Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking five buns for their myxi jab tomorrow

+2
KatieB
Rhianna
6 posters

Go down

Taking five buns for their myxi jab tomorrow Empty Taking five buns for their myxi jab tomorrow

Post by Rhianna Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:25 pm

My little two seater car goes in for a service and MOT tomorrow and I get a courtesy car with a back seat for the day so it is a great opportunity to take the buns who are due their myxi jabs to the vet. I can't get three carriers in my little car and I can't fit three buns in any of my carriers so have borrowed a third carrier.

I will be getting Peggy and Sue registered with my vet too. Am hoping for a discount with the five going together but won't hold my breath. George and Gemma aren't due yet.

I just hope I can park nearby as sometimes I have to park the other side of a very busy road. The surgery doesn't have their own car park. I really don't fancy ferrying buns backwards and forwards in stages.

I know myxi jabs are quite safe but I do worry about taking them. Poor Peggy and Sue still hate being picked up and will be even less keen after tomorrow. I know it's for their own good - but they won't understand that.

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2009-12-27

Back to top Go down

Taking five buns for their myxi jab tomorrow Empty Re: Taking five buns for their myxi jab tomorrow

Post by KatieB Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:26 pm

Sending good luck wishes for your MOT and Service - for perfect parking and co-operative bunsters! ha ha ha

Im sure peggy and sue will forgive you.

K x x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Taking five buns for their myxi jab tomorrow Empty Re: Taking five buns for their myxi jab tomorrow

Post by NickieM Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:21 pm

Good thinking! Definitely a good plan, but make sure you get help to get them out of the car into the vets. I hate having to carry in two boxes and hold open doors too!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:10 am

Bunnies always don't understand that it's in their best interests to get vaccinated! Josephine goes into a strop. It's a good idea that you're getting them all done together so at least they don't think you're playing favourites!

Good luck with them. Five bunnies all at once must be difficult to handle!
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:32 pm

Five buns all at once was incredibly difficult - glad I didn't need to take all seven! Two of them hid under the hutch and I had a struggle to get them out.

Molly, Munchkin and Dylan were OK with the vet but Peggy and Sue really did not want to be handled and it took ages. Fortunately, my vet is very patient. The nurse usually holds them and I stroke their noses and talk to them. Sue jumped in my arms - poor darling wanted her Mummy! I felt really mean having to put her down on the table again.

Sadly, Peggy needs a dental. The vet got me to lean over his shoulder (when my boobs rested on his back - most embarrassing! Embarassed) and look through the instrument in her mouth. One of her teeth curls at an angle and there is a spur on another. He said something else which I didn't really understand. The vet got cross and said it was pure neglect and she hadn't been fed properly when she was developing as it was due to a calcium deficiency. I had told him Peggy and Sue's history and why they were so difficult to handle, whereas my other three were fine.

Poor Peggy has to go in next week as one of the teeth is growing into her cheek. The vet showed me the cage she will be in - nice and big - and has agreed I can take Sue with her as she will be so scared. I am really worried about it as she is four but have no choice - I can't let her be in pain.

When we had finished all the buns there was hay on the table, the mat and the floor and the vet was behind with his appointments. He is a large, cuddly sort of guy and was perspiring heavily. He asked where I lived and said that next time he will come to me as it will be less stressful for the buns and easier for me. I was very impressed, especially as he said he can do it on a Saturday afternoon which will mean I don't have to take time off work.

Maybe it was to try and make up for not letting me have discount. The jabs were £17.50 each and the dental will be £45-£50.

I now have a courtesy car full of hay that I have to hoover out before taking it back - and my car failed the MOT and needs welding. A very expensive day!

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:29 pm

So - let me get this straight.....you boobed him in the back, he was sweating and now he's coming over! ha ha ha ha ha ha Get in there Girl!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Goodness me - you've had a right morning of it!

Sorry to hear about your car....these things always happen at once.

Poor Peggy - although if she has got to four and this is her first dental she's not doing too bad. It may be that she'll only need this one and then wont ever need another.

Bless her though, sending vibes for you both.

Really hope to get over to see you soon.

My tel no is on one of the other emails I sent.

See you all soon hopefully

Katie
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:06 pm

Mmm - that doesn't sound good does it? Sadly my vet is not at all fanciable. Now if he was a vet I used to have - wow!!!!!

I don't know if Peggy has ever had a dental before but doubt it as I think they were quite neglected. She would have had her teeth checked when she was spayed at BARC and they must have been OK then so hopefully it will be a one-off. Dylan had to have one last time he had his myxi jab and he doesn't need another one.

I have been doing lots of overtime to try and get some surplus cash to get stuff done on the house but it goes out quicker than it comes in. Hopefully, we will meet up soon though.

George and Gemma - particularly Gemma - were very naughty today so they may be in a curry when you do come over Laughing

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:33 pm

You boobed him in the back! Laughing Laughing Laughing Katieb what are you like!
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:31 pm

I took 9 buns for myxi once and a cat to have his stitches out. Needed a gin and a lie down after!

Well done you x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhianna Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:48 pm

Nine buns and a cat!!!! Wow. How on earth did you carry them all. I had to make two trips and I had fewer furry beings to manage.

I'm just relieved he is coming here next time. Will see if he can worm any cats that are around at the same time. I find it a nightmare to do and he does it so quickly they don't even know what has happened.

I keep looking at poor Peggy. She will be so scared on Wednesday. I was home all day yesterday so put all the buns in the front garden (where the grass is). They had a lovely time. I just hope Peggy will be OK with the GA. I am on-call Wednesday night too so may have to go into work. My other buns have just wanted to be quiet after a dental and as she hates being handled I will just make sure she is eating but otherwise leave her in peace. Will get some of her favourite soft food tomorrow to tempt her. She loves carrots so I will grate some to make it easier for her to eat them.

I will be so relieved when it is over and she is eating and back to normal. And when she has recovered totally the bonding can begin Happy Dance

Rhianna
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:37 am

I'm loving that you boobed him Laughing I have visions of the next person taking that car wondering what the ittle pellets are rolling out from under the seat Wink
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down