Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vibes for Dexy Please/Update Back at the vet today 27/1

+9
Jay
jolovesbunnies
LilyGrace
KatieB
Becki
Vince the bunny
Catsknickers
Grin
Josephine
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Vibes for Dexy Please/Update Back at the vet today 27/1 Empty Vibes for Dexy Please/Update Back at the vet today 27/1

Post by Josephine Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:16 pm

Dexy is currently at the vets, he is having an xray to see if they can find out what is causing his back legs to stop functioning properly. He has been receiving treatment since last May for this problem, but over the last month it has just got really bad. He cannot get in and out of his litter tray and his back legs are soaked in urine and he has lost most of his fur on left leg. He was on Metacam last week, but it did not really help and I rushed him back to vets on Monday. He had an injection of Baytril and steroids which perked him up on Monday evening but on Tuesday morning he was soaked again and hardly moved. He has been having baytril twice a day, but there is only a slight improvement and he is still needing to be cleaned frequently. They tested his urnine this morning and the only thing the vet seemed concerned about was that there was some protein there. I don't know how bad that is though.
Anyway I have to phone at 2 o'clock so lots of vibes would be very much appreciated. Thanks.
x

Last edited by jomart on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 3380
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Dexy Please/Update Back at the vet today 27/1 Empty Re: Vibes for Dexy Please/Update Back at the vet today 27/1

Post by Grin Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:13 pm

Poor Dexy!! Wishing him all the best. xxxx
Grin
Grin
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-06-29

Back to top Go down

Vibes for Dexy Please/Update Back at the vet today 27/1 Empty Re: Vibes for Dexy Please/Update Back at the vet today 27/1

Post by Josephine Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:04 pm

Thanks for the good wishes.
Dexy has had his xray and nothing has really shown up on it. No spinal damage or bladder stones. His urine sample was absolutely fine too.
The vet thinks it may be nerve damage along the lines of MS in humans and that the nerve could be enclosed in a sheath of fat. To be
honest I did'nt really understand it all and have probably come away remembering only a tiny bit of what was said. He has to have 1 Prednisolone
tablet every morning and some Evening Primrose Oil. I have to take him back in a week to see how he has got on.
I really hope this helps as it is pityful watching our poor little man trying to get around and always being soaked in urine.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Oh hun thinking of you and Dexy bless him. It is awful when their illness is a mystery and you don't really know what to do for the best. Poor wee chap. Sending lots of vibes to you both xxx Hugs
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:15 pm

sending best wishes and bunny cuddles to Dexy xxxx
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Becki Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:08 pm

Oh Gosh, I don't know what to say. I know that it breaks your heart watching someone you love in such a sorry state & wishing you knew what to do to make it better. Just show him lots of love, I guess - is all you can do. Thinking of you & Dexy XX
Becki
Becki
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:08 pm

Oh goodness Jo, Im sending him a million vibes!

Poor little man.

I'm wondering if Mr Chitty might be able to help at all?

Sending hugs for you too hun x x x x x x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:26 pm

How r Bri and Mindy doing hun? Hope they are at least being able to make you smile when you have all this worry over Dexy x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:02 pm

Brian and Mindy are doing really well Charlotte. They keep me on my toes,
always running around my feet looking for food. Brian's is a bit snuffly again, did you take him to see the vet at regular intervals or only if you thought he was worse than usual? x
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:06 pm

Only if I thought he was worse than usual hun. He was alway snuffly and sometimes mor than others. Glad they are keeping you busy. Sexy Rexy Bri Love x
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:36 am

No sorry to hear this...I really hope they find out what is causing so much trouble...Sending vibes from me and my buns xxx
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:25 pm

Hugs on their way.

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:46 pm

I'm sorry to hear this Jo, missed it yesterday somehow. I hope Dexy's gonna be ok, lots of vibes xxx
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by AprilGirl Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:33 pm

Hugs. Hugs
My Dad has ms and used to take presnisalone (sp) and takes evening primrose too, hopefully it'll give him a remission. Poor little fella
E xxx
AprilGirl
AprilGirl
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 511
Registration date : 2009-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:53 pm

Thanks for the hugs and vibes. This morning I got really upset when I went downstaris to see how Dexy was. He was trying to move around but could not get his back legs to work and just kept going around in backward circles. I thought about phoning the vet as I really thought i should put have him put out of his misery, anyway I decided that maybe I should give him another day or so to see if the medication will start to make him feel better. His back left leg just seems to be totally useless and the skin on his left thigh is completely
bare and very pink. We are both beside ouselves with worry about him. I don't want him suffering, but I don't want to lose him either.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:23 pm

Oh honey, Im so sorry he doesnt seem to be improving.

I really hope he can get through this bless him.

Sending love. Katie x x x x
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:16 pm

How's Dexy today Jo?
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:13 pm

Today Dexly seems a lot better, his bottom and legs were'nt wet at all, his skin is not so painful looking and in fact some of his fur seems to be coming back in already. He has been very quiet, staying mainly in his carrier, which is front opening and not moving around much at all. I moved him from the carrier, so he had to run back over to it, to see how his mobility was and I am pleased to say it was not too bad at all. He certainly had a lot more control.
He is now out in the shed for a wee while, so he can catch up with his wifebun Bonnie, as they are missing each other. She immediately started grroming him, which was lovely to see. She was indoors at first, but is such a filthy little madam that she stunk out the whole house and with Roger's business here, that is not something that he will tolerate. Anyway if things carry on as they are I will let Dexy out during the day and bring him in at night.
Thank you for your concern Jay and I hope you manage to find a solution to Stewie Bunsta's sore hocks. x
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:27 pm

I am really sorry to have missed this. Sending lots of good wishes for Dexy. It is awful when there is no clear cut plan of action and the problem comes and goes. Glad he is feeling a little better. Fingers crossed that he gets a lot better from now on. Steroids can do a lot of good.

Hugs Hugs Hugs Hugs
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:41 pm

Glad he is feeling a bit better today jo. Im sending more vibes that this is just on the first step on the road to getting better,
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:52 pm

How is Dexy doing now Jo??
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:22 am

Thanks for asking Katie, Dexy's legs seem a bit stronger now. and he seems he a bit happier in himself.
I have decided to keep him in all the time now, as whenever I put him back in the shed he just ends up
with wet legs again. He is eating well, which is a good thing and he does'nt seem to be in any
pain at the moment. x
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Snowy Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:41 am

Oh crikey, I missed this, I am so sorry to read about Dexy, is he getting any better?, when you bring him in do you bring his wife with him?, is there anywhere you can put them so as they are together?, I really hope that he continues to improve, sending you hugs Hugs Hugs
Snowy
Snowy
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 6022
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Josephine Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:52 am

I did bring her in at first, but I have to keep them in the kitchen, which is next door to Roger's surgery.
Bonnie is very smelly, I clean her up with baby wipes but she still smells, so Roger just wont tolerate
having her indoors. Also she gets very stressed and jumps at every movement and noise we
make.
Josephine
Josephine
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:30 am

I'm glad to hear sexy Dexy is feeling better Jo, hope you can work something out with Bonnie, sending lots of vibes xx
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next