Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foxglove - Sooz or Jane please look

+2
Catsknickers
racheld69
6 posters

Go down

Foxglove - Sooz or Jane please look Empty Foxglove - Sooz or Jane please look

Post by racheld69 Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:32 pm

Foxglove was neutered and had her teeth burred on Monday so was operated on both ends so to speak. You'd never guess though - she is still leaping about and boxing everyone! Very Happy :luv: She is putting on loads of weight and is now 1.1kg. Anyway, looks like she will have to have her back teeth done under GA every 2 months so do you think it is worth buying one of those things you look through with a light on to keep an eye on the teeth myself or a waste of time as i won't see anything?

Last edited by racheld69 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Foxglove - Sooz or Jane please look Empty Re: Foxglove - Sooz or Jane please look

Post by Catsknickers Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:43 pm

Brave little Foxglove she is incredible. Have you seen Sooz's wildie with a poorly leg. You will love her. One of those teeth things would be good. Jane and Sooz will know x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Foxglove - Sooz or Jane please look Empty Re: Foxglove - Sooz or Jane please look

Post by Kirsty&Lola Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:54 pm

oohhh brave little girl and doing so well putting on weight. wishing her a speedy recovery (not that she needs it from the sounds of it Laughing )
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:11 am

Catswhiskas wrote:Brave little Foxglove she is incredible. Have you seen Sooz's wildie with a poorly leg. You will love her. One of those teeth things would be good. Jane and Sooz will know x

no - not seen Sooz's wildie - is there a thread about it somewhere?
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Becca6 Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:40 am

Sooz's Juno is such a little cutie.

Your Nettle has always been one of my fave bunnies - I think there's something about wild bunnies that touches my heart :luv: :luv: I'd love to have a wildie.
Becca6
Becca6
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 738
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:53 am

jane or sooz -any tooth looking thing thoughts?
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:22 pm

Awwww what a star she is !! Very Happy

I do have an otoscope to examine my Dental Buns molars. But really it is not possible to get a complete view of the mouth whilst Bun is awake.
It is useful to look for more obvious spurs/soft tissue damage. But viewing all around the very back molars is impossible.

If you do buy an otoscope you need to make sure the specula are sturdy as they will get chewed !!

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:48 am

I was gonna say - even my vets never managed to get a decent look at Jack's molars. Might be worth looking into though if they have "sale otoscopes" Laughing
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:51 pm

I have an otoscope too but I had to get a vet to show me what I was looking for as it can be hard to distinguish what is normal and what isn't. I also use a finger check to feel for spurs, I slide my little finger into the cheek pouch and run it along the edge of the molars to feel for points.

I have been bitten a few times though, so be warned!
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down