Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am Fuming!!!!

+8
Sparky
fall3n-ang3l
fiver
icedancer
bobtek85
Velvet.Tears
Jay
emma.b_90
12 posters

Go down

I am Fuming!!!! Empty I am Fuming!!!!

Post by emma.b_90 Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:50 am

Well i've just had a rude awakening from the R.S.P.C.A!!!! My busy body neighbour has reported me for 'neglecting' magnum!! Stupid interfering Mad cow! I know its her as when i first got magnum i told her about him peeing red....which after ringing the vet, found out it was perfectly normal as change in food, new home and even the weather can cause this and not to worry unless the consistencey changes. Anyway i told my neighbour about the pee and straight away she said he needs to get look at as it sounds like he's peeing blood, tried to explain about the vet conversation but she was having none of it...So when the R.S.P.C.A woman came she mentioned this was 1 of the issuse raised and also the 'cage' in which magnum was 'kept' in was too small.

I let the lady in, showed her round, show her magnums extended home. Explained that although it is smaller than other rabbit homes ive seen he's not kept in the cage other than on a night time when we go to bed as i feel this is safer for him, through out the day and evening he has full roam of the downstairs. And as for his pee its now changed from redish colour to light yellow. Needless to say i got a bit mad Mad , then upset Crying or Very sad . I even started to show her his food and toys in a crazed flurry! Embarassed

Anyway when she arrived i already had magnums home cleaned out and he was sat happily eating his breakfast completely ignorant to the fact that his mum was about to have a nervous breakdown and ready to rugby tackle this woman if she tried to take him!

She was actually a very nice lady, and did her job well. I explained about where he came from and she said considering his start in life he's doing very well, seems very healthy and happy and she has no issues with his housing or care. And that she will be having words with the 'person' who complained for wasting time!

Honestly what a morning! Shocked Rolling Eyes
emma.b_90
emma.b_90
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

I am Fuming!!!! Empty Re: I am Fuming!!!!

Post by Jay Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:15 am

They must get so sick of being 'used' for spite, what a waste of time and resources.

TBH, I'm a bit suprised that they came out - they aren't known for diong this for one rabbit, although it does depend on each branch - officers and funds.

Glad it all went ok, if your neighbour tries that one again, they'll know not to bother next time.
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Velvet.Tears Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:26 am

I know how you feel someone did this to me last year and it deeply upset because everyone who knows me know how much I love my animals and they are always first. I also got same reaction from RSPCA woman she said I can see they are all clearly very well looked after, she was only coming round at the time to check on the kittens but after they had all gone she stopped coming round as there was no reason to anymore. It is horrible when someone calls you neglectful when you are not. Hugs
Velvet.Tears
Velvet.Tears
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 5578
Registration date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by bobtek85 Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:30 am

Scoop up all the bunny 'raisins' and post them to her. HBWS
I feel Magnum would approve.
bobtek85
bobtek85
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2011-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:38 am

Jeez I think I'd have to be held back from giving the neighbour a piece of my mind!

Hugs to you, noone can say you neglect Magnum
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fiver Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:43 am

what an utter b your neighbour is Mad Mad
you so obviously care very much for magnum and she is a jealous small minded person who if i were you would ignore.
you can hold your head up high as you showed her that you are the better person
good for you.
Hugs Hugs Hugs

fiver
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 10155
Registration date : 2011-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:00 pm

I'd be shocked if i hadn't heard it so many times before - it's like calling 999 for a wind up, just so wrong.

Hope you're ok Emma Hugs
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by fall3n-ang3l Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:16 pm

Hugs not suprised you are fuming,steam would have been coming out of my ears,i know one thing for sure i would hardly talk to her again! at least you know hes very well cared for and looked after,hope your ok and glad to hear Magnum wasnt too bothered
fall3n-ang3l
fall3n-ang3l
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4317
Registration date : 2011-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:06 pm

Sorry she upset you, and what a mean neighbour. I'd dig under the fence, eat all her plants and poop in her garden if I was you Twisted Evil

Isn't it a little reassuring to know that the RSPCA *did* come out though?
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:43 pm

I would put on a brave face with her and say that you had a surprise visit from the RSPCA and that the lady was absolutely delighted with where Magnum lived and praised you for being a wonderful bunny owner. Really egg the pudding and don't give her the pleasure in seeing that she's upset you ......

then put dog poo through her door! Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:53 pm

NickieM wrote:I would put on a brave face with her and say that you had a surprise visit from the RSPCA and that the lady was absolutely delighted with where Magnum lived and praised you for being a wonderful bunny owner. Really egg the pudding and don't give her the pleasure in seeing that she's upset you ......

then put dog poo through her door! Laughing

I read on the internet about someone who put dog poo under their neighbours car door handles! Also when the neighbour went away they poured some water through the letter box following by some grass seed...

Not that I'm suggesting you do either of those!!
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:04 pm

I love the idea about the grass seed! That is just so evil. Laughing Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:19 pm

When I was a student an someone blamed me for him loosing his job (it was his fault for walking out leaving the pub unstaffed because I was late in) he came in the night and smashed eggs in the air vents on the bonnet of my car. It was a horrid smelly mess.

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:38 pm

I agree with Nickie - she would hate it if you rubbed it in about what a fab bunny mum you are!

I am impressed that the RSPCA are checking complaints about buns though (even though it was wrong this time).

Hopefully if they came out for the sake of one bun they also went to check out the breeder when you reported it. x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by 4390evans Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:58 pm

icedancer wrote:Jeez I think I'd have to be held back from giving the neighbour a piece of my mind!

Hugs to you, noone can say you neglect Magnum

Piece of knuckle sandwich more like, bloody busy body!
4390evans
4390evans
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1063
Registration date : 2011-08-01

http://www.mmatotalcombat.com

Back to top Go down

Post by emma.b_90 Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:18 pm

Hey thanks guys, just seen all your posts. I'm loving the dog poo and grass seed ideas! Laughing

All the sugestions made me chuckle which i've needed today, been a poo day, first the visit, then my mitzy has been taken to the vets with a suspected water infection! Sad

On the plus side i am glad the R.S.P.C.A came out for the call, shows they really do try to help every animal regardless of breed or quantity. And i have news that the lady i got magnum from has had a visit, they have given her chance to sort the situation out herself apparently she has a week and if there are no changes or she hasnt meet there requirements then the animals will be removed....according to the lady i spoke to there was also a dog that wasnt in very good health either!!

Apparently its there aim to help a person learn by there mistakes and correct them than it is to remove the animal/s at first visit.....I dont know.....if it was me i would have removed them....maybe im a bit harsh!!
emma.b_90
emma.b_90
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 194
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jalith3 Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:51 pm

This is so sickening...
The call to you, a responsible pet owner by the RSPCA cost resources and money. It should have been spent finding those that are neglectful or abusive and there are plenty of those.
However you might find that it would have taken the inspector a few seconds only to realise that it was a wasted visit.
The neighbour should be sent a bill for wasted time if somehow it could be proved that she was being vindictive.
s

jalith3
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2011-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down