Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vince and Faline have been neutered!

+2
NickieM
Vince the bunny
6 posters

Go down

Vince and Faline have been neutered! Empty Vince and Faline have been neutered!

Post by Vince the bunny Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:27 pm

Well, hubby has just picked them up from the vets, Vince is hopping around the dining room munching on a carrot. He fell over backwards whilst attemting to wash and he's hopping about like he's had a bit too much to drink, but other than that he is ok.
Faline is hiding in her bed, but is ok. I have moved her hutch into the dining room as advised by you guys so I can keep a close eye on her. I removed her straw from her bed as the vet said it might irritate her wound, so she's sleeping on a nice soft bath towel ( her hay is in a hay rack).
Fingers crossed she eats something and and has a drink. They both have fresh litter trays and full bottles of water so I can see if they are peeing, pooping and drinking. The vet said I can beginn bonding them after her check up in 3 days time. It'll be lovely to see them in Vince's hutch together Smile
Thanks for all your good vibes Wink
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Vince and Faline have been neutered! Empty Re: Vince and Faline have been neutered!

Post by NickieM Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:42 pm

So glad that they are well. Sending them lots of healing vibes. xx
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Vince and Faline have been neutered! Empty Re: Vince and Faline have been neutered!

Post by KatieB Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Sending lots of healing vibes x x x x x

Get well soon you gorgeous pair.

K x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:02 am

Well, Faline has been eating a small carrot and some dandelion leaves and has poo'd so this is a good sign.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:26 am

Glad to hear she is okay, sounds good.

Did the vet give you any meds for her? Is she taking it okay?

Give her a nose rub from me....sending her lots of vibes.

How is vince doing?
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:47 am

Glad it went ok, you're doing everything right, just keep an eye on her.
Just one thing though - and I have no experience of this, just going on what others have said - the male testosterone can take some weeks to get out of the system, so he may still be acting on his hormones and attempt to hump Faline, possibly repeatedly. With her condition still delicate, 3 days may be too soon, and the bond may not be successful because of this.

Can anyone else clarify this, or not?
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:44 am

Wave Hi, so pleased Faline and Vince are on the mend, you did the right thing bringing them indoors to care for them, here at the rescue we have lots of bunnies neutered, both male and female, in each case we always bed rest them for 7 days, by that I mean that we put them in a dog crate or an indoor cage on soft bedding as you have done, apart from cleaning them out every day and changing the bedding they stay in their crates, that's because a bunny can easily herniate if they jump around, we never attemp bonding for at least 4 weeks and sometimes 6 weeks, this allows the females to get over their hysterectomy and the males to get rid of some of their testosterone, it's a big operation for a female bunny and she needs time to recover, if you try too soon then she will be very grumpy and the bonding probably won't work anyway, you could always put them in their cages side by side and let them see each other.

Hope everything goes well, you are doing a brilliant job with them Thumbs Up
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:55 pm

Yay well done bunnies!!!!!!!
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Vince is doing well, like nothing has happened! Faline is doing ok too, she has been hopping around the dinning room, nothing too strenuous. I think I'll leave off the bonding with Vince for a while then, I don't want her being humped 24hrs round the clock. Falines friend Hazel is being speyed on Tuesday. Should I keep them seperate from each other too??
Faline was given some pain relief that will last a few days so I don't need to give her anything>
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:18 am

Ahhh Im glad they are doing well - thats brilliant news.

Can I just say - you have some very lucky bunnies there - you are doing such an amazing job.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down