Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunnies being naughty!

+2
Catsknickers
Babybunnies4
6 posters

Go down

Bunnies being naughty! Empty Bunnies being naughty!

Post by Babybunnies4 Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:56 am

Dumpling (girl), Treacle (girl) and Dusty (boy) have been a 3 since 2nd June (Dumpling and Treacle as original pair) everything fine, then wednesday morning when I let them out for a run Dumpling and Treacle started circling each other and pulling fur. I shouted and they stopped, only to start again about 10 mins later, I shouted again and again they stopped. (Dusty kept well out the way).
No fur in the hutch or run yesterday or today although they *seemed* to be keeping out of each others way.
This morning they were squaring up to each other then one of them would just hop off so nothing broke out.
Do you think now, after a month they are squabbling about who is boss? (the pair had been together over a year).

I honestly wish I had never tried bonding them all in the first place as all I've had is trouble Rolling Eyes ah for hindsight Laughing

Last edited by Babybunnies4 on Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Not sure if this is in the right place, please move if not.)
Babybunnies4
Babybunnies4
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Bunnies being naughty! Empty Re: Bunnies being naughty!

Post by Catsknickers Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:03 am

Now Buddabun is your best bet here, however I believe it took her trio a while to settle down and there was alot of argy bargy and weeing on each other....
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:15 pm

This could actually be linked in someway to the weather believe it or not, even in neutered rabbits they still show responses to a change in seasons.

My advice would be to give them a time out in a carrier if they are getting a bit bothered by each other. It stops them from squaring up by not giving them enough room to show dominant posturing and usually results in them snuggling together in bewilderment. A time out of 15 monutes is usually adequate.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Babybunnies4 Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:40 pm

Thanks!
It only seems to happen when they have free rane of my garden area, not when in their hutch/run but will try out the carrier if they start again. Wave
Babybunnies4
Babybunnies4
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Faunus Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:55 pm

It took our 4 a while to settle even though the initial bond went really well. I would keep an eye on them and reduce their area if the chasing starts when they free range gradually increasing the area if you can. It can be a hard habit to break once a buns starts to run when another approaches.
Faunus
Faunus
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.bmdshare.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckyLH Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:20 am

I feel for you with this one, about 10 minutes ago I heard a loud noise from the spare room and went in to find Lene and Bee fighting! Their bond has never been as strong as Martha and Walt's but they've been fine up to now, I was really surprised but I'm not going to separate them, they seem fine right now, back to normal really, but I'll just keep an eye on them. Silly bunnies! Very Happy
BeckyLH
BeckyLH
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Lou and the Buns Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:19 pm

I added a girl to my bonded boy/girl pair....I took ages for them to settle down and was very stresful for us all! They have been together about a year now and last week was the first time I have seen Sweetpea groom Poppy or Gus.

With hindsight I may not have done it, but they are happy now, although Poppy will still chase Sweetpea sometimes Rolling Eyes

I took about 5 months for the chasing to calm down, I nearly seperated them at one point as it was getting so bad. But I took them away for the weeknd and kept them in the dog crate for two weeks which seemed to help.
Lou and the Buns
Lou and the Buns
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by BeckyLH Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:03 pm

I've decided to keep my two pairs separate for now, I'd rather have two happy(ish in the case of Lene and Bee) pairs than four stressed out buns x x
BeckyLH
BeckyLH
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down