Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bunnies and Stress

3 posters

Go down

Bunnies and Stress Empty Bunnies and Stress

Post by DixieLuBun Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:02 am

Yes the title says it all, I've not been posting on HH for a while however do pop in for a look now and then purely due the fact that I have been so busy. My own bunster Lupin has put me through the mill and still is, he stopped eating and his genetals were so swollen they looked four times as big, he went straight to the vets and put on meds for all sorts. To be honist I was that numb I didn't remember what day I was on. In three days he lost so much weight that the Vet gave me some Recovery to seringe feed him just so we get him with something. After a week he started to poop even though only small and very hard with string hair running through I thought great next step eating. No Lupin started to nibble on greens I moved the run and attached it to his hutch so he had access to grass at all times.

I have been so stressed out with him and just want him to put on the weight and get better. I am sure bunnies are in tag teams that is when you think great thats it something else comes along to put you back on high alert and stressed again. HBWS I have been very lucky in the fact I have Charlotte near by and bless her when I told her about Lupin she came to my aid even after everything she has been going through. I can't thank Charlotte enough just for being there for me through Bob and his leg and now Lupin.
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Bunnies and Stress Empty Re: Bunnies and Stress

Post by Jay Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:17 am

I'm sorry to hear about Lupin Dawn, sounds like you've had a really tough time, I was thinking that we'd not seen you for a while.
Tracy's Rory has dramatically lost weight too.

Charlotte is a star, I'm glad she's near, and I hope Lupin gets hungry soon, he's my fave other Harlequin Love

Have you tried him on soaked oats?
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by DixieLuBun Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:51 am

Thank you Jay no I havent I have to go shopping after work this afternoon so will get some in and try him. I do need him to start eating on his own my gray hairs can't cope.
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 638
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:22 pm

are you still syringe feeding him? You could give him more?
When i was feeding Bertie, I used a combo of recovery and mashed up SS and oxbow pellets, but then he wasn't loosing weight.
what was the thing with his genitals? That sounds horrible Sad
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:09 pm

Oh my goodness, I haven't done anything, you are there for me more than enough times with my dramas xxx hugs to Lupin xxx
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down