Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bruce decided I needed to do some exercise this morning

+4
Vince the bunny
KatieB
Dawnbunny
NSD
8 posters

Go down

Bruce decided I needed to do some exercise this morning Empty Bruce decided I needed to do some exercise this morning

Post by NSD Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:11 am

I have just spent 45 minutes chasing Bruce around the garden to try to get him inside! The naughty boy, now I'm really hot, chasing bunnies in this weather is not good! I let them out as normal this morning, and Josephine went in after a while, but Bruce would have none of it! I tried bribing him with treats but he wouldn't walk through the damn door to get inside the cheeky ******. I ended up having to trap him in a corner of the garden and started chasing him to try to pick him up since he couldn't be fielded inside. He was so hard to catch! After about half an hour I ended up having to get my mum and sister to help me block him in so I could pick him up.

I felt really sorry for my boy too, he is used to me fielding him, but I could see he went from "no, mum, I'm not going inside just yet, I'm having too much fun" to sheer panic and fear. He was really scared and didn't know what was going on, but it was the only way I could get him inside and I was leaving soon, I can't leave him in the garden when I'm not home! I think most of the fear was confusion about my mum and sister - they have very little if not nothing to do with Bruce, he isn't used to them being around him, so it must have been confusing for him.

By the end of it I think he was just so scared of my mum and sister that he welcomed me picking him up since he knows me! I feel really guilty that I scared him like that, but at the same point I had no option - if only he would go inside!

He's now being groomed by Josephine. I can imagine her saying "there there, silly boy, now will you learn next time to go inside when mum asks you to?: Laughing
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Bruce decided I needed to do some exercise this morning Empty Re: Bruce decided I needed to do some exercise this morning

Post by Dawnbunny Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:17 pm

oh dear naughty Bruce... when they make their minds up they wont do somehting it can be difficult to persuade them...

If it happens again could you use a broom or large piece of cardboard to help herd(persuade) him inside ... broom/carboard can act as a block to stop him running around even though it doesnt ever touch the buns it helps to ge them to go in the right direction...

Dawn
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Bruce decided I needed to do some exercise this morning Empty Re: Bruce decided I needed to do some exercise this morning

Post by KatieB Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:24 pm

Oh Bruce!!

So let me get this right....... he turned down food?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I hate it when they make you feel guilty for having to do something because they wouldnt co-operate in the first place.

Sending him nose rubs just because I cant resist naughty bunny behavior.
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince the bunny Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:52 pm

lol, this sounds very much like Hutch. It's either be chased and caught by me or stalked and killed by Mr Fox. Don't feel too bad Bruce decided I needed to do some exercise this morning 901982 I have to get DH to catch Hutch, he reckons he must look half cut staggering around the front garden in random directions Bruce decided I needed to do some exercise this morning 811805
Vince the bunny
Vince the bunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2290
Registration date : 2010-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by NickieM Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:28 pm

I have this scenario every night with Wolfie just now. Except he sits and looks at the open door but will not make any attempt to get inside. I know - and he knows - that if I go near him, he will dart away. So it is a case of just waiting until he can't bear to see Felix eating all the tea and gives in. But it is always HIS decision and not mine. Particularly enjoyable when it is raining or snowing.

Poor Bruce, he just needs to realise that he has to do what he's told! Laughing Laughing
NickieM
NickieM
Admin

Number of posts : 14530
Registration date : 2008-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosie Rabbit Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:38 pm

Oh Bruce, silly boy that you are!

I've been in this scenario too, it's not pleasant when the buns start getting scared - if only they knew it was for their own good!

Is your weather still as hot?
Rosie Rabbit
Rosie Rabbit
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2016
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by NSD Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:33 pm

It's still high 20s at the moment. And the sun is crazy!

I already use brooms to heard him in. Usually it works, but the other day he was hopeless.

Katie I know - since when has Bruce refused food?!! He does like to nibble on mum's plants, maybe he decided the plants were better than pellets. Laughing
NSD
NSD
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 2212
Registration date : 2010-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:47 pm

I remember chasing Berts round the room and that terrified look. Could you train him to come when called Nic?
Jay
Jay
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 11365
Registration date : 2008-07-02

http://www.hoppingmad.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Dawnbunny Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:16 pm

NSD wrote:It's still high 20s at the moment. And the sun is crazy!

I already use brooms to heard him in. Usually it works, but the other day he was hopeless.

Katie I know - since when has Bruce refused food?!! He does like to nibble on mum's plants, maybe he decided the plants were better than pellets. Laughing

So Bruce has sussed the broom cant really make him go inside !!!!! Try and place gloves (wool or dishwashing) on either end of the broom so it looks different, this should confuse him enough that he might want to go inside first time ! Very Happy

Hope it works... its jo fun chasing or being chased in such heat...

Dawn
Dawnbunny
Dawnbunny
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 519
Registration date : 2011-02-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Catsknickers Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Haha he is a funny chap! Laughing They soon get wise to the broom trick don't they.
Catsknickers
Catsknickers
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 12740
Registration date : 2008-06-22

http://www.rspca-lincoln.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down