Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dill's constant chewing...

3 posters

Go down

Dill's constant chewing... Empty Dill's constant chewing...

Post by willowholly Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:23 pm

Dill has always been a chewer,like B has always been a digger but his chewing is more directed at his own things now.He always has a cardboard box to chew on but when I take it off him because I am worried he will make himself ill,he just starts on something else like the door,skirting board,but whilst he has his box,he leaves doors etc alone.He gnaws on twigs & munches on hay-he always has to have something to chew on,do you think there is a problem with him.I read once its due to lack of roughage but he has everything he needs in that respect.Any ideas? Smile
willowholly
willowholly
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Dill's constant chewing... Empty Re: Dill's constant chewing...

Post by Happy Hoppers Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:21 pm

I should imagine it is simply his way of making sure his teeth are adequately worn down, rabbits are designed to graze which means they eat large amounts of often low nutritional food, and there for, spend most of their waking lives eating.

I don't think there is anything unnatural about a rabbit that is constantly chewing, quite the opposite in fact.
Happy Hoppers
Happy Hoppers
Admin

Number of posts : 6477
Registration date : 2008-06-14

http://happyhoppers.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruffin Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:51 pm

[b]I think Ruffin has chewed just about everything in the house we havent got a door left with a square edge at the bottom and the trouble I get into when she chewes the best coffee table even when I explain that its not me thats chewing it Rolling Eyes she also has a cardboard box in the hall that she has shaped and made it her own little hideaway the box has just about had it now but we havent the heart to take it away from her. The other two lovingly known as the phsyco twins have only been in there new shed for a month and allready eaten so mutch of the wood despite eating so mutch hay that I was thinking of renting a field to grow my own. Smile
Ruffin
Ruffin
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1122
Registration date : 2010-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by willowholly Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:13 pm

I thought people would say its normal for a rabbit to chew!Thing is though i've had housebuns for 18years & not one has chewed skirting boards or furniture.B doesn't chew.
willowholly
willowholly
Junior Hopper
Junior Hopper

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2010-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down