Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I bought some things for the rabbit today

+3
ElleyMay
Vince the bunny
alicia
7 posters

Go down

I bought some things for the rabbit today  Empty I bought some things for the rabbit today

Post by alicia Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:39 pm

I really shouldn't be this excited about buying a few things for the rabbit, but I still am Laughing

I bought him a bowl:
I bought some things for the rabbit today  Rabbitthings001

And some chew things (I'm a bit worried about him getting dental problems so I've got quite a few chew things to have as well as hay so hopefully this shouldn't be a problem)
I bought some things for the rabbit today  Rabbitthings003
I bought some things for the rabbit today  Rabbitthings002

Are the coloured blocks ok? I was a bit worried about the colourings used in them, though I thought if they weren't safe for rabbits they wouldn't sell them but I just wanted to check whether you think they're safe or not.
I've only bought a few things because I'm saving up for his hutch, but I'm going to buy him a water bottle and a few other things in a few weeks time. Can anyone suggest any toys I could get him? I'd like some toys to put in his run for when I'm at school, I don't want him digging out so I'm trying to get some toys to keep him occupied and entertained.
I'm so excited Happy Dance
alicia
alicia
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2010-05-22

http://www.theguineapighutch.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

I bought some things for the rabbit today  Empty Re: I bought some things for the rabbit today

Post by Vince the bunny Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:57 pm

It is exciting buying stuff isn't it?! The coloured blocks will be pet friendly so should be ok, I bought my piggies a colored fiddle sticks bridge/tunnel thingy and they haven't been ill because of it.

You can make toys too out of cardboard innerts on loo rolls, stuffthem with hay or string them up together and hang from the roof of the run. Fruit tree branches are good for chewing if you can get a supply of them somewhere. Cereal boxes are good for stuffing with hay and hiding a bit of veg in. Cardboard boxes with a door or two cut in and a few windows.

You could look in charity shops for hard plastic baby toys like rattles and teethers, those cheapo bargain shops sometimes sell carpet squares so buns can sit on them off the patio floor whch is nice, not really a toy but a home comfort providing they don't try and eat it.

You can buy those bendy tunnels that you can adjust the shape of and add together, I find plastic tunnels are better than the fabric ones as the fabric ones get chewed and some of the wire eventually pokes out which can be an eye poke hazard. My buns love tunnels and cardboard boxes!

A cardboard box filled with hay and shreded paper or old towels (again try charity shops) is good for a dig box. A smallish tray with homegrown grass is a nice treat they can munch on (I'm going to try this one this spring)

One of my buns likes to toss about plastic washing line pegs!

Sometimes you can find wicker baskets etc in charity shops that buns like to chew and throw about.

Best thing to beat boredom though is a bunny friend to play with and snuggle up with I bought some things for the rabbit today  497709

I hope this helps, I love spending my spare pennies on the buns and scouring charity shops and bargain stores for things they can play with.
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

I bought some things for the rabbit today  Empty Re: I bought some things for the rabbit today

Post by alicia Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:19 am

Thank you for the help Smile I am hopefully going to get him a friend at some point after I get him. I don't have the space to keep two rabbits seperate so I am going to get him and get him neutered first.
alicia
alicia
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 207
Registration date : 2010-05-22

http://www.theguineapighutch.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ElleyMay Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:51 am

You know what? Canada SUCKS for Rabbit stuff. I really wish I had access to some of the great products you folks get in the UK. Maybe I'll need to venture over there this summer... you know... strictly for rabbit purposes!
ElleyMay
ElleyMay
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1551
Registration date : 2009-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:26 am

ElleyMay wrote:You know what? Canada SUCKS for Rabbit stuff. I really wish I had access to some of the great products you folks get in the UK. Maybe I'll need to venture over there this summer... you know... strictly for rabbit purposes!

I completely agree Lindsay. Over here there's nothing, I have to make my own or adopt cat toys! So frustrating. I'm heading over there in July, I think i'll have to post back a big box of rabbit gear Very Happy

NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by lexybee91 Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:42 pm

I'd be excited! xx
lexybee91
lexybee91
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:55 pm

alicia wrote:Thank you for the help Smile I am hopefully going to get him a friend at some point after I get him. I don't have the space to keep two rabbits seperate so I am going to get him and get him neutered first.

That would be the best present you could get him. x x x Thumbs Up
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by lexybee91 Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:58 pm

Deffo!xx
lexybee91
lexybee91
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 442
Registration date : 2010-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:23 pm

I love buying things for my babies too.

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down