Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

anyone for a surprise baby bun?! *need the rolling eyes!*

+7
Karina
Rice
coco
Boblets
Catsknickers
KathyT
Laura
11 posters

Go down

anyone for a surprise baby bun?! *need the rolling eyes!* Empty anyone for a surprise baby bun?! *need the rolling eyes!*

Post by Laura Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:08 pm

Ryan recieved a call today from a friend of ours who knows someone who has a litter of kits and wanted to know what colour i would like as she was going to bring one round to me as a surprise present!

i'm absolutely livid that anyone would think that this would be a good idea... to just surprise someone with a kit! she doesn't know about The Bunny Room so where was she thinking that i'd be keeping this kit?! in a box?!

i have no idea what breed it they are, i doubt she'd know what sex it was, i don't even know if this person is a breeder (unlikely) so it's probably a mish mash of genetic problems.

i know Carlton came from a breeder but i was unaware of the rescue situation and i did my homework to find someone with a decent history. Embarassed

at least ask me straight if i'm interested in taking on a kit, don't turn up at my gaff with one you noob! Ryan told her that there wuld be no way i would be happy to receive a "surprise" and am talking to a rescue anyway and wouldn't consider anything but a rescue bun.

what would Uno say?! maaan, i'm covered in angry rash now!! Embarassed
Laura
Laura
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2356
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

anyone for a surprise baby bun?! *need the rolling eyes!* Empty Re: anyone for a surprise baby bun?! *need the rolling eyes!*

Post by KathyT Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:14 pm

That's pretty much how I ended up with Tibbler and Nibbler - my brother needed a home for SEVERAL litters after his dopey kids decided mixing the rabbits up would be fun No

It makes me so angry - what makes people think that they can bring these animals into the world and then foist them off on whoever they choose?! Would they do it with a child? No-one takes responsibility for their actions anymore it seems sometimes.
KathyT
KathyT
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2743
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

anyone for a surprise baby bun?! *need the rolling eyes!* Empty Re: anyone for a surprise baby bun?! *need the rolling eyes!*

Post by Catsknickers Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:24 pm

OH hun. I know. I know someone who is having indiscrimate accidental litters. Eeek. And the problem is that she doesn't seem to think there is a problem. Argh. Oh hun. I saw these 5 day old babies today too Sad
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Boblets Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:36 pm

Awww no Sad Poor bunnies Sad
Boblets
Boblets
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1096

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:38 pm

who just turns up with a rabbit to someones house as a surprise??! it's just beyond crazy!

i tell you now, if she'd gone ahead and done it without calling ryan, i wouldn't have been whooping for joy!
Laura
Laura
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:39 pm

I know what would possess her? It was probably a sneaky way of seeing if she could get you to take one as she probably doesn't know what to do.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:51 pm

i can just imagine her saying to her friend "oh, i know someone who will take off your hands no problem" Rolling Eyes

there's part of me that wants to ring and lecture about turning up with surprise rabbits but there's the bit of me worrying about the situation of the mummy and daddy bunny. Hmmm
Laura
Laura
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Boblets Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:55 pm

What is happening to the bunnies now??

Its crazy though isnt it... Once folks hear you have a bunny they think that you want them all...
Boblets
Boblets
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1096

Back to top Go down

Post by coco Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:01 pm

head. on. brick. wall.

HBWS
coco
coco
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1758

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:07 pm

Boblets wrote:What is happening to the bunnies now??

Its crazy though isnt it... Once folks hear you have a bunny they think that you want them all...

gah, i don't know, i don't know wether to get in contact. i don't even know how old they are. it's all whiring in my mind "was it accidental? was the dad taken out? are there more due?"

i don't even know the person who has these rabbits. Hmmm
Laura
Laura
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rice Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:12 pm

Oh my word, how ridiculous?!? She's really got to be kidding herself that she thought you'd be excited Rolling Eyes It was probably just an excuse to get rid of one of the babies Sad

Some people... HBWS HBWS
Rice
Rice
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2718

Back to top Go down

Post by Karina Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:41 pm

Blimey, I often wonder about people like that. Seems they lack consideration for anyone and anything.

I'm not sure how they can think a surprise animal would be a good idea since they only base it on "oh well you already have one so I thought you liked them" Its happened to me before and I wasn't impressed in the slightest.
Karina
Karina
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

Post by Thea Bobbin Roo Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:07 am

anyone for a surprise baby bun?! *need the rolling eyes!* SFun_explosive
Thea Bobbin Roo
Thea Bobbin Roo
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-07-07

http://www.theaschultheiss.com

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:27 am

Thea Bobbin Roo wrote:anyone for a surprise baby bun?! *need the rolling eyes!* SFun_explosive

couldn't have put it better myself. can you imagine someone turning up on your doorstep with a puppy, or a baby snake? Yes, rabbits are just as much work, but in a different way! honestly No
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:49 am

Thea Bobbin Roo wrote:anyone for a surprise baby bun?! *need the rolling eyes!* SFun_explosive

Laughing Laughing that actually was me last night!
Laura
Laura
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Babybunnies4 Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:10 pm

What a great smily for this situation!
Sounds like they were just trying to offload one on you Sad
Babybunnies4
Babybunnies4
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1053
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:13 pm

well i am going to be controversial and say i think you are all being as bit hard on her. yes, it is an absolutely ridiculous idea and way to treat/view bunnies but i think her heart was in the right place as she obviously thought it would be the most wonderful amazing surprise for you and something you'd totally love and was probably quite excited about it so although she got it badly wrong it sounds like her heart was in the right place? And it is her friend who has all these babies irresponsibly and prob was saying do you know anyone who would like one, and in her ignorance she prob thought oooh Laura loves bunnies i could get her one as a surprise - she'd love that. so although you feel like smashing her head in the wall perhaps she just needs educating, and her friend with the baby bunnies too! Very Happy
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rice Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:10 pm

racheld69 wrote:well i am going to be controversial and say i think you are all being as bit hard on her. yes, it is an absolutely ridiculous idea and way to treat/view bunnies but i think her heart was in the right place as she obviously thought it would be the most wonderful amazing surprise for you and something you'd totally love and was probably quite excited about it so although she got it badly wrong it sounds like her heart was in the right place? And it is her friend who has all these babies irresponsibly and prob was saying do you know anyone who would like one, and in her ignorance she prob thought oooh Laura loves bunnies i could get her one as a surprise - she'd love that. so although you feel like smashing her head in the wall perhaps she just needs educating, and her friend with the baby bunnies too! Very Happy

Rachel you are so sensible sometimes! I hadn't thought of it this way, but you definitely could be right Very Happy
Rice
Rice
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2718

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:36 pm

racheld69 wrote:well i am going to be controversial and say i think you are all being as bit hard on her. yes, it is an absolutely ridiculous idea and way to treat/view bunnies but i think her heart was in the right place as she obviously thought it would be the most wonderful amazing surprise for you and something you'd totally love and was probably quite excited about it so although she got it badly wrong it sounds like her heart was in the right place? And it is her friend who has all these babies irresponsibly and prob was saying do you know anyone who would like one, and in her ignorance she prob thought oooh Laura loves bunnies i could get her one as a surprise - she'd love that. so although you feel like smashing her head in the wall perhaps she just needs educating, and her friend with the baby bunnies too! Very Happy

I totally understand and think you're completely right. I don't feel like smashing her head into a wall, I feel like banging mine on a wall! Laughing I know her heart was in the right place but it just goes over my head that people can think a surprise pet would be a good idea, it makes me think of all the other surprise pets in the country that end up being passed from pillar to post, etc. - I think that's the thing that upset me the most, thinking about all the unwanted litters, rescues, etc, it just sets my mind whirring.

A friend visited today and she had already warned her not to turn up with a bunny, that I wouldn't be happy about it and that she knows I wouldn't consider going outside of a rescue. She said "I'll still give Ryan a ring, you never know"

I do know now, however, that this litter was accidental (oh joy) so I will be making contact in regards to educating. If one litter is accidental, methinks the chances she is pregnant again are probably pretty high. Crying or Very sad
Laura
Laura
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down