Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Been AWOL again and have a delinquent bunny!

2 posters

Go down

Been AWOL again and have a delinquent bunny! Empty Been AWOL again and have a delinquent bunny!

Post by AprilGirl Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:47 pm

Hello Rabbit friends, I'm so sorry I've been missing again, I just never get the chance to get on much.

Last time I was on Shadow had gone for his snip, he went through it with no problems and healed really well the vet was very pleased. They couldn't get over that almost as soon as he woke from the anesthetic the was nibbling on the little pack lunch I'd taken him! That was 5 weeks ago now....

Anyway a couple of weeks after that we went away for a week, to Italy, and left Shadow in the capable hands of my lovely neighbour, when I got home I was very excited to see him so opened his hutch for a cuddle, what I was greeted with was a lunge at me with teeth and claws!!! Sad. I understand that I was maybe being punished for leaving him and after he'd been in the house for a little while he stretched out and we had a cuddle and some teeth purring!
But everytime I go to see him in his hutch and plump his bedding up he lunges at me aggressively and huffs, yesterday when I went to bring him in he lunged at me and actually bit me!!! I kept him in last night as he seemed more interested in running around that eating his veggie supper which is so not like him, he is still being very territorial about his play boxes and will go for whoever may look like they are going to touch them, which isn't good with my 2 year old wanting to see him all the time!
I can still hold him like a baby and he purrs when I rub his head and tug his ears (gently of course lol) but he is a changed bun, he was always so friendly and loving. Can anyone shed any light on whats happened, do I have a grumpy teenager on my hands? (He's 7 months now) What can I do?
Thank you
Emma x
AprilGirl
AprilGirl
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Back to top Go down

Been AWOL again and have a delinquent bunny! Empty Re: Been AWOL again and have a delinquent bunny!

Post by Catsknickers Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:38 pm

Hello and welcome back. Sounds like cage aggression and territorial behaviour to me. It should setttle with time. I have 2 fosters who are prone to it, but as long as I approach carefully, they tend to get over themselves!!!! Teenagers ey! Rolling Eyes
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down