Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rocky has had to be hospitalised U/Dated again Weeeeeeee!!:)

+7
Julia123
Karina
Catsknickers
Happy Hoppers
Chocolicious
buddabun
Boblets
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rocky has had to be hospitalised U/Dated again Weeeeeeee!!:) Empty Rocky has had to be hospitalised U/Dated again Weeeeeeee!!:)

Post by Boblets Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:41 am

Rocky has had to be hospitalised as his guts are so impacted, I thought he was eating and now she tells me he was pretending. I feel like a terrible Bunny mummy. I am in shock just now I don't know what to say. I don't think his chances are good unless he responds well, she said it is a huge blockage Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Boblets on Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Boblets
Boblets
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1096
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Rocky has had to be hospitalised U/Dated again Weeeeeeee!!:) Empty Re: Rocky has had to be hospitalised U/Dated again Weeeeeeee!!:)

Post by buddabun Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:55 am

oh no poor rocky. come on little man, vibes heading your way

stay positive hun.
HUGS
xxx
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Rocky has had to be hospitalised U/Dated again Weeeeeeee!!:) Empty Re: Rocky has had to be hospitalised U/Dated again Weeeeeeee!!:)

Post by Boblets Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:15 pm

Ooooh Rocky. I cannot stop thinking about him, desperately hoping the phone will ring. Its only been about an hour or something since I got to the vets already I want news!! Shocked
Boblets
Boblets
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:17 pm

try to think of something else. keep yourself busy

they will call eventually.

thinking of you hon Sad
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Chocolicious Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:55 pm

sending lots of <<<<<<<vibes>>>>>>

Chocolicious
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:16 pm

Oh I'm so sorry, I didn't even know Rocky was ill Sad how long has he been off his food for?
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:17 pm

she's gone out briefly... let's hope there's a message waiting when she gets home

*fingers crossed*
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Boblets Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:34 pm

He didnt seem to be off his food thats the thing Sooz Sad I just don't understand Crying or Very sad
Boblets
Boblets
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:36 pm

Did the vet's feel a blockage in his tummy or did they do x-rays to check? He's in the best place though, sending (((vibes))) for you both.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Boblets Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:40 pm

She felt it, I wish I thought to check but its not something I think of, I feel like such bad person Sad and I have to say its only really this morning that I noticed there was more food in the food bowl then is normal. I don't know how long he has had this I thought he was just sleepy last night I would do anything to have given him some critical care last night. I feel awful.

I have so far not heard anything from the vet and am just hoping that he will respond well to medication. There was no noise from his guts and he was cold when I left him, she told me the one thing he has going for him is that he has a good steady unaffected heartbeat!
Boblets
Boblets
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:42 pm

come on rockstar you can do it!

don't beat yourself up over it, nothing you can do now and hindsight is such a wonderful thing.

Thinking of you hon... wishing they would call
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:44 pm

Hun if he had a bloackage last night and you force fed him it would have made matters much worse as his gut would have backed up and impacted further.

What he needs is lots and lots of fluids and some painrelief.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Boblets Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:47 pm

I just don't know what to do about him, he is such a special and funny Bunny, its all strange without him here I wish there was something I could have done. Could this size an impactation of happened overnight??
Boblets
Boblets
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:48 pm

Lots of vibes my darling. Come on Rocky xxxx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Karina Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:53 pm

Awww no Lucinda I'm so sorry, I have only just seen this. Vibes for Rocky.
Karina
Karina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:25 pm

Oh no I have only just seen this. I am sorry he is so poorly Sad
I hope he responds well to treatment and I am keeping everything crossed that he'll be OK.

Janex

Back to top Go down

Post by Boblets Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:12 pm

I still havet heard anything... I am stressing out Crying or Very sad
Boblets
Boblets
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Karina Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:13 pm

Can you phone them for an update?
Karina
Karina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

Post by Julia123 Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:19 pm

Vibes for Rocky hope he's ok x
Julia123
Julia123
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Faunus Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:32 pm

Sending lots of vibes - hope is OK.
Faunus
Faunus
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 553

http://www.bmdshare.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Boblets Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:36 pm

Cannot phone as the vets is actually shut I cannot contact them I will just get an answer machine. But why has it been 5 hours!! Sad
Boblets
Boblets
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:20 pm

Boblets wrote:Cannot phone as the vets is actually shut I cannot contact them I will just get an answer machine. But why has it been 5 hours!! Sad

I always try to think no news is good news. I am sure if there had been a serious deterioration they would have phoned.
Sending get well vibes for him.

Janex

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunbuns Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:09 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Rocky Crying or Very sad

Sending vibes and i hope you hear some good news very soon. xxx
Bunbuns
Bunbuns
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 877

Back to top Go down

Post by Boblets Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:05 pm

I have still heard nothing... 8hours... And nothing!!! Shocked I think I may be going a little crazy now!!
Boblets
Boblets
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Boblets Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:49 pm

Well finally a LITTLE bit of news, she called to tell me there has been the tiniest of improvement in that he has finally moved about a little, no gut movement as of yet and no signs of it moving in the near future, she thinks he has just literally been having water pass right through him, not getting any goodness out of the water, so his poop is ll dry in his guts!! My poor baby he is getting fluids, fibre in his water and also gut stimulants I think every 2 hours or so, he is too small to put an intravenous on but I am hoping for some sign of improvement come Monday morning. But with it being an impactation she said it might take longer... So please massive gut movement vibes!!!
Boblets
Boblets
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next