Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slightly random thing...

3 posters

Go down

Slightly random thing... Empty Slightly random thing...

Post by Vivi Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:39 pm

I took Cid to the vets the other day as his fur was falling out & he looked dandruff-y, vet suspects mites, and told me to get some drops. She said she can't sell the bottle as its funny stuff. Then I asked her if it was the same stuff as I got for Kuja's ear mites... And she seemed really suprised that another vet sold me a bottle rather than just apply the drops (He offered me both but its esier to do them at home than come back in 3 times). Then she said... Oh he musta thought you weren't likely to sell them on! Is it common for people to get pet prescriptions then sell the meds? It seems really odd to me...

The stuff in the bottle was.. Ivermectin or some such thing
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Slightly random thing... Empty Re: Slightly random thing...

Post by NickieM Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:28 pm

My poor Felix has mites too but he is having a series of injections to get rid of it. He has to have a GA because his baby incisor has grown back again so they will do the jab at the same time.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:39 am

Some medications are governed by legislation which means you can only be prescribed as much as you are likely to need for that one specific animal unless you are classified as a 'smallholding' or are likely to need it to treat multiple animals (if it can spread for example). I think Ivermectin itself may be a prescription only medication but where it is the active ingrediant in other drugs it can be brought OTC.

However, I wouldn't think there would be a problem selling a bottle for mite treatment in a multi-rabbit hosuehold as if one needs treatment then it is best to treat them all.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum