Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuming!!

+4
Josephine
Snowy
Velvet.Tears
LilyGrace
8 posters

Go down

Fuming!! Empty Fuming!!

Post by LilyGrace Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:20 am

Basically...my OH's sister has got her daughters a rabbit for Christmas...
The problem being, their other rabbit died earlier this year because her oldest daughter killed it HBWS
We are both so angry that she has actually thought this is a good idea, but didn't know she was doing it so couldn't talk her out of it. There's no point saying anything to her because she'll just get defensive and be immature about it and we can't do anything to help the rabbit Sad...we are both really worried now.

I think, from what I can remember his sister told me is that her daughter kept shaking Poppy and throwing her in the cage etc. then came up stairs and just said "The rabbits dead" and walked off....she's 8, so she knew what she was doing...
Such a frustrating situation and I can't say anything No so thought I'd vent it out on here as I know you'll all understand....
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Fuming!! Empty Re: Fuming!!

Post by Velvet.Tears Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:30 am

Hmm if you can't talk to them then i'd call RSPCA thats horrible that poor bunny. Save this bun before it gets hurt.
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 am

Can't you arrange for it to 'disappear' one night
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:10 am

It's such a difficult situation though as nothing has happened yet, we can't prove anything did happen before...we will just have to hope that things are treated more responsibly this time.
My OH doesn't want to fall out with his sister at Christmas, but he said he'll say something to her soon...
I remember when it happened my OH had to go round there and bury Poppy and he was crying when he came home...it wasn't even his rabbit.
Grrrr, why are people so stupid?!
Poppy was taken care of properly by his sister, but there was a lot of disruption at their home earlier this year and that is when it happened :/....initially she was going to get a kitten for them for Christmas... Mad
Oh I don't know, I can't do anything to help this situation atm as nothing has happened yet so we will have to wait and see how it unfolds...

And Snowy, we rarely go round her house and we don't see them much Sad....otherwise I'd quite happily some how arrange for the rabbit to "escape", as that seems like a good plan!
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:50 am

Ninja stealth tears at your service Wink
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:52 am

Oh no, how terrible. I do hope the little rabbit is safe and well looked after. It might still be a good idea to report it to the RSPCA as there has already been violence against a bunny in your sister in laws home. Your OH has had to bury one rabbit and I'm sure a visit with a warning from rspca will go a long way towards him not having to bury another. Sorry if that sounds harsh, I realise you are in a very difficult situation.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:44 pm

Oh hun this is just awful.

This bun really could be in danger of pain and suffering.

Perhaps more regular visits?

God I hope she can be rescued.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:10 pm

It doesn't sound harsh, I just don't know how she can prevent it happening again...Tbh from what she said on facebook about it, it doesn't even seem like she's that bothered...ARGHH!!

We get invited round there a lot, I think we will just have to try and get round there more, hoping my OH will say something when he goes round there! I hope no harm comes to this bunny either Sad..it's hard for me to decide what to do - her kids are at their dads for Christmas so they aren't there atm, but will be back tomorrow. I don't know why you would buy a child a pet who clearly doesn't like animals, it's ridiculous...
They do have other pets, snakes and stuff...but obviously the little girl can't pick them up so they are fine... Sad I just really wish this hadn't of put me in such a difficult situation, if she was more mature about things it would be easy to talk to her about it and maybe persuade her to give the rabbit up, but we think she will just be defensive and stupid about it.... HBWS
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:20 pm

[b] Very akward situation where family is concerned I should know don't let it spoil anything for you (allthough it allready has) if you dont want to report due to be related let the address slip to a friend. Keep smiling it will work out OK if you play it rite Crying or Very sad
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:08 pm

Yeah I think that is how it is gonna have to go, just keep a close eye on things! Thanks for everyone being understanding about the situation :/
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivi Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:33 pm

Well after Daisy, my sister's rabbit that she wasn't looking after properly.. All I can say is... Keep an eye on things best you can. And if it's looking like the rabbit is really going to suffer, then plan on doing something, like back-yard theft or calling the RSPCA.

Its a really awful situation to be in, but you must also remember it isn't your fault at all, and try not to let it get to you too much, though I know this is hard to do!

I hope everything works out for all concerned, especially the poor bunny
Vivi
Vivi
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:35 pm

All you could think about doing is try to get your SIL for a quiet chat and suggest that they swop the rabbit for something like a hamster that her daughters can handle easier. Remind her how the other rabbit died because of her daughter being rough with it. However, she needs to be there when they are handling the animal and if anything happens to it you will report them to the RSPCA.

NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down