Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are the best rabbit toys and accesories?

+3
NickieM
KatieB
rosesandarrows
7 posters

Go down

What are the best rabbit toys and accesories? Empty What are the best rabbit toys and accesories?

Post by rosesandarrows Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:09 pm

Hi,I was wondering if anyone knew any good rabbit toys or what are the best type of hutches? Very Happy

rosesandarrows
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

What are the best rabbit toys and accesories? Empty Re: What are the best rabbit toys and accesories?

Post by KatieB Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:38 pm

hiya Hun

the best hutches are the biggest you can possibly get as bunnies need a lot of space.

If you have a look on the post called "we have made a difference" there is a video on there all about bunny housing.

We have some U tube links that can show you lots and lots and lots of things for new bunny owners - from choosing the right hutch to nail clipping etc. They are really really useful.

Im not sure how to post the links myself but someone will be along soon who im sure will assist by posting you some links.

When I got my first bun I couldnt believe how much there was to learn, but being a Happy hopper member has really helped me, and I know so much more now than i did 6 months ago. So stick around and post as many questions as you need to - there will always be someone who is happy to help and the advice is really really good too.

As for toys - buns love things to chew - my Daisy loves willow especially. They also love to play with cardboard boxes, phone books and cardboard tubes. One of daisy's favourites is also a little barrel bell which he loves to toss in the air and pounce on. You really dont need to spend much to entertain a bunster.

Katie

PS. Welcome to Happy hoppers......cant wait to hear more about your lovely girl.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

What are the best rabbit toys and accesories? Empty Re: What are the best rabbit toys and accesories?

Post by NickieM Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:12 pm

Click on the button at the top that says YouTube Channel.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:16 pm

Buns like different things, so you could try loo rolls stuffed with hay, a treatball, willow sticks to throw around, and get creative, carboard boxes with tunnel holes cut in them, that kinda thing! Smile

And welcome to HH Wave
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Rice Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:25 pm

My buns love anything they can chew and make a mess of! Laughing Laughing

They love to shred newspaper and they love loo rolls stuff with hay like Jay mentioned. If I pretend I don't want them to chew something it makes them like it even more Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing
Rice
Rice
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2718
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KathyT Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:41 pm

Hiya hon,

My two adore anything they can chew - willow balls are always a favourite, but they don't last long. They also have some wood chunks on a bit of natural hemp rope that they chew and chuck around.

For cheap and cheerful, core an apple and give it to them whole - Tibbs will chase it around for hours until she's eaten it!

Welcome to HH Wave
KathyT
KathyT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2743
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesandarrows Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:51 am

Thanks for the advice!!!! Very Happy

rosesandarrows
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2010-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:03 am

Hi:) I don't really have any advice apart from what everyone else has said. I have found that all bunnies differ in what they like and dislike so try out different toys until you work out which things your bun likes doing (digging, hiding, chewing etc.) I also think it's a good idea to rotate the bunny toys so that your bunny gets the variety that they love so much! Give her some toys and then 2 weeks later take them away (unless she is very fond of them) and swap them with others and she'll think they are new toys and love them all the more.

I would try all the usuals - toilet tissue tubes, boxes, willow balls, wooden blocks, balls and other things that roll are usually a big hit as bunnies love to push things with their noses. Also try some things that may seem unusual for a rabbit. Things like plastic baby toys (not liquid teething rings) like keys and rattles and our Pippin has a cuddly rabbit which he loves just to go over and bite or throw every now and then! Check for wear and tear every now and then, especially with a soft toy.

Hope this helps Smile
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1193
Registration date : 2009-03-25

http://bellasbunnies.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum