Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Neautering advice and support please.

4 posters

Go down

Neautering advice and support please. Empty Neautering advice and support please.

Post by Magoo Thu May 13, 2010 9:58 am

Hi everyone. We've got an appointment in just over a week to have Pippin castrated. I know some about the operation and the risks involved and the vets are really good with bunnies so I trust them to look after him.

I guess what I really need is just support from people who have had their bunnies neautered so I feel a bit better because I'm quite worried about him. I'm scared something will go wrong during or after the operation and also I'd like some reassurance that I'm doing the right thing. If feels like if anything goes wrong it will be my fault because I'm insisting he gets neautered. I keep reminding myself that it is for his own good health wise as well as mentally good for him. Also how are they usually after the operation?

Thanks Smile
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1193
Registration date : 2009-03-25

http://bellasbunnies.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Neautering advice and support please. Empty Re: Neautering advice and support please.

Post by KatieB Thu May 13, 2010 12:04 pm

hi hun,

I was feeling the same way as you when daisy went in. In fact I was a wreck!

Do you know what though - he was completely fine when he got in - you would never have thought anything had happened to him - he was his usual happy bunny self and wasnt even the slightest bit groggy.

Im sure it will be just the same for pippin. He will be fine bless him.

I do completely understand how you are feeling though.

Sending positive plum removal vibes for pippin and big hugs for his mummy x x x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Neautering advice and support please. Empty Re: Neautering advice and support please.

Post by Tuffers Thu May 13, 2010 7:11 pm

Hi,
Sending Tuffers in was a bit stressful but i'm so glad he's done now. He's much more relaxed and happy. The vets were great. It took a few days for Tuffers to get over it but he's fine now.

The only advice i could give is not to use straw or shavings when you take him in. Use a blanket because the shavings will irritate the operation wound.

Pippin will be fine :o)

Tuffers
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Thu May 13, 2010 7:33 pm

Oh that's interesting thank you. I was planning on putting hay in his carrier cos I do that whenever he goes to the vet. I'll just put some in a bag on case the vets want to give him some. Thanks:)
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Fri May 14, 2010 12:37 am

I have had loads of males castrated and never lost one, thank goodness, they have always come home and been bright and active, eating, weeing and pooing within an hour or two.

We always put our bunnies, both male and female, on 7 days bed rest after a neuter, this is because if they do too much jumping around or running around then they could herniate and that is horrible, so we always take extra precautions with them

Good luck
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Magoo Fri May 14, 2010 6:32 am

Thanks Theo Smile how do you do bed rest with a bunny?
Magoo
Magoo
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down