Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

could doe give birth in 2 stages? *updated with pics babies*

+2
Happy Hoppers
oracle2627
6 posters

Go down

could doe give birth in 2 stages? *updated with pics babies* Empty could doe give birth in 2 stages? *updated with pics babies*

Post by oracle2627 Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:13 pm

Hi my lovely continental giant gave birth to 3 babies last night although i was a little surprised it was only 3 as before she had then on feeling her tummy i was convinced she was going to have quite a few. I don't want to feel her tummy at the moment as i'm sure she'd rather be left alone and she seems healthy enough today but would it be possible for her to have some more tonight? she was only put with our male conti on one day and hasn't been with him since, just wondering if its possible for labour to start then stop then start again. hope someone can help. Thanks.

Last edited by oracle2627 on Fri May 08, 2009 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total

oracle2627
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Back to top Go down

could doe give birth in 2 stages? *updated with pics babies* Empty Re: could doe give birth in 2 stages? *updated with pics babies*

Post by Happy Hoppers Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:54 pm

Generally does will birth all kits in one sitting unless there is a kit trapped inside which cannot emerge naturally and you would expect to still be witnessing some signs of labour or discomfort if this were the case.

I have only dealt with 2 kindling does in my time but both had litters of just 3 kits (and none were stillborn).
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

could doe give birth in 2 stages? *updated with pics babies* Empty Re: could doe give birth in 2 stages? *updated with pics babies*

Post by oracle2627 Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:41 am

No more babies last night and mother and babies are all doing well so 3 it is! they are chunky little babies so i'm sure shes glad it was just the 3 thiis must have been what made me think there was more.
thankyou for you reply Very Happy

oracle2627
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue May 05, 2009 9:29 pm

How are they doing?
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by oracle2627 Wed May 06, 2009 7:45 am

They are all doing great! eyes open and starting to hop around now, shes an excellent mum. They will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. All going to be very big by the looks of it.

oracle2627
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lopz Wed May 06, 2009 12:19 pm

Pictures!!! We are desperate!!! Very Happy
lopz
lopz
Banned

Number of posts : 999
Registration date : 2009-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Wed May 06, 2009 12:24 pm

Yes, would love to see pictures when you are able
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by oracle2627 Wed May 06, 2009 3:57 pm

I will try and get some pictures on here tomorrow for you, i'm sure you'll agree they are very cute.

oracle2627
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Wed May 06, 2009 8:30 pm

can't wait to see pics
jan
jan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by oracle2627 Fri May 08, 2009 7:45 am

[img]could doe give birth in 2 stages? *updated with pics babies* Pic00314[/img]

Hopefully this has worked, this is the 3 baby continental giants at 2 weeks 1 day, all blue.

oracle2627
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Fri May 08, 2009 7:51 am

Aw they are all beautiful. Do you have homes for them already?
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by oracle2627 Fri May 08, 2009 8:41 am

Haven't found homes for them yet but will be starting to advertise next week, as blue is still pretty rare but very popular i shouldn't have any problem finding them nice loving homes Smile Not sure if they are boys or girls yet can't wait to find out hopefully next week.

oracle2627
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Fri May 08, 2009 11:49 am

I'd love a blue conti (infact I just love the blue colouring in general). Will you be homechecking for them and giving out information sheets th the new owners....I find this is the best way to guarantee they get a good home. Smile
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oracle2627 Fri May 08, 2009 1:49 pm

I will be giving out all the information needed with them, they'll come with a large bag of their food and any toys they have taken a liking to at the time, homechecking will only be possible if people are local to me (i had to travel 200 miles to get one of my blues as they are hard to come by) but i will definitely look to getting to know all new owners of the babies with a view to hopefully keeping in touch so they have on going advice. i would only consider letting babies go to homes i think will be good for them and permanant. Smile

oracle2627
New Hopper
New Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Fri May 08, 2009 1:53 pm

That's good to know, I wish everyone took such a pro-active approach when rehoming their litters. Very Happy
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down