Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your life before the bun(s) arrived...

+8
bunlover
buddabun
Dan
Sixer
senatorvass
proudmummy
rallybunny
Jay
12 posters

Go down

Your life before the bun(s) arrived... Empty Your life before the bun(s) arrived...

Post by Jay Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:25 pm

I only have one, but I can't really remember what it was like before he got here. I was looking through some old photos yesterday, and my flat looked very different: the balcony was full of plants and flowers, now it's tubs of grass, the wires were all free and hanging out, the straw waste bins were in tact, so were the corners of the skirting, the sofa was in tact, not chewed, the two occassinal table thingy's didn't have their corners chewed, our spare bedroom was a lovely room with plants, and a carpet, and now it looks loke a hay factory, with most things in there ripped to shreds, and the carpet has gone Shocked
The books in my bookshelf were all in tact and now they are all spineless, the coffetable and magazines are have all been snacked on, the rubber seal on the balcony door has gone, my rubber Yoga mat that I've had for 10 years is hanging together by a few strands of rubber, all our electricals in the front room have wires that they weren't issued with and some are beyond repair, most of my clothes have holes in them, and I seem to have started off a new fashion here in Southampton as I noticed a few of people with similar holes today - it's taken a lot of years and the help of a bunny, but it seems that I am now a fashion Icon Laughing

As well as the physically destructive elements to house bunny caring, the comfort, joy, and love is worth more than any of it, and I can honestly say that I wouldn't change a thing Very Happy I've never been so bowled over by another living thing sice I met Paul, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it all again - Next time though, I may well adopt an adult, and avoid the teenage crazy bun stage!
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Your life before the bun(s) arrived... Empty Re: Your life before the bun(s) arrived...

Post by rallybunny Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:46 pm

Jay wrote:
As well as the physically destructive elements to house bunny caring, the comfort, joy, and love is worth more than any of it, and I can honestly say that I wouldn't change a thing Very Happy

Agree with this 100%. Smile Even now, all Evo's chew marks all over the house still make me smile - certainly a lasting reminder of him. Laughing
rallybunny
rallybunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 859
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Your life before the bun(s) arrived... Empty Re: Your life before the bun(s) arrived...

Post by proudmummy Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:32 pm

Aww that pic of Evo always makes me smile - he looks sooooo cute laying there all chilled <hugs>

My carpets were in better condition before Johns arrived tee hee as during the first couple of months, he did like to wee and leave a mark. But I can't imagine life without Johns now .. he is more like my buns than Maddie's although she goes mad if I say that! She says she is his big sister. He is my little companion when she is at school and I talk to him all the time - am I mad?! I know he hasn't got a clue what I am on about but it is just nice to have this little furry friend Smile

He makes me smile, he makes me laugh and it is quite comforting to have him around. I love that he makes Maddie smile and that she loves having her own pet. He seems to be getting more used to us stroking him now which is great. Indeed he likes to play around our feet.

The end of my front room with his litter tray, mats, tunnel and twigs does look like we might be housing an exotic creature like an iguana or something but it is just for our very own buns .... disapproving one that he is!
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by senatorvass Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:42 pm

Jay your post made me laugh, the list of destruction is so impressive!!!

Well when mine were house buns it was a nightmare and I was heading in Jay's direction and didnt want to go there (sorry Jay, I love you to bits and admire you but not for me, I like furniture in one piece!)

Now that they are in the Palais de Bun in the garden I am soooooooo much happier. And most importantly Matthew is no longer considering giving up being a veggie for 18 years just out of frustration at the rabs!

senatorvass
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1794
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sixer Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:15 am

Laughing Brilliant Jay.

We have a similarly trashed conservatory - the grey carpet is now two tone - bunny wee spray marks everywhere and a few holes for variety! The chairs have all been chewed and the door is now minus it's seal.

As for outside, hay rules the day! The recycling bin is full of poops and discarded hay and bunny houses and runs abound.

I wouldn't change anything - although I do miss being able to go away, even for a night, without a military operation to get the bunnies looked after.
Sixer
Sixer
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5762
Registration date : 2008-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:00 am

Great thread, Well i can really remember life befor bun's as i was never alowed a pet like that we had cat's but to be honest i dont think i would of had the time to look after it proper and my mum would have had to do it all like she dose now for my brother (who wants to be a vet FINGERS CROSSED) So when i got my first rabit i was 19 and had moved out and there was only me to look after him and i was mature enouth to understand it needs looking after. My first rabbit billy was our baby and a house rabbit chocolate drops every where and eaten books torn carpet and sofa but who cares he was happy. Sadly we lost him last year 2 days befor our wedding Crying or Very sad on the operating table but we had his baby dust to look after then. Ow and of course poppy and Jake but they were outside so when it came to trying to house train dusty we would alway compair him to billy who was great and we couldant under stand why dusty was such a handfull but then we thought back and billy was when a baby but had just blanked it all out and just remembered all the good times. Sorry i know iv gone on a bit off the storry i should start a thread MY LIFE WITH RABBITS Laughing Laughing

Dan.

Dan
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:35 am

Love it Jay. I'm with you though. I suppose it's like having kids - your house might be tidier and your clothes more trendy, but who'd change it?

I miss having bunnies Sad
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bunlover Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:50 pm

hmm well the house never had hay all over the floor and i didnt have to hoover so much!!! lol our under stairs area was for storage only...not an additional bunny space Laughing the garden had to be mowed what a chore!!! i wouldnt ever chage from having them i think buns are the best... tho i dont have any plants out back and my herb garden never grows more than an inch!!!! lol

bunlover
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue May 05, 2009 9:20 pm

I had a life, full stop! Laughing
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Tue May 05, 2009 9:25 pm

Well tonight, for the first time in about 8 months, I have two free ranging house bunnies again.

I'll start listing the destruction tomorrow. Wink Laughing
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Tue May 05, 2009 9:48 pm

I even chat to my boss about my buns without being embarrassed now! My work colleague laughs about this, but my aim in life is to make her care!!! He He. She says Gloria looks like a Shitsu's **** and has been known to cough this at me when I mention Gloria's name! Ratbag.

I would have more money, time but not as much fun! and I would never have met all you lovely, and equally mad, people. xx
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Tue May 05, 2009 10:10 pm

Right we've had our first catastrophe already, Mack, in hot pursuit of a cat, has just knocked Phil's tea flying as he reached for the mug. Everyone is OK bar my poor carpet that I cleaned today. Hissy
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Tue May 05, 2009 10:27 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm my life before Fudge......where do I start?

My dining room had wallpaper without missing patches where my loving small bunster has chewed it away!

I had carpet that actualy reached to the skirting board without frayed edges or evidence of digging-which is the latest phase of bunny behaviour.

I actually had a dining room rather a bunny playroom that happens to be home to the table and chairs!

On a brighter side I now have a house that is full of love, I have someone there for me unconditionally...well mmmm perhaps maybe not quite as I soon know about it when breakfast is late, or his stuff is in the wrong place...or he wants to the contents of the bookcase.....need i go on....

there is some stuff to put but will add that later or via email direct to Jay x Hugs Hugs
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue May 05, 2009 10:31 pm

FudgesMummy wrote:there is some stuff to put but will add that later or via email direct to Jay x Hugs Hugs

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Suspect Suspect
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Tue May 05, 2009 10:49 pm

I think I may have found the wordies and sorry if they offend anyone....I'm speaking from my heart and really do mean what I type...

fudge is more than my just my bunny....he is my reason to be.......i was severly depressed and struggling to cope when he picked me to be his mummy, before seeing this little bundle of fluff I hadn't even considered being a bunny mummy....we were a partnership that was meant to be....

without fudge i cant imagine what would have happened the 18months or so....he gives me a reason to get out the duvet...... Hugs Love Hugs Love Hugs

He picked me and he obviously picked me for a reason x x
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue May 05, 2009 10:51 pm

FudgesMummy wrote:I think I may have found the wordies and sorry if they offend anyone....I'm speaking from my heart and really do mean what I type...

fudge is more than my just my bunny....he is my reason to be.......i was severly depressed and struggling to cope when he picked me to be his mummy, before seeing this little bundle of fluff I hadn't even considered being a bunny mummy....we were a partnership that was meant to be....

without fudge i cant imagine what would have happened the 18months or so....he gives me a reason to get out the duvet...... Hugs Love Hugs Love Hugs

He picked me and he obviously picked me for a reason x x

They certainly don't offend me and I can't imagine they would offend anyone, I fully understand what you are saying
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Wed May 06, 2009 11:38 am

Sooz, that's not a bad start! Kelly, that's just lovely! Thanks for sharing your stories, we do love them eh Love Laughing Wouldn't put up with it else Wink
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down