Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you stop your rabbits from...

+2
Ruffin
Minnie&Crystal
6 posters

Go down

How do you stop your rabbits from...  Empty How do you stop your rabbits from...

Post by Minnie&Crystal Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:49 pm

Hello, I was just wondering how do you stop your rabbits from chewing through furniture? as my bunnies have started chewing massive hole in my bed sofa We have tried covering the holes up, but, they seem to just carry on doing Hmmm If anyone has any advise please comment. Thank you Smile
How do you stop your rabbits from...  Mini&Crystal
Minnie&Crystal
Minnie&Crystal
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-02-12

Back to top Go down

How do you stop your rabbits from...  Empty Re: How do you stop your rabbits from...

Post by Ruffin Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:19 pm

[b]I have tried allsorts but never managed to stop them we have bunny size holes in the curtains as well now but tables chairs etc very dificult Very Happy
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

How do you stop your rabbits from...  Empty Re: How do you stop your rabbits from...

Post by Minnie&Crystal Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:34 pm

Oh Hmmm ok thanks anyway Smile
Minnie&Crystal
Minnie&Crystal
New Hopper
New Hopper

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2011-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:38 pm

[b]sure ther will be someone along soon with loads of ideas I am certanly no expert and probably let the bunns get away with far to much Smile
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by Yodaphine Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:48 pm

LOL! It must run in the family, I have had the chewing issue too, particularily when I bought my new rug...and it frustrated me for weeks, as she has loadsa toys to chew on and theres really no need! When she starts chewing, I would shout no, stomp my feet, clap my hands, tried everything, nothing worked! Hissy Then I recieved a tip from Jay, He was having trouble stopping Stewie Bunsta chewin his speakers...Much like me, he tried everything, shouting clapping, stompin, nothing worked! Then he discovered the water spray bottle!...I have to say this has worked a treat for me too cheers
As soon as she starts, I give her 1 warning of 'Nooooo' in my best teachers voice, and if she ignores me and carries on chewing, she gets squirted! Within a matter of days, she had figured it out 'Nooooo' means stop that else you get squirted, now I dont have to use the water spray...I say 'Nooooo' Roo legs it, and finds something to occupy herself, before she gets wet!

But I also have this to spray on the stuff she really will not leave alone...Chew Stoppa...I had to spray the corners of my cube with this, as she would not leave it be! Now it tastes horrible, so she aint too keen anymore! Hope this helps xxxxxxx

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:20 pm

The water bottle is the best idea!!!!

Now this tip wont work on your soft furniture.....but its good on the wood.

Olbas oil. Onto some cotton wool and then onto the skirting or table leg or whatever.

We tried Chew-Stoppa.....he thought it was delicious!!!!! But olbas oil worked a treat.

Be warned though....it does smell for a day or so, but after that the smell goes away.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Yodaphine Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:44 pm

Olbas oil!!! That is genius!! Chew stoppa I find works on soft furnishings (for Roo anyway) but hard surfaces, ie, the coffee table legs, it doesnt! I just have to keep telling her 'No', I feel like a broken record! lol! So im gonna try the olbas oil tip!
Thanks for that Katie! Thumbs Up

Yodaphine
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 472
Registration date : 2011-01-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:46 pm

[b]Total oposit with Ruffin she loved the olibas oil I may try the water bottle trick though with these two you do throw it at them dont you Very Happy Very Happy
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Back to top Go down

Post by willowholly Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:56 pm

Dill loves chewing,though he's not as bad now he's older plus he has lots of chew toys like cardboard boxes,twigs.
willowholly
willowholly
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by jolovesbunnies Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:23 pm

Our place is devastated because of Snuffie in his younger days and nothing we could do ever stopped him. He chewed big holes in the carpet (we now have vinyl) chewed corners of the wall until the place looks as if it is gong to fall down, the pretty border in my bedroom and anything else he could find. I think some buns are worse than others. I have had other bunnies but never as bad as him. He has slowed right down now being eight, but evidence of his earlier exploits are everywhere !!

Good luck

Jo xx

jolovesbunnies
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11948
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down