Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I walked into the Texas Chainsaw Massacre this morning.

+13
Bunbuns
Thea Bobbin Roo
Faunus
Siona
Karina
bunnymadhouse
Jay
Babybunnies4
Catsknickers
Rice
Laura
Kirsty&Lola
Happy Hoppers
17 posters

Go down

So I walked into the Texas Chainsaw Massacre this morning. Empty So I walked into the Texas Chainsaw Massacre this morning.

Post by Happy Hoppers Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:16 pm

The first thing I do when i get up is go into the spare room to get Juno her 10 pellets and feed Lex & Mack and the first thing I saw this morning when I opened their door was blood. Everywhere. pale

If two happy bunnies hadn't run towards me and started circlng my feet for food I probably would have fainted on the spot, it was over the duvet, all up the side of the bed, all over the carpet, on top of the cage, on the wall, on the food bowl....absolutely everywhere. Not to mention the fact that the two bunsters should have been locked in their crate and the door was still shut and bolted.

I checked them both over for cuts and scrapes, nothing at all confused so I called work, explained I needed to find out where it had come from and then began mentally berating myself that Lexie might have VHD pale (she hasn't been vaccinated as we cannot get her Pasteurella under control).

In the end I narrowed it down to Macks claw, the little ****** had pulled one out at the quick Mad, probably during their great escape. I still have no idea how they got out and my spare room looks like a murder scene.

Any tips for getting blood out of carpets? Hmmm
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

So I walked into the Texas Chainsaw Massacre this morning. Empty Re: So I walked into the Texas Chainsaw Massacre this morning.

Post by Kirsty&Lola Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:33 pm

Shocked you must have been so scared. i'm glad nobun is seriously hurt...i have no cleaning tips i'm afraid other than vanish spray
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

So I walked into the Texas Chainsaw Massacre this morning. Empty Re: So I walked into the Texas Chainsaw Massacre this morning.

Post by Laura Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:46 pm

i *think* you're supposed to use cold water as hot 'sets' the stain. biological washing powder is good for bllod, it breaks down the enzymes for easier removal.

ouch to Macks' claw! that must hurt!

do claws grow back when pulled from the root?

ooh, it's making me feel funny thinking about it!
Laura
Laura
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2356
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Rice Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:00 pm

Oh my gosh, what an awful scene to walk in on Shocked How is Mack doing with his ripped out claw?
Rice
Rice
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2718

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:33 pm

OMG Sooz.... I think I would have fainted
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Babybunnies4 Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:18 am

I wouldn't have liked to see that! Especially not first thing in the morning!
Hope his foot will be ok, have you found the claw yet?
Babybunnies4
Babybunnies4
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:50 am

OMG how awful, poor mite.
Dampen the bloody bits with cold water and then rub salt into it. The salt lifts the colour. It may already be dried in though, but it's worth a try. White wine will also help.

Hope Mack'll be OK
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnymadhouse Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:43 am

pale pale pale Shocked

yuk ...

have you stopped shaking yet Shocked

bunnymadhouse
Rescuer

Number of posts : 495
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Karina Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:45 am

Shocked

I think I would have fainted
Karina
Karina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

Post by Siona Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:08 pm

*ick* how scary! glad noone's too hurt. Colin pulled his claw out last year, and it grew back after a while. He's a cat though, not sure about buns.

Siona
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 94

Back to top Go down

Post by Faunus Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:29 pm

Not the best start to a day, pale but at least they are both OK. Sounds like he had loads of fun once he had escaped though Laughing Laughing Laughing
Faunus
Faunus
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 553

http://www.bmdshare.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thea Bobbin Roo Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:46 am

I'm not surprised the first time you looked you didn't find a scratch on them, I was amazed at how well Bobbin cleaned himself up after he lost his nail the other day Shocked

That must have been so frightening, glad they are both ok, naughty little escapee bunsters! Laughing
Thea Bobbin Roo
Thea Bobbin Roo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-07-07

http://www.theaschultheiss.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bunbuns Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:24 pm

I'm so glad they are both ok. I think i'd have passed out!
Bunbuns
Bunbuns
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 877

Back to top Go down

Post by jayms_fallen_angel Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:33 am

ZOMG!!!!!! That sounds truly horrific!!!! I'm so glad that they're both ok.
jayms_fallen_angel
jayms_fallen_angel
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 77

http://jaymsfallenangel.webs.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:33 pm

Mack's claw was a bit swollen so it has been swabbed but other than that (and my stained carpet) everything is fine.

They've not escaped again so I have no idea how they managed last time Hmmm
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:40 am

pale oh my goodness.

yes I would second biological washing powder as the enzymes in it will help break down the proteins in the blood. Hydrogen peroxide is also good (you can buy a 6% solution from most chemists) as that eats away at the proteins too. only rinse with cold water.

Good luck! Vanish might work?
Hope Mack is ok, that sounds very paninfuL SadSad
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maizy Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:25 pm

Think my heary would have stoppe if I'd walked in on that! Shocked I remember when Flynnn pulled one of his claws out so can imagine how much blood was there! Glad no one was hurt and hope Mac's foot feels better soon. Very Happy
Maizy
Maizy
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by BavBun Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:55 pm

Oh dear, poor you! Shocked Penny once did that to me, it's amazing how much a ripped claw can bleed.
This is what I found on a stain removal website:

Soak bloodstain out of carpet with cold water to which salt has been added, blotting off excess water until stain is removed. Ensure back of carpet is dry, then shampoo. Treat large stains on furnishings by sponging with biological detergent dissolved in water. Small stains can be treated with a paste of salt and cornflour, or salt and starch, left to dry, then brushed off.

BavBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 868
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:49 pm

Thanks for all the floor clening suggestions, it's all out of the duvet but the carpet has some way to go. The little horrors foot is fine though!
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down