Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NIC Cube Cage... Yay!

5 posters

Go down

NIC Cube Cage... Yay! Empty NIC Cube Cage... Yay!

Post by ElleyMay Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:26 am

I've been looking for the NIC Cubes ever since I saw them on here and I am happy to report that I finally found (and bought) some today!!! I am so excited. I played around with the set up for most of the afternoon and I can't wait to set it up for good. I'm in the midst of moving and won't be getting my new place until October 1st... also Brynn is 4 hours away with my boyfriend until he moves down here with me... I miss her so much, but she is going to LOVE her new cage! I'm very excited!

Quick question for those who have NIC cages now... What do you use to latch the "door" closed? Also, any suggestions on flooring/platform materials? Thanks so much!
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

NIC Cube Cage... Yay! Empty Re: NIC Cube Cage... Yay!

Post by Catsknickers Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:48 pm

I have never used a Nic set up but I know they look great. Can't wait to see pics when you have it up and running x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:37 pm

I use rugs (rubber backed mats etc)on the top floors from ikea, which are cheap and easy to dump in the wash if weed on and it's not a big deal if they get chewed up as they were cheep (though mine have last a year, even with brackens chewing), in the past I have used carpet, but it can't be washed, and it got annoying cutting it to shape. The rugs can over lap and they come in all shapes and sizes which is nice. On the lower floor I use lino, with a mat on where they jump up an down,(no slipping) and under their food and water. They like laying on the lino when it's hot. As for the door I used to just tie it shut with a bit of string, but then ivy learnt to chew it open Laughing so then I just pushed the door into place by over lapping it with the frame, and he couldn't budge it. though if you have a set up with out it over lapping you can just use a pad lock or a number lock. now I have a gate on the door so they free range round the room and I got rid of their door all together.

I also change their set up all the time Embarassed I love improving, and changing and editing. I thought my first one was amazing until I realized there was one level I couldn't get to, so I changed it again to an access all areas, now I've changed it again and built it into the bed frame, so it takes up no space Laughing
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1273
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.four-legs-good.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by jan Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:26 pm

Can't wait to see picturesx
jan
jan
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1481
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:45 am

So despite the fact that I don't have a bunny here I set them up anyway! Laughing Well Matt (the bf) was visiting the past few days and I showed him the NIC cage I had created. Honestly, I thought he was going put his foot down! (He's been SO amazing with both Tori and Brynn but he's not animal crazy like I am. He's also a major neat freak and very particular about his things... rabbit urine on the couch has nearly killed him at times haha). Well... to my surprise he thought they were a great idea, and suggested we get MORE to create a super deluxe cage. He left this morning, and I got a call from him this afternoon saying, "I'm at a store and I found 2 packs for the price of 1... I'm going to get them". Well... a few minutes ago I opened my e-mail to see some pictures of our empty dining room (table has been sold due to the move) that has now been converted into her cage. He is so smitten with these animals it's adorable. Smile I'm SOOOO lucky!!! Love

We've decided that we're going to convert the spare bedroom in our new place into my office/1 big bunny cage. I honestly did not think he was going to go for the idea, but he is even more eager about it than I am! Wahoo! I am SO happy! We will both be working a lot in the next few months which was worrying me because she is used to only being in her small cage at night. Now she'll have lots of space all the time, and she can still have the run of the apartment when we're home! cheers

... we're up to 65 squares!!! haha....

NIC Cube Cage... Yay! GetAttachment-2aspx

NIC Cube Cage... Yay! GetAttachmentaspx

NIC Cube Cage... Yay! GetAttachment-1aspx

(by the way, the small cage door is usually covered with a towel; he was just too excited and forgot! Rolling Eyes Laughing
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:55 am

It would be a well hard man that wouldn't be melted by your Brynn EM Laughing She really is just sooo scrummy Love and she loks so dainty and delicate and well....I could go on, for a day...

Set-up looks great, she's a very lucky bunsta Very Happy

Have you established what breed/cross she is, I can't remember?
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:45 pm

Jay wrote:It would be a well hard man that wouldn't be melted by your Brynn EM Laughing She really is just sooo scrummy Love and she loks so dainty and delicate and well....I could go on, for a day...

Set-up looks great, she's a very lucky bunsta Very Happy

Have you established what breed/cross she is, I can't remember?

Thanks Jay! She is a sweet girl (slightly evil, though). I'm not sure what breed she is... only that she has not been crossed with a rex. Anyone with breed expertise is welcome to give some insight. Smile
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down