Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have to go back to the vets today

+3
Tuckerbunnies
Thumper2001
marleyNfriends
7 posters

Go down

I have to go back to the vets today Empty I have to go back to the vets today

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:54 am

Im dreading today even more than yesterday. Its placement day, i have no idea how im going to feel going back there. Having to stand in the ops room all morning where i said goodbye to Davie, and clean the consult rooms where i said bye to Skye and the cattery cages that was all set up for them when i was in there last time. Not sure how im going to keep a brave face for 7 and a half hours. I have a card to say thank you, but i dont want them to say anything about them, but ill be equally upset if they dont. Sad
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4163
Registration date : 2011-07-04

Back to top Go down

I have to go back to the vets today Empty Re: I have to go back to the vets today

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:21 am

I know what you mean by the last part of your post. It bugs me that people don't dare mention Thumper around me. I know they only avoid talking about her because they don't think I can handle it, but it's like she never existed and it makes me mad!!

The only person who ever mentions Thumper to me is one of my friends that I've known since I was 5. I love her all the more for it!!! It's nice to know she thinks about her too.

I will be thinking of you today Hugs Let us know how it goes.
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Number of posts : 13766
Registration date : 2011-04-26

Back to top Go down

I have to go back to the vets today Empty Re: I have to go back to the vets today

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:35 am

Thumper2001 wrote:I know what you mean by the last part of your post. It bugs me that people don't dare mention Thumper around me. I know they only avoid talking about her because they don't think I can handle it, but it's like she never existed and it makes me mad!!

The only person who ever mentions Thumper to me is one of my friends that I've known since I was 5. I love her all the more for it!!! It's nice to know she thinks about her too.

I will be thinking of you today Hugs Let us know how it goes.
I have called in to say im still coming, but ill be in some time between 10 and 11am. I got in a real state this morning and brought Dolly in, Marley hasnt forgiven me for clipping his claws yet! Shes not often a licky bun, but i got showered with kisses, and she then proceeded to dig and eat my dressingown. Love Mum said i need to go back today, or ill just find it harder, and my friend text me to remind me why i started this course in the first place, and how hard i worked to try and get this placement, and its all because of the bunnies. ...which made me cry more, but im glad she said it.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:24 pm

Hope you will be ok,

Thinking of you xxx Hugs

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:31 pm

I hope it went ok. I think your Mum was right (they usually are) and this will be the hardest day - I hope it wasn't too upsetting for you Hugs
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:01 pm

How did it go Sophia?
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:11 pm

Hi guys. Ive been on using my phone, but wanted to wait until i got home. Ive only just come online, as ive been playing with Marley, now that hes finally forgiven me for his trauma yesterday! Rolling Eyes

Again, its been pretty up and down, like every day really. Going in at 11 was a good idea, as it was busy, so i could just get on with things. Rebbecca and Bec said my card was lovely. I told them that if Davie and Skye's ashes came back today or next Friday i didnt want them to tell me until i was about to leave. The receptionist wasnt aware though, and as i was cleaning kits she just said my bunnies were back. Then i had a cry Crying or Very sad but within a couple of minutes, i stuck myself in the finger with some towel clips, so that really hurt! I immediately thought of the pair of them though, almost like it was to shock me out of it and say Stop crying we're fine and we're coming home.

I did feel a bit shaky for a while though, and the manager asked me to put some x-rays through. I hate doing it at the best of times as you have to stand in a pitch black cupboard while you swap the films around wait for the machine to beep. If any light gets on any of the films theyre ruined. - I almost started to panic and forgot to put the lid back on the box of fresh films, luckily there was only one slide in there, but i was papping myself a bit.

Thankfully though, its been very busy. We had a bunny come in which had to have an op to remove bladder stones, so i payed her a bit of attention and that was nice, i clipped her claws for her and pointed out her sore hocks. There were some long ops today, so i just got on with things adn kept myself busy.

They were cremated at Elyssian Fields, and came back in a lovely round box with trees printed on and an engraved lid that said Davey and Skye - Mum gave the wrong spelling for Davie though Sad which upset me a bit as it cant be changed now. They also came back with 2 little bouquets of flowers, one in a blue ribbon for Davie and one in pink for Skye. Its just nive to have them home where they belong, they will stay in their box until i decide what to do with them and get a smaller keepsake box to keep some of their ashes.

If anyone has seen any simple, but pretty photo frames please let me know. Im getting some pictures printed of all teh buns, but im going to put 2 of Davie and Skye in frames.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sparky Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:31 pm

I'm glad it wasn't too bad, and at least you have them home instead of wondering all day whether they were going to come this week or next.

marleyNfriends wrote:They were cremated at Elyssian Fields, and came back in a lovely round box with trees printed on and an engraved lid that said Davey and Skye - Mum gave the wrong spelling for Davie though Sad which upset me a bit as it cant be changed now.
If it is going to bother you, I'd give the pet crem a ring and see if they can change it - people in professions such as that do tend to be incredibly compassionate and sympathetic Thumbs Up

marleyNfriends wrote:If anyone has seen any simple, but pretty photo frames please let me know. Im getting some pictures printed of all teh buns, but im going to put 2 of Davie and Skye in frames.
That *really* depends on your taste. Humum got something like this (clicky) for her Aunt for Christmas.
Sparky
Sparky
Senior Hopper
Senior Hopper

Number of posts : 8037
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuckerbunnies Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:53 pm

I'm glad the day went ok apart from what the receptionist said about Davie and Skye being back, but like you said she wasn't aware Hugs

I find the 'Card Factory' has pretty photo frames, I bought two recently for photos of my Mum and Dad. They also have a good choice.

Tuckerbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 15875

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Sparky wrote:I'm glad it wasn't too bad, and at least you have them home instead of wondering all day whether they were going to come this week or next.

marleyNfriends wrote:They were cremated at Elyssian Fields, and came back in a lovely round box with trees printed on and an engraved lid that said Davey and Skye - Mum gave the wrong spelling for Davie though Sad which upset me a bit as it cant be changed now.
If it is going to bother you, I'd give the pet crem a ring and see if they can change it - people in professions such as that do tend to be incredibly compassionate and sympathetic Thumbs Up

marleyNfriends wrote:If anyone has seen any simple, but pretty photo frames please let me know. Im getting some pictures printed of all teh buns, but im going to put 2 of Davie and Skye in frames.
That *really* depends on your taste. Humum got something like this (clicky) for her Aunt for Christmas.
I like the butterflies on that frame Love and the colour of them, but i dont like the rest of the frame. Maysie, ill have a look in the card factory next time im at college Smile The Range might have some nice ones too Dad said.

I dont think im going to bother calling the crem, as i wont be keeping them in there forever. Keeping all of their ashes in the box sort of makes me feel like im holding them back, and keeping them here. When the time is right, ill be scattering them where wild bunnies play, so they can be totally free. I dont think of them always being here with me, their souls are free, and i think of them more as guides, they are there when you need them. This poem really does sum up how i think of them.

Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die

If i can make the HH meet, i may scatter them at Watership Down, or the New Forrest if we go this summer failing that, a nice place on the moors or dales.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by icedancer Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:17 pm

HH meet?

Glad it went ok today, its never easy doing something like that, you were very brave.

Hugs

Glad Marley has forgiven you Very Happy
icedancer
icedancer
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 4732
Registration date : 2011-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Thumper2001 Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:25 pm

I bet your glad today is over with Hugs

It was the same people that cremated Thumper. I thought the certificate and flowers were a really nice touch. I would have been upset about the wrong spelling of Davie's name too Sad

The poem is lovely and I'm glad they are back home where they belong, I'm sure when you are ready you will find the perfect place to scatter them together Hugs
Thumper2001
Thumper2001
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JoeyBunsMum Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:46 pm

Hugs Hugs

JoeyBunsMum
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2784
Registration date : 2011-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by marleyNfriends Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:37 am

Carla, i dont know if there is one this year, i just read about it somewhere recently, and thought that it would be a nice place to scatter them.

I read the poem to Mum, she looked at me and dissapeared, then came back 5 minutes later with the same poem on a piece of nice paper that she had been saving for years. She said its the one she wants reading at her funeral. How odd that we would pick the same poem and both have the same ideas about what happens afterwards.
marleyNfriends
marleyNfriends
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:50 pm

I am sending lots of love at this sad time. I really don;t know what I will do when Snfufie goes, so I can very well understand the pain you are in. I am sending some comforts too as I think these are needed and I hope they help, if only a little.

Hugs

JO xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down