Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kuja and Lani

4 posters

Go down

Kuja and Lani Empty Kuja and Lani

Post by Vivi Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:36 pm

After reading up much on bonding, I found this - http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/bond.shtml It seems good, so Im going to try and follow this advice best I can.

Anyways, first off, it says to let your bunny pick its partner, which makes sense, really.

Kuja and Bea were out together yesterday, and Kuja was not a happy bunny, he attacked Bea a little afew times. Though, Bea seemed to like him..

So anyways today I decided Id let Kuja choose from the 3 girl bunnies I have, so, Bea was out, so I moved onto Lani. Who I thought might be a better match for him.

First off, Lani wasn't bothered about him, which is a good sign apparently, so Lani likes Kuja, but Kuja was trying to mount her, alot. I parted them and he seemed to calm down enough to allow a little nose-sniffing, and Lani groomed him, which is awesome. Which was then followed by more mounting! By this point I think Lani was sick of him and ran everytime he came near. He looked so confused, bless him.. I guess he doesn't realise how much of a pain he is! They were both munching on a little hay and cleaning themselves and that, too, is a good sign so...

But at least he didn't attack her so I guess Kuja and Lani are bonding job number one... Wish me luck! I think Im gonna take them in the car round to my Mother's later for a super-neutral area.

Once these guys are sorted I guess Ill go back to Cid and Freya, as they seemed to be doing well, until they had a fight.

Sorry for the long post!
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Kuja and Lani Empty Re: Kuja and Lani

Post by NSD Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:24 pm

Good luck bonding! It can be a stressful time for all involved.

I don't think humping is necessarily a "bad" behavioural trait, the bunny that is doing the humping just has to eventually realise what it is doing is not socially acceptable all of the time.

Will you put them together in the car? I have heard a lot of people do that with bonding bunnies so that they can be afraid together
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:10 am

Good Luck hun, Hope day two went okay.

K x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:16 am

Yes, I took them into my car to my Mam's, which was great actually! Though, I spent about 3/4 of an hour at my Mam's, and by the end Kuja was feeling comfortable enough to strart mounting Lani..

However, they were eating together which Im taking as a positive.

Kuja kept wanting groomed though, but I think Lani was a little too scared to respond to him. This resulted in a few 'Pay attention to me!' nips from Kuja..

Men, they are just so demanding!
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:57 pm

Just a small update:

After thier 4th date, there is still some mounting from Kuja, from any side, he isn't bothered, face is just as good as anywhere.. I still knock him off, and he just looks at me like.. 'What did I do wrong!'..

Lani doesn't like this, but on the plus side, she doesn't attack him, and just runs. And then he chases her.. I know bunnies chase each other, but I thought the idea of the chase was to chase them away? Is this the same behaviour or is this Kuja just being too persistent? Is there any way to calm him down, or will thta just come in time, if they assert a pecking order?

Aaand, Kuja still nips her when she isn't paying attention but again she doesn't attack, just runs.

Any thoughts from anyone?

Sorry about this, I just really don't know what Im doing here, though Im trying! The OH isn't very helpful, he just looks at me like Im mad when I get my bunny head on.. So I like talking to you guys, for pointers and possibly just some 'Calm down Sarah you're being crazy!!' Smile
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:33 pm

We have grooming :-) And lots of it. Mostly Queen Lani demands it, and Kuja gives in.. Who'd have thought the stoppy little man would but there we go..

So soon Im going to try not-so-neutral territory and see how they get on!

There has been much less mounting but he still nips her down her sides...
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:43 pm

YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear this is going so well hun.

how is little daisy doing now?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:15 pm

Well I emailed the local rescue and it is full. Im at a dead end with Daisy now, not sure where to take her. I keep checking on her, to make sure she has food and water, and she seems to be doing as okay as she can be...

I wish the OH wasn't so stubborn so I could bring her here Sad
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:23 am

Glad it's going well on the bonding Smile
I hope you can find a solution for Daisy.
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:06 pm

I might just have to steal her then hide her under my bed. I went around the other day, her water bottle had green crusty stuff in it, and she has tiny poo, and they don't think either of those things are a problem! It breaks my heart everytime I go to see her..
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:56 pm

Bless her heart. Is there anything I can do to help? Anything at all?

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:21 am

I really appreciate the thought, its really nice to know someone cares as much about little Daisy as I do.

I think tbh its either waiting for the rescue to get some space, or convincing the OH, even if me keeping Daisy is a temporary measure until the rescue is free.

I will work my persuasion skills untl then - For one thing I know, if Kuja ans Lani bond soon, they move into thier new cage, freeing 2 old cages up... Maybe he will be more easily coerced if I play the 'There's still only 6 cages to clean out (ish)' card..
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:44 am

Fingers crossed for that hun.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:36 pm

I am hoping to move them in together either today or tomorrow. Everything seems to be going so well between them, they're no effort at all to watch (Though I must admit it gets rather dull sitting with them for 4h on end!)

So today Im gonna set a pen up infront of my TV for them so they can spend the whole day together and I will have something to actually do. (Play video games, all day... Smile )
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:34 pm

Kuja and Lani P1000707

Smile Smile Smile Smile

Though... There was a little fight a couple of hours before this, but they have pretty much spent all day together so it's looking good.

Though - Ive porbably spken too soon.. I can see that gleam in Kuja's eyes..

They'll be spending the night in my room so if they start fighting Ill hear them and split them.. But mostly all they've done is ether eat hay together, or cuddle together, or try and drink from the same water bottle together!
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down