Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indoor housing set up pics please

5 posters

Go down

Indoor housing set up pics please Empty Indoor housing set up pics please

Post by Jay Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:29 am

Wave We've had a lot of new members with housebunnies join HH lately, ( Happy Dance ) and knowing just how varied and unique indoor arrangements can be, it'd be helpful to have some on show, in one thread. Different types of cages would be good, and anything extensive you've done (like we've created a safe balcony space) would be good for inspiration, as well as free-range things!
I'm going to make a video on houserabbit care and welfare for the YT channel in the near future, and I'd be grateful if I could use these pics. If you would prefer i didn't, please post them, and PM me to let me know.

This is a very large cage I got from a German E-bay shop. It was adequate for a medium rabbit, he could periscope, run and hop, as well as use the ramp. I didn't realise at the time that the opening door is potentially dangerous to buns as they can get a nail or claw trapped in the wires. It is removable though.
Indoor housing set up pics please Hutchweb

After a couple of weeks, he got supervised out of cage time
Indoor housing set up pics please Bertiesroom

And then he moved into the room, and we abandoned the cage Laughing
Indoor housing set up pics please Room

Bunny burrow
Indoor housing set up pics please IMGP7913Medium

Balcony set up - a small hutch, grass tubs and tunnels.
Indoor housing set up pics please Hutch2

Indoor housing set up pics please B51web
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Indoor housing set up pics please Empty Re: Indoor housing set up pics please

Post by LilleJente Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:10 pm

Indoor housing set up pics please Newhome15

This was my first ever set up

Indoor housing set up pics please Newhome9

Indoor housing set up pics please Newhome12

I changed it later when Ivy grew up and moved in perminantly with Bracken, but I never got pics, and it was a modified verson on that but better lol,

I need to take pics of what it looks like now, built into the bed. - I don't think I ever got a full picture of the roof, but it had turf on and a hutch Rolling Eyes I really am rubbish at taking pictures of things - I really have to be in the mood Laughing
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1273
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.four-legs-good.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Kirsty - I dont beleive any of your pictures would ever be rubbish!
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Katieb wrote:Kirsty - I dont beleive any of your pictures would ever be rubbish!

Embarassed I ment rubbish at actually starting the process - thinking to get the camera out and then putting the effort into taking a picture (just coz the camera is so faffy, and then iit's not just click and upload it has to go through all the computer programs, and then get exported, ohh the faff of it Laughing (though sometimes i pinch my mums for snappy pics, but I hate them Laughing )
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1273
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.four-legs-good.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:10 am

Those NIC cube set-ups are amazing. I don't think I could ever have the time or energy to assemble one, I'd probably dismantle it several times as well, never satisfied with what happened.

I just ran downstairs to take photos Very Happy This is what happens when I procrastinate Laughing These photos have an element of where's wally to them - where's brucey? He was following me around when i took them. Love

The story of my housing arrangements for my bunnies is quite long. First it started off with Josephine. My ex boyfriend and I made her hutch from scratch. I decided I didn't like any of the pre-made ones, and he thought it would be good to build it together.

So we built this:

Indoor housing set up pics please 24032010505

With the idea of building a separate run and attaching that run to the black and white house. It was ok for Jose when she was a small tiny baby.

However, literally days before I got Josephine, we moved houses. And our new house wasn't 100% built and ready yet, and as such there was no fence and nothing to keep the animals at our house (it used to be a park, and was opened for housing development; our house was the first in the street). So Josephine had to stay inside. We moved the black and white hutch into my room and so she lived in my room with me for several months. It was wonderful to have her wake me up in the morning by jumping on my face until i fed her Very Happy

Then my parents separated, and a room in the house magically became free! As a way to entice my dad to stay with us, my mum had built a room into the house specifically for dad. He loves motorbikes, so it was a shed/workroom area. As soon as he moved out I moved Josephine in Very Happy. It has concrete floors but the same air conditioning and heating as the rest of the house. There is a sink and cupboards for storage in it (intended for bikes and tools).

Here is the view of the room from the inside door:
Indoor housing set up pics please 24032010494

Indoor housing set up pics please 24032010495

Indoor housing set up pics please 24032010500

Indoor housing set up pics please 24032010496_2

As you can see, we also use it for a semi-storage area. Initially things we didn't use were stored in cardboard boxes, obviously mum learned the hard way that when I said cardboard boxes were a bad idea, I was being serious Very Happy

And a view from the far wall where the black and white hutch sits:
Indoor housing set up pics please 24032010501

and a better view of their outside door:
Indoor housing set up pics please 24032010503

This door technically leads into the garage. It's a proper locking door just like the one in my room. The garage only has three walls in it, so the garage quickly becomes the garden. I use a puppy's play pen to section off areas that they are not allowed to go into. Bruce is no longer allowed in the garage proper after spending a few hours under my mum's car and then mysteriously the tubing that feeds the air conditioning in her car breaks Embarassed . I strenuously deny Bruce's involvement in the breaking of the tubes, but I secretly think that maybe he was a little naughty after all.

Indoor housing set up pics please 24032010508

And a view of the garden. It's shaped like an L, and the part you can't see has a LOT more trees and bushes for the bunnies to destroy in it.

Indoor housing set up pics please 24032010510

Bruce in the garden
Indoor housing set up pics please 24032010491

Sorry about the long post, it's hard to explain without all of the pictures.

Last edited by NSD on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:24 am; edited 1 time in total
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:07 pm

Wow they are lucky buns. Indoor housing set up pics please Icon_eek All that space to have fun. Great set up.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:00 am

Well, they're not so lucky in the summer - it's FAR too hot to let them outside. And they guilt trip me by always wanting to escape when I open the doors - then i start worrying they don't have enough room! But thank you Smile
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:05 am

Thanks for the pics so far Thumbs Up Kool set up Nici, lucky buns!
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:35 pm

Indoor housing set up pics please Daisy25march2010021

This is Daisy's Area. He lives under the sofa where he has a blanky and some more hay. bless him - i think he feels like it is his burrow.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:25 am

Katie that looks so neat - no hay, nor fur, no poo! I'm very impressed... I don't think I could keep my bunnies' area so clean. Smile
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:27 pm

Ahhh dont be fooled - this had been tidied in advance of picture.

He is really good with his poos tho - we hardly ever have any escapee raisins!

The oppositte end of this room there are french doors looking out to the garden - but next doors cats have frightened him that much that he is reluctant to come out from his sofa when the curtains are open - its a bit of a nightmare really. So we are just about to re-do all the garden to try and stop them coming in so my boy feels safer again.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:32 pm

Aw poor Daisy! I love it that completely redesigning the gardenis perfectly normal to make our bunnies feel safer Very Happy Did Daisy see the cats several times? Poor baby.

I have a real problem with Josephine and poos... she used to be perfectly toilet trained until Bruce came along and now nothing I do will stop her from dropping poos all around her room. But never in the rest of the house or the garden scratch
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down