Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grooming?

4 posters

Go down

Grooming? Empty Grooming?

Post by Indie22 Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:21 pm

How often do you all groom your buns and how do they take it.

I usually brush my lops once a week although they never really need it, lion lops get once a week and a quick going over their manes every couple of days. I dread to think the brushing in an angora because the cross that I got is being groomed everyday and thats with half the coat missing. Just looking to prevent her needing long grooming sessions. Today we practised lying upside down for a tummy and bum brush and she was so cute falling asleep. All my lops will lie upside down for grooming apart from dylan but the lion lops seem to hate it so I practised with nougat too. We just done it for seconds, the minute she sat calmly I sat her up and she got hugs so it should come in time. I make it important that any animal I have can be touched/groomed all over without issues for the sake of tangles and health checks, theres a lot of bunnies that dont want you near them though.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2010-03-08

http://www.eladonnsreptiles.com

Back to top Go down

Grooming? Empty Re: Grooming?

Post by becky Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:40 pm

Trip likes being brushed so every couple of days. Scarlett I check for tangles but she hardly ever gets any and Trip usually gets in there before me if she has hay or something stuck in her fur. They both get a bunny massage once a week so I usually give Scarlett a quick brush at the same time and she tolerates it but she wouldn't lay there and just be brushed like he would without having the massage first. If they are moulting then I brush them everyday Very Happy

becky
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2714
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:26 am

Stewie won't sit on my legs (yet) so has to be groomed on the floor, but he loves it! He pushes his body into the brush Laughing I can lift his front paws and do his underneath, but only for a moment. I brush him a couple of times a week, but hardly anything comes off him. Bertie was constantly hairy, I had to proper groom him every day.
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:28 pm

Thistle will let us prettymuch pullhim about any which way to check him out, as long as we don't have to pick him up! He is such a wriggler...he has really short fur so we don't brush him often. Atm cus of the cone we have to wipe him down a lot though and clean his bum! Luna is pretty much her own ladyand things have to be done on her terms, so it's whenever we can catch her. Cut her claws the other day, pretty sure the fur on her feet has got longer because I didn't realise how long her claws had got, they were hidden underneath all this tufty hair >_<!
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Im still grooming taffie everyday but shes a star. Need to clip some of the rabbits nails though. The ones that have access to concrete are fine.

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2010-03-08

http://www.eladonnsreptiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down