Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fudge seems out of sorts...U/D We've been to the vets!

+5
NSD
KatieB
NickieM
Snowy
FudgesMummy
9 posters

Go down

Fudge seems out of sorts...U/D  We've been to the vets! Empty Fudge seems out of sorts...U/D We've been to the vets!

Post by FudgesMummy Mon May 03, 2010 4:07 pm

Hello All!

I have a Fudge bunny who is out of sorts-his normally orange tiddle seems even stronger in colour today and I am not entirely sure why. I've cut out his veggies-he has had rather alot of green stuff recently because that is what I have been given.I first notice the colour change yesterday when I did his litter tray- I did wonder if it was because I had changed the brand of litter but don't think so.

He generally seems ok in himself-eating hay and pellests well, and tempted him with some strawberry top which is he wolfed down.He does seem to be sleeping rather more than normal and cuddles up on his cushion wiht his blankie...

I've sent Charlotte a text who said to cut out his veggies for a few days but should I worry?? I really can't afford for him to be poorly sick at the moment as I really do not have the money for a vets bill Crying or Very sad

Last edited by FudgesMummy on Wed May 05, 2010 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Fudge seems out of sorts...U/D  We've been to the vets! Empty Re: Fudge seems out of sorts...U/D We've been to the vets!

Post by Snowy Mon May 03, 2010 4:51 pm

Hiya Wave , I am sure Fudge will be fine, when bunnies eat too much green vegs or fresh grass then their wee goes redder, I think he is just trying to kepp you on your toes, I don't think it's anything serious, this happens to my bunnies sometimes especially in the Spring when the grass gets richer, try not to worry Kelly, I am sure he will be OK Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Fudge seems out of sorts...U/D  We've been to the vets! Empty Re: Fudge seems out of sorts...U/D We've been to the vets!

Post by NickieM Mon May 03, 2010 5:42 pm

Sending vibes to you Kelly. Hoping that it all becomes clear that this is nothing to worry about. xx
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon May 03, 2010 6:04 pm

Hiya,

Hope fudge is okay hun.

K x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Tue May 04, 2010 11:49 am

Josephine's poo went almost-red about a year ago, I just stopped feeding her veggies for a few days, and she was fine. As long as he is still peeing and pooping and behaving like normal he'll probably be fine.

Hope he improves soon
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit Tue May 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Hope Fudge is doing OK, as others have said their wee can vary a lot in colour depending on what they eat. Hopefully that's all it is.

Sending lots of vibes for Fudge xx
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue May 04, 2010 5:07 pm

How is beautiful Fudge?, hope he is getting back to normal Kelly, please let us know
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LilleJente Tue May 04, 2010 6:14 pm

How's fudge - am sending him lots of vibes!!!

Hugs Hugs
LilleJente
LilleJente
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1273
Registration date : 2008-09-22

http://www.four-legs-good.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue May 04, 2010 6:33 pm

Lots of Fudge vibes Kelly, I hope he's ok Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Tue May 04, 2010 9:27 pm

Hello All

Fudge will tell you all I am a terrible Mummy having not given him any veggies since yesterday! His tiddle seems still a little dark-fresh litter tray will tell all!
He is munching well-hay,pellets and have given him some melon, strawberry and apple. I am really hopig it was just strong greens that caused the hiccup!
Today he has been quite active-digging in his shredded paper box and shredding pages from the argos book!

I will keep you posted on the updated tiddle status!
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Wed May 05, 2010 4:12 pm

Hello x

Well his furbabyness was taken for a bunny health check today-I still wasn't happy about his tiddle colour, the staining around his bits and his general lack of pinkness around his eyes. We saw the lovely new vet who was very bunny confident. She checked him over and has given him a course of Baytril as it is likely he does have a UTI. She helped me trim his teeth too-and is now strongly recommending his front teeth (top and possibly bottom) are removed the next time he has to have a GA dental. As although Matt is happy for me to trim them she would sooner not as the enamel is getting stronger from having done them that way...I am reluctant to say the least!

Fudge has been treated to some dandilion and some fuss and is currently sulking under the sofa!
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Shellypops Wed May 05, 2010 4:22 pm

At least you have some answers hope the Baytril will do the trick
Shellypops
Shellypops
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 431
Registration date : 2010-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed May 05, 2010 4:43 pm

Ahhh poor fudgey! Give him a nose rub from me - if he ever forgives you for the vet visit that is!

I hope the Baytril does the trick and all is back to normal soon.

Doesnt sound very good about his teeth? I think id be reluctant to have them out too all the time there were other options?????????

Anyway - daisy is sending Fudge some sympathetic nose wiggles........ (baytril Yukkers!)
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit Wed May 05, 2010 5:32 pm

At least your mind will be more at rest having seen the vet, good luck with getting the Baytril into him!

Gosh, have you had to trim his teeth before? Shocked How do you do that if you don't mind me asking? Smile

Nose rubs for the beautiful boy x
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Wed May 05, 2010 6:14 pm

Hope Fudgey is feeling happier again soon. It's funny but you always know when something isn't quite right.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu May 06, 2010 12:20 pm

How is Fudgey today??
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Thu May 06, 2010 1:33 pm

Hello all of fudge's aunties and uncles

Fudge has been a very good boy for his mummy-ironically I havent had mini shredded wheats in the house so the first couple of doses I've had to bundle fudge in his blanket and syringe it in....as long as he getsa bunny treat and nose rub afterwards he isn't kicking up a fuss!

Ive left him free roam today, been out for a 10miler and came home to find him buried in the canvas bag of hay munching contentedly!

I haven't notice any change in tiddle as of yet but just in himself he seems more active.

Lets hope this is the start of a happy bunny!
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down