Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Picking New Bunny up Today!! U/D 1 little pic added

+11
Josephine
Catsknickers
bunnymadhouse
March Hare
racheld69
Happy Hoppers
becky
Jay
FudgesMummy
p_prod_uk
Kirsty&Lola
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Picking New Bunny up Today!! U/D 1 little pic added Empty Picking New Bunny up Today!! U/D 1 little pic added

Post by Kirsty&Lola Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:39 am

We've been waiting 3 weeks for Houdini to have his jabs at BARC and today's the day we take Lola to meet him and hope they fall in love :luv: If they hit it off we will be bringing them home to bond them Shocked (which is making me a little nervous)

I'm so excited though because he's just the most gentle bunny ever :luv: :luv:

Last edited by Kirsty&Lola on Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:18 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Picking New Bunny up Today!! U/D 1 little pic added Empty Re: Picking New Bunny up Today!! U/D 1 little pic added

Post by p_prod_uk Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:47 am

oooh!! good luck!!!

p_prod_uk
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Back to top Go down

Picking New Bunny up Today!! U/D 1 little pic added Empty Re: Picking New Bunny up Today!! U/D 1 little pic added

Post by FudgesMummy Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:06 am

oh we hope its love for lola....dont forget the piccies!!!
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1577
Registration date : 2008-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:14 am

Good luck Smile
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by becky Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:16 am

Awww good luck!! x

becky
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2714

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:28 am

Woohoo cheers
I suggest taking something calming for Angie's nerves with you Laughing, let me know how it goes....mobile is on standby for text support!
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirsty&Lola Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:35 am

Sooz wrote:Woohoo cheers
I suggest taking something calming for Angie's nerves with you Laughing, let me know how it goes....mobile is on standby for text support!

thanks Sooz, you may be my Angel today. I'm getting butterflies thinking about it...and seen as Angie is nervous too we will be a right pair Laughing
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:04 am

What time are you leaving?
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:16 am

good luck! albino albino
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirsty&Lola Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:26 am

Sooz wrote:What time are you leaving?

we are leaving in about an hour. gotta wait for andy to get back from work, have dinner then off we go. I had a dream that we went to Angies but forgot Lola Laughing

What do i need to put in the bathroom for bonding e.g litter tray? somewhere to hide?
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:29 am

Some boxes that are open at both ends, or something for Lola to jump on if she wont fit in a box Laughing, don't use a litter tray to start with but put some paper down.

Water, hay, towels on the floor if it's laminate to prevent injury and if neither are food posessive scatter some treats about for them.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirsty&Lola Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:33 am

thanks Sooz:) i'll get on with that in a minute. I am going to be brave (repeats all the way to Barnsley.lol)
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by March Hare Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:54 pm

That ius absolutely FANTASTIC news!!!!! cheers Very Happy Can't wait for updates later.....best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
March Hare
March Hare
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 821
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirsty&Lola Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:40 pm

well...we are home and all is quiet on the Western Front. They were both really well behaved at Angies - no scuffles just ignored each other and then Lola was giving Houdini a good sniff. They are currently sat in the carrier in the bathroom. I'm going to keep them like that until after tea and then let them out and see how it goes.
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy Hoppers Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:44 pm

Sounds like a plan Smile
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bunnymadhouse Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:01 pm

they were both very very good here ...

i did whisper in houdinis ear this morning that if he was very good he would be going to live as a very pampered house bun ...i think he may have been a little surprised by the size of his new wife though Shocked
would explain why he was so quiet ... Laughing ..i forgot to mention she was a big bunny Laughing

i think we were very brave kirsty .... dont you ... Thumbs Up

bunnymadhouse
Rescuer

Number of posts : 495
Registration date : 2008-07-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirsty&Lola Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:49 pm

well we have had our first scuffle and my heart was in my mouth! H tried humping Lola and she nipped him. He did it again and she went to nip him again. Now i know i have to leave them to it but i'm starting to panic a little. what happens when im at work tomorrow?? Hmmm

All advice VERY welcome
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:07 pm

hows it doing???

any pics???
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirsty&Lola Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:18 pm

i'm a nervous wreck. i'm assured what they are doing is normal but its so hard to watch. H is humping Lola who in turn nips him in disgust. Lola just jumped over the baby gate Shocked Theres thumping of feet and periods of quiet and laying down. I just don't know if i'm doing it right and what happens when i'm at work tomorrow....oh i'm so worried Hmmm
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:25 pm

keep calm, tomorrow is a long way off and lola may realise that h has something good for her!

make yourself a coffee/tea and open a packet of biscuits
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirsty&Lola Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:28 pm

FudgesMummy wrote:keep calm, tomorrow is a long way off and lola may realise that h has something good for her!

make yourself a coffee/tea and open a packet of biscuits

Excellent plan! things are quiet at the minute. H is hiding in the lid to the carrier and Lola is flopped out in the hay. Lola has done so dubious soft poos aswell Embarassed i think its just the nerves
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by FudgesMummy Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:38 pm

sounds like its all got too much for lola so has decied to chill out and see if H makes his next move.

enjoy that cuppa-perhaps some peppermint for the buns Wave
FudgesMummy
FudgesMummy
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:15 am

Well you aren't having full on scuffles and I would say that that is a good thing. Thinking of you, keep us updated and ... erm... PICS PWEASE!! Laughing
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Picking New Bunny up Today!! U/D 1 little pic added Empty WE HAVE GROOMING!!

Post by Kirsty&Lola Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:03 am

Well they are currently say together and Alfie has been licking Lola head, ears and eyes and even tried to lick her poorly foot where she lost her nail last night :luv: I am still worried about leaving them when i am at work though. I leave at 11:30am and OH won't be home until 3:30 today. What do you think? If i am still panicing i will put Alfie (Houdini) in a pen in the same room as Lola (a neutral room) so they can still see each other. They have been together since 1:30pm yesterday afternoon.
Kirsty&Lola
Kirsty&Lola
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by racheld69 Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:04 pm

oh no - you have left already! i would prob leave them if they are looking ok - is a tough call as i know how stressy bonding is!
racheld69
racheld69
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3256

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next