Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

on TV this morning.

4 posters

Go down

on TV this morning. Empty on TV this morning.

Post by Indie22 Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:36 am

I was just watching Daybreak and see that they are going to have some rescue rabbits on the programme. Does anybody else feel that its terrible on the rescues part to advertise on easter weekend. Surely that promotes the "lets by the kids a bunny rabbit" with no thought just for them to end up in rescue once they get bored. I know most rescues are against it.

Your thought?

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2010-03-08

http://www.eladonnsreptiles.com

Back to top Go down

on TV this morning. Empty Re: on TV this morning.

Post by Felix&Willow Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:27 am

I would imagine they are going to do a peice detering people from doing just that - though maybe it will prompt people to rescue a rabbit instead and therefore be checked out as to whether they have the proper set up and commitment? We live in hope!

Friends of mine (without me knowing) have just bought 2 lovely rabbits from pets at home, 10 weeks old - 2 girls, they were given little to no advice, they werent aware they should get them speyed and this will cost £100 a bunny, and that if they dont they are likely to fight. They are also being fed everything under the sun. I am by no means an expert as I am still learning - though in comparrison I may as well have a doctorate! It has been very difficult to say 'no, thats wrong, no, thats wrong' - and do wonder if they are going to be able to look after these little ones - they really dont seem committed to fork out for the speying, and after having them just a week automatically said 'well if they are going to fight one is going to have to go' - Just one example of an easter 'present' Sad
Felix&Willow
Felix&Willow
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1123
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by KatieB Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:20 pm

I have to say I was shocked to see this on TV this morning.

I fully understand from the rescue point of view that the message they tried to get across was "home a rescue bun" but for me, the stronger message that came across was, im afraid, "bunnies for easter are a good idea". There was a lot of talk about how cute they are and how sweet and fluffy.

That said - I didnt see all of the broadcast so perhaps the message was there and I missed it. But in the bits I did see, there was no information about a buns needs, or that buns brought for easter end up in rescues. But I didnt see the whole thing.

Well done Fat fluffs for giving it a go, I really hope that this does raise bunny awareness and some of their buns are re-homed as a result - perhaps they were constrained by the programme makers?

Last edited by Katieb on Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
KatieB
KatieB
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper

Number of posts : 17265
Registration date : 2009-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Ears Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:30 pm

I missed the broadcast sadly but I had read that Fat Fluffs rescue were doing a piece - to enlightened people regarding the true commitment needed with owning rabbits and how many end up in rescue etc. I haven't seen any feedback as to how well it went but in theory it sounded like a good idea to get the message across today - I hope they did manage to get the message across, I'm kicking myself for forgetting to watch it.

Big Ears
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 1000
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Indie22 Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:51 pm

It was 2 minutes of giving basic rabbit care and getting excited about how many calls they had about adopting. I wonder how many of them call had been though through?

Indie22
Established Hopper
Established Hopper

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2010-03-08

http://www.eladonnsreptiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down