He seems to nag us for more food, after an hour of eating his brekky/dinner, and gets really snappy when we go to give him one or 2 SS pellets as a night snack.
It's been 3-4 months since we reduced his solid intake, I thought he'd have adjusted by now, he looks better, but is there anything else that may be causing this constant need for more?
Thanks Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Appetite changes Empty Re: Appetite changes

Post by Guest Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:32 pm

I have yet to meet a Bunny who does not pester for food !!

How do you serve his pellet feed? If he eats from a bowl then he'll finish it quickly. A treatball would mean he'd have to work for his food and he would not be able to finish it so quickly.

As long as he does not have 'unexplained' weightloss, is pooing and weeing as normal and is not drinking excessively then I think his demands for food are more 'behavioural' than physiological in origin.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:30 pm

Phew, thanks Jane Smile He does have a treatball, which he gets once a.m., his p.m. food is in a bowl and he eats with us. Everything else is normal, so I think he's just being a cheeky chappie Laughing
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:39 pm

Bless Bertie, Hes just a fatty like Rhia Laughing
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:19 am

Jay wrote:he eats with us.

AWWW :luv: does he have his own place mat and special chair at the table?

If it makes you feel better whenever I go in the rabbit room they always come right up to the cage and hop around over each other like I'm going to feed them. They are never satisfied!
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:02 am

Becki wrote:Bless Bertie, Hes just a fatty like Rhia Laughing
Laughing Rhia's gorgeous, and Bertie would be a complete fatty if he had his way Laughing
buddabun wrote:
Jay wrote:he eats with us.

AWWW :luv: does he have his own place mat and special chair at the table?

If it makes you feel better whenever I go in the rabbit room they always come right up to the cage and hop around over each other like I'm going to feed them. They are never satisfied!

Laughing He does, we don't have a table though, we eat from big bowls on the floor, and he does have a space and he always always comes to eat with us, even if he's already eaten, and we're late, he'll do it. One of my fave Bertie moments was last Christmas, we had around 20 of my Yoga people over for supper, all sat in a circle eating and Bertie sat in with us and had supper :luv: He's too hooman for his own good Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down