Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home stealing animals!

+6
Vince the bunny
Lottie
LilyGrace
KatieB
Grin
lexybee91
10 posters

Go down

Home stealing animals! Empty Home stealing animals!

Post by lexybee91 Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:53 am

I thought it was funny, to think of all the different places people keep their animals. Some in a "bunnyroom" others outside,others in converted garages.

so where do you keep yours? In what?

Mine are scattered at the moment, untill Jacks operation. Isobelle has free run of the kitchen. Jack has free run of the living room but has a nice big hutch to live in when we're not about. Isobelle has a Hay pile in the kitchen we sweet it into a nice pile,and two minuets later it's exactly as it was before we swept! Jack has his hay pile on a peice of spare carpet and does exactly the same thing. They started out with hay bowls but soon got bored of that.

xox
lexybee91
lexybee91
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-24

Back to top Go down

Home stealing animals! Empty Re: Home stealing animals!

Post by Grin Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:59 am

Mine live in an outhouse - it is a room that is attached to the kitchen - although it's only partially double glazed, single skin walls and no heating.

The have a hutch too but the door has been taken off. They have free run of it.
Grin
Grin
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2010-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by lexybee91 Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:03 am

Are they not cold? Sad Sounds brill though Very Happy I guess if they're used to being in there then it would be fine. I think Jack and isobelle would think it was an iceage! xx
lexybee91
lexybee91
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Grin Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:09 am

No - it's never that cold in there - they lots of protection from the elements and as it is attached to the house, it must still get some warmth. I check the temperature in there as we have a remote weather station thingy and i've put the sensor under their hutch.

It has never dipped below 2 degrees C - even in all the snow and freezing temperatures we had. We have got them snugglesafes for when it's really cold.

Lucky was a house bun and i dont think he managed with the heat very well when we had that hot weather last year. We put him in the outhouse and he seems much happier - just before winter set in, we got him a friend for snuggling up to too.

He has more space out there because for his safety, we had to lock him up when we went out or at night - now he's never locked up and they get a fair bit of space 24/7 (even more when i get them in the garden).
Grin
Grin
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lexybee91 Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:14 am

that's really clever, except now I am panicking that my bunnies are too hot....do you think they're too hot should I put their hutch outside, can tehy get heat stroke....could they die....what if I wake up and they're dead....ahh help! xx
lexybee91
lexybee91
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Grin Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:20 am

Haha - i am sure you are worrying too much. I'm sorry - i didnt mean to worry you.

My buns were moved purely for the space issue and not really to do with heat. I like the house to be warm - and my heating is on pretty much constantly. Our living room is quite small and air doesnt circulate so Lucky used to flop a lot - i thought it was cute but looking back i think it might have also been a little heat related. I didnt move him out because of heat though - they just get more space there.

So long as they are not in direct contact with heat (like right next to a radiator) they will be fine. Smile I am sure you are doing your best and will find what works for them. Wave
Grin
Grin
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lexybee91 Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:22 am

Grin wrote:Haha - i am sure you are worrying too much. I'm sorry - i didnt mean to worry you.

My buns were moved purely for the space issue and not really to do with heat. I like the house to be warm - and my heating is on pretty much constantly. Our living room is quite small and air doesnt circulate so Lucky used to flop a lot - i thought it was cute but looking back i think it might have also been a little heat related. I didnt move him out because of heat though - they just get more space there.

So long as they are not in direct contact with heat (like right next to a radiator) they will be fine. Smile I am sure you are doing your best and will find what works for them. Wave

It's okay not your fault I'm easily sent into panic about the small things, then when something serious happens i'm all action and battle stations. It's the small things in life I can't cope with. PMSL. I learnt to laugh at myself a long time ago though Smile

Jack hops about quiet alot and of an evening he flops out on the fluffy rug. His ears are warm but not like mycotically hot! He drinks as much as he likes but I don't think he's too hot....I don't know though.....
lexybee91
lexybee91
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:41 am

I think provided it is a stable temp they are fine.

So they would struggle going from 2 degrees to 30 degrees or the other way round but if they are used to house tempreatures they will be fine with house temperatures and if they are used to outside temperatures they will be fine with outside temperatures. just not a good idea to go between the two.

Daisy lives in the extension by the kitchen. He has the free run of the whole house accept for the living room where only supervised visits are allowed. He has a whole area thats his and chooses to sleep under the extension sofa so we put a blankey and some extra hay under there for him.

Here is a pic of daisy's area. The big white blankey is now replaced with an even bigger bunny proof rug.

Home stealing animals! Daisy25march2010021 picture of Daisy's Area.

KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by lexybee91 Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:47 am

Awww....cutie baby! There's a photo of me with my foster sister with a blanket over a sofa playing forts, that's the image in my head butwith a bunny tehe x
lexybee91
lexybee91
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:50 am

Mine are in my bedroom...they are shut in their cage/pen when we aren't here but have free range when we are in. Can't be out unsupervised because atm it's not 100% bunny proof and my OH has his recording equipment in here Rolling Eyes
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by lexybee91 Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:52 am

oh, recording equipment? What sort? What microphones, condensers or dynamics? What pattern do they have....Very Happy xox
lexybee91
lexybee91
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by LilyGrace Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:53 am

Haha I don't knowww, he doesn't have loads but there's lots of wires....it's for his guitar and singing. Nothing spectacular atm but he's got a full time job starting sunday so I expect when he gets paid there'll be loads of new additions, I'm pretty clueless on it all really..I just stick to my painting haha
LilyGrace
LilyGrace
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2274
Registration date : 2010-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottie Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:54 pm

Chewy lives in a hutch/run that we keep indoors in the living room.
He gets daily outdoor time outside though, most of the time he spends the whole day outside when we're here, we just put his litterbox with some hay in it outside, and there are 2 water bowls (my cat uses them too).
When the weather is too crappy or too hot for him to have some outdoor time, he gets the corridor to himself for a while, the time to stretch out his legs (about 2 hours) we close all the doors so that he doesn't leave the corridor.
We can't leave him in the house unlike Kenzo, because he chews on everything and jumps on our beds/the couch to pee.
Lottie
Lottie
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 669
Registration date : 2010-01-05

http://www.flickr.com/photos/milkyfactory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:01 pm

My buns have taken ove the patio! I have two large hutches and attached runs on there and the guinea pig's hutch. Rosie used to live in the dinning room untill Hutch joined her, but one of them started spraying everywhere so I had to aclimatise her gradually to outdoor living as I didn't want rabbit wee all over my curtains and walls Home stealing animals! 423553 I actually really miss her being in the back room, you get a lot more out of a house bun.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:35 am

My two have a "bedroom" which is a storage room that I took over. There's a few boxes in there but nothig massive, it's partly carpet partly concrete, and there is a sink which is handy for filling up their water bowls.

They used to be allowed in the house, but since my mum found out they chewed her very old and very expensive leather couch, they're in the bad books and are only alllowed outside. I let them outside once a day for about half an hour, longer on the weekends. Smile
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by lexybee91 Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:29 pm

Awww, I really love this thread...I think Jack does too, he wanted to type. Tehe. I love hearing what everyone else does with their aminals Very Happy xxx
lexybee91
lexybee91
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by alicia Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:49 pm

My rabbit will have to live outside Sad But he is going to have a big hutch and run so he can run around and I'm going to cover his hutch with blankets and things at night to keep him warm Smile
alicia
alicia
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2010-05-22

http://www.theguineapighutch.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:54 pm

My two are outside buns. They live in a huge compound which is 20 x 15 and are free from breakfast (8.00ish) until it gets dark. They spend the day looking for grass, sleeping and running around like nutcases. They were outside when it was -18 and we absolutely fine.
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by alio Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:11 pm

Well, I have 6 bunnies in the shed, 2 that have the total run of the conservatory, 2 that temporarily live in the understairs cupboard (not as bad as it sounds 7ft x 3ft with the door removed) they also have the run of the kitchen, hall and porch until the weather gets better and then they will move outside and one in quarantine in a pen in my bedroom!!! There are rabbits everywhere!!! Somebody help me Laughing Laughing Laughing
alio
alio
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2011-01-05

Back to top Go down

Post by lexybee91 Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:14 pm

Ohhh!!! That sounds like my house too Alio Smile
lexybee91
lexybee91
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by lexybee91 Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:15 pm

NickieM that's georgous! Smile x
lexybee91
lexybee91
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down