Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brian

+6
KatieB
coco
proudmummy
Catsknickers
Josephine
buddabun
10 posters

Go down

Brian Empty Brian

Post by buddabun Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:28 am

Right, I thought you would probably like an explanation as to why Brian is up for rehoming.

To be honest I didn't actually realise he was going up for rehoming until I saw the post or I would probably have written this a lot earlier.

I had talked to Charlotte a couple of months ago and she had said she'd might keep him but might rehome him depending on finances etc.

It is not a decision we made lightly, although I now realise that it certainly looks that way. Mr B and I have been talking about it for over a year now, I have been trying to win him over but at the end of the day, he doesn't want Brian back. He was with us for 6 months before we moved, Mr B was home for the last 2 or 3 months of that so never bonded with Brian the way he did with Charlie and Jack, and he just doesn't want rabbits again.

I am obviously upset. Brian is a gorgeous boy and such a character, and we spent many happy moments together, he really did adapt to every new situation he was in in a way I have never seen in an animal before, let alone a bunny! He travelled with me almost every day for work, he sat on my passenger seat and shared my lunch, he would hop around a classroom full of nursery children without batting an eyelid and go to each one for noserubs. He genuinely seemed to enjoy adventures! That said he has been without us for nearly 3 years now, only knew me for 6 months and it would be very arrogant of me to assume he misses or even remembers us.

It might well look callous to some of you but those of you that actually know me know that I'm not a callous person and I do take my pets very seriously, so it's not some flippant decision we made on the spur of the moment. I did not abandon him on the doorstep of the RSPCA, we have made sure he has had amazing room and board for the last 2 and a half years and he is now going on to a new loving home. If it took another six months to find it we still would have kept financing his keep, I haven't just dumped him on Charlotte and told her to get rid of him, but I'm not going to string her along either and take him back only to rehome him. All those journeys would hardly be fair on him.

So there it is. Judge me if you will, I'm sure a lot of you would have done differently but we've talked it to death over here and it's just not happening.

I hope you'll still let me stick around. I do like our little community, even though I no longer have any bunnies and I hope I can still be a part of it.
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 7749
Registration date : 2008-06-24

http://www.cluster-jewellery.com/

Back to top Go down

Brian Empty Re: Brian

Post by Josephine Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:59 am

Hi Helen, I am so sorry you have been forced into the decision to give up Brian. I truelly hope I am able to give him a happy and loving home with us and Mindy. He will be a house bun, but will also have access to outdoors. He looks absolutely gorgeous and he seems like a real character. We are really looking forward to having him here and will try to keep you informed of his progress etc.
Hopefully the bonding will be successful. x
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:03 am

Aww thanks Jo Love

He really is a lovely chap (and ridiculously soft!). I hope it all goes well and you enjoy his company as much as I have Smile
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:14 am

I did message you H to say he was going up! I didn't want putting him on here to cause aggro. I just wanted to find him a home. He is also on Find a Furry, RR and RSPCA website. Not just here. But the advantage of putting him here is that people already know him and he may get a home with a Hopper which is the ideal situation. It has luckily turned out that way. Very Happy

I looked at my finances long and hard as would loved to have kept him and can't lie that this isn't going to be very hard for me and many tears will flow. However I have to take my long term health issue pets into consideration which are Harry and Chance, not to mention Woody who hasn't been well of late. And with a baby on the way I can't realistically take on another financial commitment. My priorities are the ones I already have.

But I have done the right thing by Bri and found him a fantastic home with a wonderful lady that I have met several times now, so I know he will be just dandy!

Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:39 am

I wasn't having a go hon. I didn't get any message, sorry.

It was never going to be easy giving him up, but at least he's going to another hopper now Smile
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:50 am

Exactly at the end of the day Bri has a fab home to go to and the bonus is it is with a hopper! There should be no I'll feeling over this. It can't have been an easy decision. Things have worked out so well there is no pooint in people falling out abt it! X x x x

Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmummy Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:07 am

((hugs)) on your tough decision hun....it can't have been easy (naughty mr b lol).

He is going to a good home by all accounts and we definitely will be hearing all about him via jo.

Please don't go anywhere!! I am sure you can persuade Mr B to have bunnies again one day Smile esp if Clauds wants one Smile

xxx
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by coco Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:45 pm

H we love you, so please stick around Love Love I've been in the same position as you when it came to re-homing George and I know it was a decision I didn't take lightly, as I am sure it was the same for you too. Please don't feel like you have to stop posting because of it Sad You have my support and many other hoppers if you need it Love

It's brilliant he's going to the wonderful Jo, she is a lovely selfless person... fingers are all crossed that bonding works with the beautiful Mindy Love
coco
coco
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1758
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:16 pm

Must have been a very hard decision, and he is going to a wonderful home too.

Id be upset if you thought you would have to leave.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmummy Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:20 pm

Hear hear Katie xx
proudmummy
proudmummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2271
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by becky Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:25 pm

Im so sorry hun Sad And to you too Char, I am sure this is hard for you both x

becky
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2714

Back to top Go down

Post by DixieLuBun Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:46 pm

I can honestly say I too have been in on this in the way of supporting Charlotte. I received a phone call with Charlotte very upset after a conversation about rehoming Brian, I have spent many a text, email and phone call reassuring Charlotte that she had to think of her own long term health animals as well as her ever growing family this time two foot not 4.

She has battled with alot lately trying to work out all her money just incase there was a glimmer of chance she could afford to keep him. I know how much she loves him and treats him as she does her own bunsters , spoilt rotten. I hope I didn’t bully her into re-homing him as being a foster mum to however many we get through my door I just couldn’t let her take on another no matter how hard it is to say good bye. I suggested to her to get Helen to sign him over to us and get him up on our local RSPCA web site which in turn also went on RR and Find a Furry. Charlotte posted on HH for the off chance that someone would fall in love with him no matter what and that way she could always get to see what he was up to, but this WAS with the knowledge of Helen as I was present when Charlotte asked her via private message.

The main thing is Brian has a new home to go to with a lovely lady who will look after him and everyone will still get to keep in touch so works out all ways. HH is a great site and one of the best as everyone is so friendly I may not visit as offen as I’d like but all the same I know when I do visit I enjoy it.
DixieLuBun
DixieLuBun
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 638

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:16 pm

Thank-you Dawn for providing the answer to a question I have asked directly, but recieved no answer to. I didn't think you could hand over an animal to the RSPCA without consent.

I doubt very much that Charlotte feels bullied into this, more a fear of handing Brian over to a stranger. She needed someone to be strong and not emotionally involved, and i'm glad that we have a more balanced picture of what has happened.

A very sad situation, however, one that will hopefully be resolved in the best way possible, with the lovely Brian being rehomed to a much treasured Hopper and Bunny Smile

I wish we'd see more of you too, it was lovely to meet you and your family at the wedding Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:33 am

DixieLuBun wrote:I can honestly say I too have been in on this in the way of supporting Charlotte. I received a phone call with Charlotte very upset after a conversation about rehoming Brian, I have spent many a text, email and phone call reassuring Charlotte that she had to think of her own long term health animals as well as her ever growing family this time two foot not 4.

She has battled with alot lately trying to work out all her money just incase there was a glimmer of chance she could afford to keep him. I know how much she loves him and treats him as she does her own bunsters , spoilt rotten. I hope I didn’t bully her into re-homing him as being a foster mum to however many we get through my door I just couldn’t let her take on another no matter how hard it is to say good bye. I suggested to her to get Helen to sign him over to us and get him up on our local RSPCA web site which in turn also went on RR and Find a Furry. Charlotte posted on HH for the off chance that someone would fall in love with him no matter what and that way she could always get to see what he was up to, but this WAS with the knowledge of Helen as I was present when Charlotte asked her via private message.

The main thing is Brian has a new home to go to with a lovely lady who will look after him and everyone will still get to keep in touch so works out all ways. HH is a great site and one of the best as everyone is so friendly I may not visit as offen as I’d like but all the same I know when I do visit I enjoy it.

Hmm...... this is interesting, it's answered a few things I was wondering about, well done Dawn for being there to support Charlotte at this dreadful time, I know how stressful all this has been for her, hopefully things will work out for Brian and Mindy and Charlotte can then get on with enjoying her pregnancy and her and Damien can then both look foward to the birth of their baby.
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by buddabun Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:22 am

Thank you Dawn for being at the end of the phone for Charlotte in what was never going to be an easy time.

I just wanted to clarify one point - I never said I did not give permission or not know of the possibility of him being rehomed.

When Charlotte and I discussed Brian, I gave her the option of keeping him for herself if she wanted, as I know how attached to him she has become, but I wasn't just going to dump him on her, so I told her if she didn't want to or could not keep him, to put him up for rehoming.

That it was an option has never been disputed. All I have said is that we had left it at Charlotte probably keeping him. I did not know she was putting him up for rehoming although I knew it was a possibility.

Maybe I didn't express myself particularly well in my original post, and for that I apologise, he was obviously not put up for rehoming without my permission, I just never received the PM from Charlotte telling me she was putting him up, hence it was a surprise. Hence why I didn't write this explanation sooner.

Anyway, there it is. Brian now has a wonderful new home and I hope he will be really happy there as I have no doubt he will.
buddabun
buddabun
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down